lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What kind of battlefield do you have trouble on?
Wide open battlefields (geonosis,hoth) 16 26.23%
Small,narrow battlefields (TantiveIV,Polis Massa) 20 32.79%
A battlefield with obstacles(It's kind of small it's kind of big)(Endor,Naboo) 17 27.87%
A battlefield with some narrow parts some wide parts(Felucia,coruscant) 14 22.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll


Thread: Battlefields
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #1
Genral O
Rookie
 
Genral O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton,AB
Posts: 69
Battlefields

What kind of places do you have trouble on?

I gave 2 examples for each option


Level 81 Farstar Bounty Hunter:GenralO BattleX

NGE FTW!What do you say to that?
May The Force Be With You

Last edited by Genral O; 04-02-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Genral O is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2006, 03:59 AM   #2
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
whups, i clicked the wrong one. i meant the narrow ones (tantive IV). i hate them. wide open battles are good. so are the ones with obstacles.


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2006, 06:14 AM   #3
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran
 
ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The three dimensional geometric shaped space station of DOOM!
Posts: 787
Small narrow ones. I do enjoy them at times, but they play better with smaller amounts of troops. Usually I find them much to claustrophobic. Examples: Polis Massa and Mustafar. These places can be cool, but more often then not I find them more frustrating then fun.


Not being paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't trying to kill you... or does it?
ParanoidAndroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
biny
Rookie
 
biny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 170
I voted "Small,narrow battlefields (TantiveIV,Polis Massa)". I like streets/cities especially.


"I reject your reality, and substitue my own!"
-Adam Savage, Mythbuster Extraordiniare.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."
-Jean Chretien, former Prime Minister of Canada.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!!





biny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
hellhawk
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by biny
I voted "Small,narrow battlefields (TantiveIV,Polis Massa)". I like streets/cities especially.
dude he said which one do you have TROUBLE on. READ!
hellhawk is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #6
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O
 
zerted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Inside a human body.
Posts: 1,245
How about ones with lots of underbrush, plants, and/or fog.



(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2006, 08:32 AM   #7
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerted
How about ones with lots of underbrush, plants, and/or fog.
Why would you want that? Felucia on multiplayer sucks! yet alone 1 player!


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-08-2006, 05:13 PM   #8
zerted
Click Center of Circle: O
 
zerted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Inside a human body.
Posts: 1,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_tyrant
Why would you want that? Felucia on multiplayer sucks! yet alone 1 player!
The poll is titled: "What kind of battlefield do you have trouble on?" I was suggesting a poll option for maps with fog/brush like Endor and Felucia, becasue my machine can't handle them, thus I have trouble on those maps.



(I may not agree with thoughts posted under this name)
Looking for a mature clan? Checkout www.rdhclan.net
email/PM me for more info
zerted is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #9
biny
Rookie
 
biny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 170
If you mean like Dagobah, no. I hate Dagobah. I can't see.


"I reject your reality, and substitue my own!"
-Adam Savage, Mythbuster Extraordiniare.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."
-Jean Chretien, former Prime Minister of Canada.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!!





biny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #10
Niner_777
[RC-1270]
 
Niner_777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Desert canyons of Praesitlyn
Posts: 1,491
Sometimes I have trouble with small/narrow ones, because enemies can wipe you out with a gernade real easily. This goes the same for you however. It's also claustophobic. Actually, I voted for wide open battlefields because unless you're a sniper or something with a good long range weapon, many times you must travel through open ground with little or no cover, in some cases. If I'm not playing smart, sometimes I'll be fired upon from multiple directions, and once the enemy has you in the open, its hard to get away. I suppose you can survive on any battlefield, if you know how to play it that is.
Niner_777 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #11
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard
 
Commander Obi-Wan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,363
Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
None. Maybe expect battles in space. So I guess wide, open space battlefields. Otherwise, I have no trouble what so ever.


Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2006, 08:18 PM   #12
Genral O
Rookie
 
Genral O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edmonton,AB
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Obi-Wan
None. Maybe expect battles in space. So I guess wide, open space battlefields. Otherwise, I have no trouble what so ever.
Thanks Commander Obi-Wan.I forgot space battles.Post if you have trouble on space battles the most.


Level 81 Farstar Bounty Hunter:GenralO BattleX

NGE FTW!What do you say to that?
May The Force Be With You
Genral O is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #13
Darth Andrew
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Indiana, U.S.A
Posts: 943
I guess I have the most trouble on small and narrow battlefields, although I'm actually pretty good on the Tantive IV.
Darth Andrew is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #14
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
so pretty much it's polis massa thats the worst map. (narrow maps). although felucia is exttremely annoying


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 03:57 PM   #15
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered
 
RaV™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On Top Of The World Baby
Posts: 1,490
The narrow battlefields are incredibly hard to me. I get owned on Polis Massa, because of the narrow corridors and walkways. TantiveIV is a little easier.


http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #16
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
wow. i just realised that the reaosn i was gettin pwned so much on polis massa was that i play with friendly fire on. it turns out my team was usually killing more of eachother than the enemy with those stupid grenades.


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-11-2006, 12:47 AM   #17
toue
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 148
i probably have the most trouble with wide open maps mostly because i hate them which means i play worse, i do however love the small maps mostly because i love them, so i play very well (horay for the tantive 4! whoo! :P)


toue is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-15-2006, 05:19 AM   #18
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toue
ii do however love the small maps mostly because i love them
im sorry, but that really doesnt make any sense whatsoever...


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2006, 12:23 PM   #19
Green Beret
Rookie
 
Green Beret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10
i love small maps cuz grenades work better there. popping around corners and stuff also afew troops can hold off aton of guys on small maps if there are medic and ammo bots in nearby.
Green Beret is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2006, 01:24 PM   #20
Mini Maul
Rookie
 
Mini Maul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 38
I cant stand Endor, thats my worst one of them all



please join my general discussion forum
clicky please
Mini Maul is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2006, 07:55 AM   #21
Reclaimer
Loves Keira Knightley.
 
Reclaimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: ...
Posts: 1,661
I voted for wide opened battlefields.


philla は陰茎のハハのwat の名前をであるそのlmfao のゲイの名前吸う
Reclaimer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-30-2006, 03:28 PM   #22
biny
Rookie
 
biny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 170
I posted way back and I just realized, I didn't read the poll right. I thought it was what kind you like best. Hence my voting of small/narrow maps. I like those the most. I have the most trouble on wide open ones or ones with underbrush and, especially, fog (Felucia, Dagobah).


"I reject your reality, and substitue my own!"
-Adam Savage, Mythbuster Extraordiniare.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."
-Jean Chretien, former Prime Minister of Canada.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!!





biny is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2006, 08:13 PM   #23
Greenelf9
Lurker
 
Greenelf9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3
Battlefields like Tantive V or Polis Massa are harder for me, because a single hit from a grenade or rocket lancher can wipe out loads of people at once. (Especially when the AI on my own team blow themselves and me up ).

Vader is a really good character for Tantive V, however, because his slow walking speed doesn't matter as much, allowing him to do major damage.

Big battlefields are awesome, especially those with high platforms or hiding spots for sniping.
Greenelf9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2006, 08:03 AM   #24
TSR
Hoist the colours!
 
TSR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lincoln, England, UK
Posts: 2,777
Current Game: Rift
Forum Veteran LF Jester Helpful! 
Cloud City
only available on xbox


British By Birth. English By The Grace Of God

Dulce et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori
Let Mercy Come
TSR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2006, 03:38 PM   #25
Verbatin
Lurker
 
Verbatin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Korriban
Posts: 5
Narrow maps are the hardest! Friendly Troops crammed in narrow corridors killing each other, its awful and difficult!
Verbatin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2006, 01:12 AM   #26
Halo_92
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,068
I love the Narrow maps! I own in those.
Halo_92 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #27
Tango Feet
Rookie
 
Tango Feet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Syd-er-ney, Australia
Posts: 11
I find I have the most trouble on Felucia, mainly due to the damn fog. I also sometimes find narrow battlefields , such as the Tantive IV annoying ..but then again I also use the close quarters fighting to my advantage to take out groups of enemies with grenades and rockets.
Tango Feet is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2006, 10:15 AM   #28
Pho3nix
#rekt
 
Pho3nix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,370
Forum Veteran 
Wide open battlefields Geonosis ftw!

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2006, 03:24 PM   #29
Ro'bert
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15
I hate the trees in Yavin and Endor.
Ro'bert is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #30
Unit 351
Rookie
 
Unit 351's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 20
Playing offline, the forested maps are a nightmare, online when playing as rebels, is much better
Unit 351 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2007, 02:09 PM   #31
Darthmooseman
Lurker
 
Darthmooseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Britain
Posts: 3
i voted for narrow maps, cuz the battles are boring and the things you can do are limited. I much prefer open spaces because there is a bigger variation of things to do and your not constricted to one direction.


I just LOOOOOOOOOVE star wars!
Darthmooseman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #32
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria
 
MachineCult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Disneyland?
Posts: 2,657
I like the narrow maps and the huge wide open maps, but not those ones that are inbetween like Felucia and Endor, they can be a bit annoying.



"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2007, 06:22 PM   #33
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere
 
jawathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,635
Current Game: Age of Empires II
like zomg, rez

I went with the nonexistant option of Yavin IV, Felucia and Dagobah(sort of)since they are incredibly laggy.



"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-16-2007, 07:27 PM   #34
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
I like small, narrow battlefields, but they give me the most trouble. That along with forest maps.


Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2007, 06:15 PM   #35
TKT101
Rookie
 
TKT101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: You don't want to know
Posts: 84
I have big trouble the open field maps as I am not a good sniper. I love the narrow maps and I pwn on them.
TKT101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #36
Jawajedi
Rookie
 
Jawajedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My house
Posts: 14
why dont you ppl just use invincibility the code is pause the game up up left down down down left up up up left right youlll here a beep if it works
i dunno if it works on evry system but i know it works on ps2 and xbox at least


Proud to be the first Jawa Jedi! What goes on in my day :

That about sums it up!

Thanks for looking at my posts! I'm probably going to do Republic Commando online soon....
More info on that later!
Jawajedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #37
Jawajedi
Rookie
 
Jawajedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My house
Posts: 14
i meant up up up left down down down left up up up left right ok?


Proud to be the first Jawa Jedi! What goes on in my day :

That about sums it up!

Thanks for looking at my posts! I'm probably going to do Republic Commando online soon....
More info on that later!
Jawajedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #38
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere
 
jawathehutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,635
Current Game: Age of Empires II
Please use the edit button and dont necro old topics



"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2007, 05:20 PM   #39
TripHammer
Junior Member
 
TripHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston, MA USA!!! XFIRE: triphammer666
Posts: 314
I like a lot of space. The problem is.. alot of space usually means vehicle noobs. So I find myself prefering the maps without vehicles... which are the smaller or narrower maps.


TripHammer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-27-2007, 08:49 PM   #40
cptpenguinman
Lurker
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2
what about the ones with ewoks/wookiees lol those are toughest
cptpenguinman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Strategy > Battlefields

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.