lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Tales of the Jedi
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-13-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Tales of the Jedi

Just a quick question, I've decided that I want to read the Tales of the Jedi series but it's really hard to find any information about what order the graphic novels are in.
So can anyone tell me what order all I should read all the books? (and are they any good?)

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
Palpatine_dc
Rookie

Current Game: The Old Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
Just a quick question, I've decided that I want to read the Tales of the Jedi series but it's really hard to find any information about what order the graphic novels are in. So can anyone tell me what order all I should read all the books?
Chronologically it starts with 'The Golden Age of the Sith' followed by 'The Fall of the Sith Empire' both in around 5000 BBY. Next is 'Knights of the Old Republic' followed by 'The Freedon Nadd uprising', 'Dark Lords of the Sith', 'The Sith War' and finally 'Redemption' with the last 5 taking place around 4000 BBY. I recommend you read them in that order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineCult
(and are they any good?)
They're ok. Art and design are a definitive improvement compaired to earlier Marvel comix, but are no way up to the recent material (Clone Wars etc.). Storyline is also a little backdated, since they were published before the prequels. They have some memorable characters, and if you played KotOr or TSL you might recognise some where the game made reference to.

Last edited by Palpatine_dc; 06-13-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Palpatine_dc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2006, 07:22 PM   #3
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
From the source.

I think they're pretty cool. I think you'll have some difficulty finding some of the comics... Unless they've been reprinted them recently or something.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 02:17 AM   #4
Darth_Terros
Veteran

Helpful! 
The art is terrible and the way the story is written it treats you like an idiot.

Redemption is probably the best one though.

Darth_Terros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2006, 01:35 PM   #5
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
If you are just interested in getting the backstory, you are probably better off reading the New Essential Chronology.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Expanded Universe > Tales of the Jedi