lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Happy 4th Birthday JKII!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-28-2006, 08:33 AM   #1
txa1265
Father Jedi

Forum Veteran 
Happy 4th Birthday JKII!!

OK, apparently it is the 26th not the 28th (memory fades with age ), but I've been playing through the single player campaign of JKII again as I do each year to celebrate the release of one of my favorite games of all time.

It is interesting what has happened in these years. Many of the 'Post PC Obi-Wan meltdown' period seem to have drifted at least somewhat - at least of my old fogey co-horts Even StormHammer, who was a bastion of single-player games has become a MP addict, and leXX has become utterly addicted to WoW. Prime now has a baby, and me? I've gone from casual gamer to managing editor at GamerDad.

But Jedi Knight II remains consistent, and remains a wondeful and fun experience. I still get chill at the Yavin Trial area, it remains a cathartic experience and one of the top moments for me in gaming. And the saber combat is still unmatched in any other game.

Mike

Dopelar effect (n.) The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
txa1265 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
dtriniman
Rookie

Agreed. NOTHING can replace that feeling I got when I finally got my saber on Yavin for the 1st time. JK2 was my 1st SW game. It started out ok but when i realized I could get a lightsaber and force powers I was hooked. And don't even talk about when I found the dismemberment code . My relationship with JK2 is on and off. I uninstall then reinstall next month. Your the 1st person I've heard who celebrates (or even knows) the anniversary of JK2. I salute you sir!

dtriniman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2006, 12:20 AM   #3
Tinny

I agree, JO rocked so hard. We want more games like that Raven

Redeemed!

An old school mod for jedi academy.
Tinny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2006, 12:48 AM   #4
Samuel Dravis

Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? JKII was -is - a great game, and I still play single player every once in a while, because JKA's doesn't touch it for entertainment value.

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2006, 03:11 AM   #5
Good Sir Knight

Happeh Birfday JO!

yay!

Good Sir Knight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #6
Jamps

I remember when I got JKII. It was a birthday gift when I had my junk computer. I had to set everything on low, but even with that I was amazed. I got to play it for 15 minutes before I went to school.

Even today it is still one of my favorite games. The community isn't as big as I wish it would be though.
Jamps is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 11:03 PM   #7
JokotoFett
Rookie

Oh I still play it a whole lot to this day.

JokotFett, One bad Mandalorian
JokotoFett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Happy 4th Birthday JKII!!