lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Arms seperated from body!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-23-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
jadendecar
Rookie

Unhappy Arms seperated from body!!

Well, as some of you know, I have been having trouble getting my model in-game. well, now I have it in-game, but each arm is about 2 meters from the body. Anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by jadendecar; 06-23-2006 at 10:46 AM.
jadendecar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2006, 10:49 AM   #2
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Yes, you have to build the character in the proper way, your pivot points are all messed up on those meshes.

When your character is completed, it should be ONE solid mesh, no detached body parts, at that stage, you go to the hierarchy tab to the right (the icon is a box with 3 smaller boxes attached to it).

Select affect pivot only, then you click center to object (in the alignment tab). Once you align the pivot point, you need to add the reset xform modifier, (go to utilities (hammer tab) click reset xform, then reset selected, if you did some weird manipulations your mesh will get distorted and get the normals flipped. Once you have applied the modifier, you go to the stack and COLLAPSE it (dont delete the modifier!).

After doing a quick test, i can see that all your meshes suffer from this.

At least you got it to compile which is good!

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2006, 11:10 AM   #3
jadendecar
Rookie

yep, I just noticed that they all are like that in this model too. I tried playing an animation, and "blob" doesn't even come close to describing it.

I'm just gonna start from scratch, as obviously, both these models were not made correctly, so wish me good luck.

Last edited by jadendecar; 06-23-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Bah you'll be fine .

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #5
jadendecar
Rookie

I'm not so sure. I tried the reset xform, but now everything (especially the head) is really messed up, the head was practically turned sideways then half-way inside out.

EDIT: woops, I hit collapse all *bangs head on wall*, anyways, I reset it fine, but I gotta re-cap, re-weight, reset the hierarchy, and export it again though.

UPDATE: I only have some weighting left, and then i'm gonna compile it.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Alright, the arms are now attached, but are rotated up at a 45 degree angle. Psyk, would you mind taking a look at it? Also, here's a screen shot of how it looks now:
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/8978/help5wy.jpg

FINAL UPDATE: The model is actually in-game now with 0 deformation, so this topic can be closed.

Last edited by jadendecar; 06-23-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JA Modeling > Arms seperated from body!!