lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Index Threads
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-04-2007, 03:20 AM   #1
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Index Threads

Recently, three of us writers over at the CEC have made Index Threads. Those three writers were CSI: Nihilus, Darth Grivis and myself. I think a new Sub-Forum in the CEC should be made called, Index Threads, where writers can post an Index Thread, if they are writing a series of Fanfics, like myself. However, I don't mean to be big headed, but my Index Thread is a perfect example of what one should look like. It should have lots of information, with links to everything related to it, etc and it could also have other information, like how the writer came up with the idea, etc. Sometime, I will write it in my Fic. I shall give more information when I have time, but what do you think?

Edit: Here are all the Index Threads:

CSI: Nihilus
Darth Grivis
Mine
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2007, 03:44 AM   #2
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Don't you think that adding 'Part I' or 'Part II' in front of the title in the Fanfics by Author thread would render that obsolete? It would give you one less forum to have to browse through, and all the trilogies/fics done by the author would be available as well. Not to mention how all the fics would still be in that thread anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #3
Anakin Skywalker
Argetlam

Helpful! 
I don't have an Index thread, but I need one... so... I will make one soon...

:edit:

got the Thread done HERE

Last edited by Anakin Skywalker; 01-04-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Anakin Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Fics are already listed by author and title in the Archives. To be honest, I don't really see a need for the index threads, either, since you can see everything by looking down the page.
Any information pertaining to a particular fic should go in that particular fic's thread, anyway.

Edit:
After discussion with other moderators, it was decided that index threads are not necessary, so I am closing all index threads. Please put any indices in your fics and/or sigs. You could put this information in a final post in the thread, link that fic to the next in the series, or make a small list in your sig. Since the fics are already listed by both author and title in the Archives, and you have your own fics where you should put this information, this kind of thread is redundant. There's no need for someone to go to an index thread when they can just click on your fic instead, and going to an index thread and then to the fic actually adds an extra step to the process that makes it more work.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Last edited by Jae Onasi; 01-05-2007 at 02:49 PM.
Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Starwarsknights.com > Feedback > Index Threads