lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [Fic] The Sera Tana Saga
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
The Sera Tana Saga

Banner by Mono_Giganto.

This is the first part of the Sera Tana Saga. This is a Short Fic and the others will be long Fics, except for the last part, which will be a Short Fic like this. I know, that the meeting isn't on there, I will edit it in sometime, since I haven't had time to write it and I won't post the finished link, until I finish that uncompleted part. I'll let you know when I've edited it in. Enjoy.

Banner by Mono_Giganto.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Star Wars
The Sera Tana Saga Part I - Leaving for the Unknown Regions

Approximately four thousand years before the rise of the GALACTIC EMPIRE and the BATTLE OF YAVIN, the former SITH LORD, REVAN left for the UNKNOWN REGIONS four years ago, which was one year after the JEDI CIVL WAR. He has been there since.

On the way to the planet, TELOS, the JEDI EXILE, SERA TANA and her closest friend, ATTON RAND are preparing to see an important member of the REPUBLIC and one of the only remaining JEDI left in the galaxy. Little does Atton know, that Sera has something to tell him. A month has passed, since DARTH TRAYA’s death on MALACHOR V.

Meanwhile, on Telos, the current ADMIRAL of the Republic, CARTH ONASI is concerned that Revan hasn’t returned from the Unknown Regions yet. The JEDI KNIGHT, BASTILA SHAN, is also concerned about Revan and is growing impatient, because he hasn’t returned. They can only hope…

Prologue

“Will he ever return?” Bastila asked, sighing, as she stared endlessly out of the window.

She missed Revan so much now. Where was he now? Was he alive? Had he been killed? Questions ran through Bastila’s mind, each of them, she knew that she would be unable to answer. Bastila had wondered if she had always loved Revan from the start, during the Mandalorian Wars. Unlike Revan, she remained with the wise Jedi Masters on the Jedi Council. Ever since she had been trained as a Jedi, she had always trusted the Council’s wisdom, always willing to stand with them. As time passed on, especially, during the Jedi Civil War, Bastila wondered if the Jedi teachings were flawed, as Revan once said, before he left with his friend, Malak, to fight against the Mandalorians. Perhaps Revan was right. Perhaps the ways of the Jedi were flawed. Perhaps Bastila should have followed Revan to war. Would that make her any different from who she was now? Bastila heard the door behind her open.

“Bastila,” A voice whispered.

Bastila felt a tear fall from her eye, but Bastila quickly made it look as if she hadn’t been crying. She turned around to see the Republic Admiral, Carth Onasi. He was a close friend of both her and Revan. Like Bastila, he also missed Revan, but not in the same way as Bastila. He wasn’t as desperate as Bastila was. Bastila loved him and Carth didn’t. Carth and Revan were close friends and that was all. Carth had never trusted Revan when they first met on Taris, but then again, he had never trusted anyone since his wife died. Revan had changed all that. He had given Carth a reason to live again. Because of Revan, he had helped Carth find his lost son, who he believed to be dead. Dustil Onasi. Both Carth and Bastila had their reasons for missing their friend.

“Are you alright Bastila?” Carth asking, a soft tone to his voice.

“I’m fine, thank you for asking Admiral… I mean Carth,” Bastila told him, remembering that she didn’t have to call him by any title, once they weren’t in any business with anyone else.

Carth sat down and smiled. He never liked seeing anyone else depressed. Ever since Revan left, Carth had promised Revan, that he would keep the Republic strong. The problem was that the Republic was rapidly falling to utter chaos, because of the loss of many Jedi.

“I notice the Jedi Exile, hasn’t arrived yet,” Carth told Bastila.

“Don’t call her that Carth,” Bastila warned Carth, “She is a person. Sera Tana. Other than us, she is the closest person to Revan. I remember when they… were in love once.”

Carth didn’t say anything as he stood up the leave. He wanted to be there, when the Jedi Exile… Sera Tana landed on the Telos Citadel Station. He whispered his goodbyes to Bastila, before leaving.

After a brief night of passion, the Jedi Exile, Sera Tana knew that her time with her friend, Atton Rand would end soon. She loved Atton, but she knew that she would have to go alone into the Unknown Regions to find the first man she ever loved. Revan. She didn’t love Revan anymore, she loved Atton, but she knew that Revan needed help. Help that only she could provide. Sera sat in the co-pilot’s seat, while Atton was in the pilot seat, piloting their ship, the Ebon Hawk, a ship that once belonged to Revan, during the Jedi Civil War.

“Hey beautiful,” Atton spoke, over the beeping noises of the ship’s engines, “What’s wrong? Something troubles you and I can feel it.”

Sera looked at him. She knew that he was right, but did she have to tell him now? Couldn’t they wait until they landed on Telos, before telling him? Sera wondered how he knew.

“Trust me, I know, I’m Force sensitive,” Atton replied to Sera’s thought, as if he read her mind, “Now could you please tell me what’s wrong?”

“We can wait until we’ve met with Admiral Onasi,” Sera told him, hoping that Atton wouldn’t ask her anymore questions.

Luckily, he didn’t.

As the Hawk landed in one of the hangars on the Telos Citadel Station, one of the Telos Security Force guards greeted them. Without talking to either Sera or Atton, the Telos Security Force guard led them to Carth’s office.

“Where do you think Revan is now?” Carth asked Bastila, who had decided to stay with Bastila to keep her company.

“I don’t know,” Bastila told Carth, “I just don’t know. I sense he is still alive but… but I don’t know where.”

Carth put his hand on her shoulder and looked into her eyes. He wanted to assure her that Revan was still alive, but even he didn’t know if Revan was still alive.

“Admiral Onasi,” The guard began, startling both Carth and Bastila, “The Jedi Exile is here and she has been accompanied by a certain scoundrel. Do you wish to see them now?”

“Yes please,” Carth told the guard, who immediately sent the two of them in.

Before Sera and Atton entered the room, Bastila left the room. When Sera and Atton entered the room, Sera bowed towards Carth before speaking.

“Greetings, Admiral Onasi,” Sera told him, “It’s a pleasure to see you again.”

“The pleasure is all mine, Master Tana,” Carth told her, believing her to be a Jedi Master.

He turned to greet Atton, but he just nodded and Carth ignored him. How was Carth going to tell Sera that Revan needed to be found? Carth knew that this was a task that only Sera could do. He didn’t know much about Atton, but perhaps he could help Sera, if she would let him.

“I need you to find Revan, Master Tana,” Carth continued, “I fear for his life. The only person I can trust right now is you.”

As Carth said those words, he felt guilty, because he knew Bastila was capable of finding Revan. Sera was the only other person he knew that he could trust. After all, she was one of his most trusted followers, during the Mandalorian Wars.

“I’ll gladly look for Revan,” Sera told Carth, “After all, I did serve under him…”

“And I did too,” Atton interrupted.

Carth smiled and returned his attention to Sera.

“Thank you for doing this for me, Master Tana,” Carth told her, “By doing this, you’ll be doing a tremendous service for the Republic. You may leave when you wish.”

Sera bowed towards him and left, with Atton following her. Carth could only hope that Sera would succeed with the task she had taken upon herself.

Immediately after Sera and Atton’s meeting with Carth and Bastila, the two of them returned to the Hawk. Sera knew that this was now the time to tell Atton that the task in front of her would have to be done alone. Atton immediately grabbed her hand.

“Sera,” He began, “You promised to tell me what was wrong after the meeting. What is it?”

Sera sighed. She wondered how Atton would react and it was how she imagined. She knew that he wanted to go with her, but what Kreia had said was true. She could only complete this task if she was on her own. That was why in her last adventure with everyone, she had been stricter than normal.

“Well, Atton, this task in front of us, well…” Sera began, “It can only be done alone.”

“What are you saying?” Atton asked.

Sera sighed, immediately grabbed Atton’s other hand, while they held hands together. Sera looked into Atton’s eyes and Sera felt a tear pour down her face.

“Atton, Kreia once told me that where I must go, I can’t take anyone with me,” Sera told Atton, trying to keep strong for the two of them, “I trust her wisdom. Revan did what Kreia has told me and yes he hasn’t returned, but things will always happen to the people of those closest to them. I don’t want that to happen to you. Do you understand?”

Atton nodded, sad to know that what Sera was saying was true.

“So where will you go now?” Atton asked.

Sera didn’t reply, as she boarded upon the Hawk. She turned to see Atton walking off.

“I don’t know yet!” Sera shouted, noticing Atton lightening up, “But trust me, the journey ahead of me will be long!”

And with that, Sera knew that a new journey had begun. She was leaving for the Unknown Regions. To find her leader. To find the former dark lord of the Sith. Her first love. Revan.

Last edited by Topsite; 02-15-2007 at 03:41 AM.
Diego Varen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #2
KotO[REvan]

Helpful! 
It seemed kind of rushed toward the end, but it was still good. This leaves a lot of plots open for your future chapters, nice opening. Hope to see more.

KotO[REvan] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Thanks for the comments KotO[REvan] and yes the end was rushed, but I shall edit that hopefully too. Thanks for the comments and no more Chapters for the first part.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
KotO[REvan]

Helpful! 
That leaves Part I a little short, but that's not always a bad thing.

KotO[REvan] is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2007, 04:43 AM   #5
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotO[REvan]
That leaves Part I a little short, but that's not always a bad thing.
No, this is an introduction to the Sera Tana Saga.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #6
Kas'!m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsie
No, this is an introduction to the Sera Tana Saga.
Oh so this is a different story from Knightfall and Echoes of Darkness?
Kas'!m is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2007, 02:01 PM   #7
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas'!m
Oh so this is a different story from Knightfall and Echoes of Darkness?
Yes. Echoes of Darkness is the second part in the Sera Tana Saga and it is being rewritten here, along with Unsatisfied Hunger. Anyway, all the Parts shall be posted here, because:

1. It saves me making new Threads.

2. All comments can be posted here.

3. I liked JediMaster12's idea of posting all of her Heart of the Guardian Trilogy in one Thread.

4. When all parts are finished, the Index Thread will also be posted.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #8
Kas'!m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsie
Yes. Echoes of Darkness is the second part in the Sera Tana Saga and it is being rewritten here, along with Unsatisfied Hunger. Anyway, all the Parts shall be posted here, because:

1. It saves me making new Threads.

2. All comments can be posted here.

3. I liked JediMaster12's idea of posting all of her Heart of the Guardian Trilogy in one Thread.

4. When all parts are finished, the Index Thread will also be posted.
Well, good luck. I know how hard it is to rewrite. I had to change time line three times just for The Direnic War to make sense (went from NJO to Darth Bane's time to KOTOR finally)
Kas'!m is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2007, 05:32 AM   #9
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
Nice start, and i will be looking for Part 1

The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2007, 07:17 AM   #10
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_BFA
Nice start, and i will be looking for Part 1
Thanks Mr_BFA, this is Part I . Hence the title The Sera Tana Saga Part I - Leaving for the Unknown Regions. Oh and when I've finished posting all five parts, I will make a massive Finished Thread with all of the Fics in.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:22 AM   #11
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

Current Game: SMT: Imagine
Nice shortie Potts. Well done, and i'm looking forward to the re-written Echoes of Darkness. If you're having any trouble, just call.
Jason Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2007, 07:25 AM   #12
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Skywalker
Nice shortie Potts. Well done, and i'm looking forward to the re-written Echoes of Darkness. If you're having any trouble, just call.
I will. Thanks Jason. The re-write is taking a long time, but hopefully, I'll do at least ten Chapters, before I start the re-write of the incomplete Unsatisfied Hunger and make my enemy, Nihilus a bit better than what he was in the previous version.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:53 AM   #13
The_Catto
The Rhythm Schism

Current Game: KotOR
lol, (uhh .. Think quick, BFA ... Think quick!) i meant, umm ... i meant i was looking for the real part 1, seen as though, that was just an Introduction ... yeah ... thats what i meant!

The_Catto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #14
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!

Current Game: Frozen Throne
Helpful! 
It's a good piece, as it describes before and after the meeting of the Exile and Carth. Nicely done...And Evan got the point, the shortie looks like rushed. Don't rush and take your time.

[Offtopic]God, I need to work on my fic...

| Muunilinst 10 | Real Life | Exiled Jedi Weapon Master | Ex-Sith Marauder | Gunslinger |
Killed in a suicide attempt of ramming his own ship, Ravager, onto the surface of Telos IV. --Casualty Report: Order 66
CSI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #15
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI: Nihilus
It's a good piece, as it describes before and after the meeting of the Exile and Carth. Nicely done...And Evan got the point, the shortie looks like rushed. Don't rush and take your time.

[Offtopic]God, I need to work on my fic...
I have to agree with both of those points CSI. I will edit the Fic, once I have time. I've asked Jae to change the Thread title to The Sera Tana Saga, since I want all the Fics to be in this Thread.

Last edited by Pottsie; 01-17-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:27 PM   #16
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!

Helpful! 
Mmm...That sounds like a good idea, if Indexing thread is prohibited.

| Muunilinst 10 | Real Life | Exiled Jedi Weapon Master | Ex-Sith Marauder | Gunslinger |
Killed in a suicide attempt of ramming his own ship, Ravager, onto the surface of Telos IV. --Casualty Report: Order 66
Old 01-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #17
CSI
Aa! Megami-sama!

Helpful! 
[Whispers to Pottsie]

I think Jae said Index Thread is prohibited?

Old 01-14-2007, 02:25 PM   #18
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSI: Nihilus
[Whispers to Pottsie]

I think Jae said Index Thread is prohibited?
Yeah, I know. Sorry, I meant I will post the Index Thread with the Finished version of this Thread. I've decided to write two Chapters and an Epilogue to the first part of the Fic. It seems empty to me. Prepare to see them soon.

Last edited by Pottsie; 01-17-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #19
Ben_Walker
Smartass

I like this Pottsie... hehe, so Atton finally summoned the guts to say he actually liked the Exile? Nice. I'll look forward to more.

Remember the breeze across your face
Remember the swaying sleeves in the wind
Remember the grains of sand beneath your feet
between your toes
Remember the freedom in the never ending waves

Remember I'll be at the beach.

Jedi Academy - Renaissance
Ben_Walker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2007, 01:47 AM   #20
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Thanks Ben_Walker. Several edits have been made in the Chapter and that is the only Chapter, unless I can be bothered to do two Chapters (One based on Atton's feelings and Sera on her way to the Unknown Regions). Tell me if you want me to do this and I'll see.

Last edited by Pottsie; 01-17-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #21
Ben_Walker
Smartass

Hey I'd read it, but as the author it's up to you if you continue this or not.

Remember the breeze across your face
Remember the swaying sleeves in the wind
Remember the grains of sand beneath your feet
between your toes
Remember the freedom in the never ending waves

Remember I'll be at the beach.

Jedi Academy - Renaissance
Ben_Walker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2007, 02:48 AM   #22
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

I don't think I will continue the first part. Thanks for your input Ben_Walker, but I like to get other member's views. I shall not only be writing this Saga, but I'll also be writing ten Short Fics on different parts on Sera's life and two Special Edition Fics of the Sera Tana Saga too. When I post the finished Thread of this, they will all be in the same Thread.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #23
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Current Game: Assassin's Creed
LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
OK I finally got ensnared by the other thread Pottsie.

First off that first part was beautifully written. the only problem I had was that it was slightly rushed at the end where Sera tells Atton that he can't follow. I would have liked to see a bit more drama liek disbelief, you can't be serious and the big question: WHY? It is a bit cliched but people seem to like it and it turns out that I like it too. I read too many Betty Neels. Any way, the first half with Bastila and Carth was extremely well put together. I could see the concern, the longing and maybe a hint of jealousy on the part of Bastila?

I was hoping that you would follow the game dialogue a bit more when Sera met up with Carth after the Ravager thing and all. It would have fit better. I was also disappointed that you didn't have Bastila come out of hiding to talk to Carth after the Exile left. Again my thing with gameplay and dialogue. Overall this looks to be promising Pottsie.

JediMaster12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2007, 04:35 PM   #24
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

I must have a habit of rushing the ending. Bastila was supposed to talk to Carth about finding Revan, but Carth thinks that the Exile is the only suitable person to find him. I was trying to follow the game dialogue, but I haven't played TSL for a while and I had to guess. However, once I write the Shorties, I'm editing the first part and making it longer with more Chapters, since it seems a bit boring, if I left it like that, since it would be to similar to the Short Fics. Thanks for your helpful critque again JM12.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:12 AM   #25
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Here's the first Chapter. It is set a month before the Prologue (All the Chapters are, until the Epilogue), as Malachor V is destroyed. It is a bit short, but I wanted to have TSL's ending in one of my Fics.

Chapter I - Escaping Malachor V

One month earlier

Kreia, Darth Traya, the Lord of Betrayal, fell to the floor. The duel was over and the Trayus Core was silent. Sera had defeated the one who had retrained her in the ways of the Force. Her master. One of Kreia’s only successful apprentices, after the one she had always loved. Revan. Sera stood alone in the Trayus Core, with Kreia’s lifeless body on the cold platform floor on which Sera stood. What would she do now? Would she wait for her friends to find her? Would she have to find a ship to leave Malachor V? Or would she do what Kreia intended to do? Wait for others to come to Malachor and then train them in the ways of the Force in the Trayus Academy. The silence was interrupted by a rumbling noise. It wasn’t the normal earthquakes and thunderstorms that Malachor normally had. No. This was a powerful earthquake, bringing the Trayus Core around Sera down. Rocks off the walls were collapsing and the bridge that led to the platform in the Trayus Core had been broken. The Mass Shadow Generator had been activated by the Remote. Sera was annoyed. She and the Remote’s owner, Bao-Dur had given strict orders to the Remote to activate it once Sera and her companions were off the planet. Now Sera knew that she would die along with Malachor. The platform was becoming smaller and smaller, parts of it eroding, before breaking apart from the rest of the platform. Sera could hear a rumbling noise, which had joined the noises of the corroding Malachor. It then came to Sera that the noise was familiar. It was the engines of the Ebon Hawk, her ship. Sera knew not to become relaxed. The Hawk might not be able to escape Malachor, if the Trayus Academy was caved in.

“Come on!” Bao-Dur shouted, almost falling off the boarding ramp.

Sera immediately ran towards the Hawk, leaping onto the boarding ramp, just as the last part of the platform collapsed. As Sera landed inside the ship, she felt her side, which had been hurting, since Sera’s battle with Kreia. Bao-Dur helped Sera up off the floor and took her through to the cockpit where Atton, Mira, Mical the Disciple and the Utility Droid, T3-M4 were in the cockpit. Sera and Bao-Dur joined them in the crowded cockpit.

“How much further Atton?” Mical asked, concerned for the fate of everyone in the Hawk, “We got to get out of here!”

“Shut up kid!” Atton shouted at him, “I’m trying to concentrate. I’d like to see you pilot this ship.”

The Hawk was forced off course, as the ship hit one of the floating rocks that surrounded the Trayus Academy.

“Atton what are you trying to do?” Mira asked angrily, “Are you trying to get us to crash into every rock?”

Atton sighed as he tried to concentrate on piloting the Hawk. He was about to loose his temper and everyone in the cockpit could tell.

“Look! Shut up!” Atton shouted, checking where they were about, before saying, “We’re about to leave Malachor. We’ll live another day.”

Sera sat in the co-pilot seat, still clutching onto her side.

“Well, that’s nice to know,” She told Atton, looking out, sensing Malachor’s destruction.

The echo in the Force had been destroyed. Sera hoped now that the echo wouldn’t harm anyone else in the galaxy. At least this time, the activation of the Mass Shadow Generator destroyed Malachor. Sera sighed, feeling grateful that Atton had managed to get them out of Malachor alive. She didn’t feel well though. The injury Kreia had given her hurt more than she previously thought. Atton turned to see Sera tired and breathing heavily.

“Are you alright?” Atton asked, putting the ship’s controls on autopilot.

Sera didn’t reply, since she didn’t have the strength. Atton left Sera alone in the cockpit and ran out. Sera wondered if he had gone to find someone to help. Sera’s insight had served her well and Atton soon returned to the cockpit, with Mical.

“She doesn’t look well,” Mical told Atton.

“You think?” Atton asked rudely, “We need to get her to the med bay.”

Without saying anything else, both Atton and Mical grabbed Sera and carried her to the medical bay. She felt hot and both of the two men knew that she needed medical attention straight away. When they reached the medical bay, Mical stayed in the medical bay with Sera. She would need to recover and they wouldn’t consider going anywhere, until Sera was better. Mical was the only person who would keep an eye on her. For now.

Last edited by Topsite; 02-15-2007 at 02:07 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:09 AM   #26
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

WOO! You're back and with a vengeance! Okay, maybe not, lol .

Good chapter, nice to see another perspective of the TSL ending.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:43 PM   #27
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

LFN Staff Member Veteran Fan Fic Author Contest winner - Fan Fiction Forum Veteran 
Nice to see that you finally began this Pottsie and to think I didn't need Kujo my killer pencil to prod you

*clears throat*

It behooves me to say that I was disappointed with your ending of the escape Pottsie. It wasn't that it was rushed but I felt that there was a lack of detail that gave the image of tension and nerves shattering in an attempt to escape. I would have expected to see Atton gazing intently out of the screen, watching intently what was going on outside the Hawk. I couldn't tell if you were attempting to make Mical like David from Independence day with the "Must go faster, must go faster,go go go go go!" thing. If that were the case, I would have added a bit more fervency in Mical's voice, maybe Mira interjecting to the ship getting hit by rock like, "Atton are you trying to hit every rock?" or something like that. It would add to the tension and justify Atton's outburst of "shut up!"

The very end I think was weak in that you didn't portray the relief that comes from just having escaped. Most people I have read mention like they felt the loss of the adrenaline rush or something of that nature. I don't know but somehow I get the feeling that you didn't put that much effort into this chapter as you did with the previous and your best shortie in the other thread. I apologize if I seem overly crtical but this chapter seems to make your bounty hunter piece sound better. I don't know if it was a drabble that you had in mind or something but I have seen you do better and I hope it is nothing serious that affects your writing.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #28
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

The first Chapter has recieved some edits. I hope it is a lot better now and the Prologue may also recieve the same treatment.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #29
Jason Skywalker
Fight da Powah

MUCH better. Good job Topsite. Didn't catch any errors, and it seemed to me more realistic.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #30
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

I read Chapter One again and I have to say that it is much better Topsite. BTW, that is a nice anagram of Pottsie. If you think this will keep you safe from the flying manuscript, then you are sadly mistaken

Anyway, I see that you put alot more detail into the chapter regarding Atton and his trying to fly out of the Trayus Core. The sarcasm does Atton sound justice. You did have a grammar error. It is "lose" not "loose." That taken in wrong context could proove Atton to be a ladies man. I suggest going back and looking for stuff like that. Also you left us hanging. You mentioned Mira but you didn't say if she left or stayed in the cockpit since she said that comment to Atton on the way out. It seems that when you attempted to correct one thing, you left holes, like you had the idea and it died by the wayside. If you do that, then you leave us as readers unsatisfied in completion. Your attempt was good and I hope you continue to make improvements.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #31
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Thanks JM12. I will be doing several edits, etc, similar to what Jae is doing with The Adventures of Jolee Bindo. If anyone is interested in being a Beta Reader, please PM me.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #32
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsite
Thanks JM12. I will be doing several edits, etc, similar to what Jae is doing with The Adventures of Jolee Bindo. If anyone is interested in being a Beta Reader, please PM me.
If your revisions go anything like mine, you'll be tickled at how much your writing has changed/improved over the course of a year. It's worth the work.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2007, 01:05 AM   #33
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Thanks JM12 and Jae. I believe I have improved, but even I need advice.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #34
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

No problem. I think I will enjoy this fic as you o along. You can always use me as a beta. You know of my qualifications

Old 02-06-2007, 01:33 PM   #35
JediMaster12
Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

Everyone does Topsite aka Pottsie

A good writer constantly edits their work. After walking away from a piece for awhile and then come back, you see what you missed. Wish ya luck.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #36
Daft Adidas
Full of Lies

ok cool i like i did say in the other one with the short fics that i might not be able to read all the saga but i can now. So are all the ten going to be posted here or on the other one?

Daft Adidas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #37
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Well all the Shorties will be posted in the other Thread, but once I finish the first part of the Saga, Jae has offered to merge the Shortie Thread with this one. Thanks for the interest Aida.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #38
Daft Adidas
Full of Lies

no problems can't wait to read more of the main fanfictions.

[Thinking}Hmm, my fic needs working on[/Thinking]

Daft Adidas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2007, 04:07 PM   #39
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Also, since Valentine's Day is coming up, I've decided to make the second two Parter Fics as Poems of love. One from Sera/Revan and the other from Atton/Bastila. What do you think (I'll be doing both Sera and Revan, since they're in the Unknown Regions)? This could change though, with Sera sending love poems to both Revan and Atton.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #40
Diego Varen
Left and may not return

Chapter II - Dead or Alive?

Sera was still unconscious and she had been in that condition for two days. Everyone in the Hawk was worried and they wondered if Sera was still alive. Atton took the decision into his hands that they should all stay strong for her, but as time passed, Atton was starting to doubt himself. Everyone agreed with Atton’s decision and continued as normal, but they were also starting to doubt themselves and each other. Atton wondered if the stress of being inside the Hawk was getting to them. He had promised the crew that when, or if, Sera woke up, they would take some time off to relax.

Atton entered the med bay. Mical and the Miraluka, Visas Marr sat around Sera, waiting to see if her condition changed. The Assassin Droid, HK-47 was also there with them.

“Statement: Meatbag, the master hasn’t awoken from her sleep yet,” HK told Atton.

Atton sat down in between Mical and Visas. HK’s words had made Atton even more stressed. He wished that he didn’t have to look after the crew, but Atton knew that he was one of the only people Sera could trust. Atton was sure that she trusted everyone in the crew, but she and Atton were in love and when she found out he was an assassin, Atton knew that he had to make it up to her. Not like this though. He wanted to take her and the others away to somewhere where they could relax.

“Get lost HK,” Atton told HK rudely, “Go and polish your rifle or something.”

HK grabbed his rifle, which he had left on the bed and walked off. As always, HK had to have the last word.

“Statement: I’m sorry meatbag, I was fearing for the master’s health.”

HK left the med bay and Atton, Mical and Visas sat around Sera. Mical stood up and also left the med bay. Atton wasn’t sure if he was coming back, so he didn’t bother going after him. Atton grabbed Sera’s hand. She wasn’t too hot or too cold. Her temperature was stable. That was a good sign.

“There are many scars that may never heal,” Visas began, quietly, “The Exile is deeply wounded and it may take a long time for her to return to us.”

Atton sighed. He knew Visas was right. What if she never woke up? What would Atton do? Not only did Atton fear for Sera’s life, but he also feared for his future. Two days had passed and Sera was still unconscious. How much longer would Sera be in her current condition? A week? A month? A year? Atton didn’t know if he could cope with it. Normally, Atton wouldn’t have cared what happened to people. It was their life and it was how they would end up. But not Sera. No, she had years ahead of her. If Sera died, Atton would feel like his new life was wasted. He had helped her off Peragus and told the truth of his life that had haunted him for years. She had gained his trust and when Atton told her the truth, their relationship grew stronger and they fell in love.

“Atton,” Mical whispered, disturbing Atton from his thoughts, “Are you alright?”

Atton noticed that Mical had re-entered the med bay. For once, Atton was grateful that Mical was here. He was probably the reason why Sera was still alive now. Atton had always been jealous of Mical, because he had known Sera a lot longer than he had and that Mical always seemed to follow Sera, wherever she went. Atton had always wondered if Sera had loved Mical. But Atton and Mical both knew that she was in love with Atton. Mical was just a close friend from before the Mandalorian Wars.

“Listen, kid, I need to talk to you,” Atton told Mical, before staring at Visas, “In private.”

Visas left the med bay. Atton guessed that she would probably meditate in the starboard dormitory.

While Atton waiting for Visas to be out of sight and earshot, he thought of his favourite game, Pazaak. Sera had learnt that he liked to play Pazaak in his head. Atton was remembering his last Pazaak game with the Twi’lek, Dahnis on Nar Shaddaa. He had won that game for Sera. That thought was one of the only thoughts that kept Atton going, during his last two days on the Hawk.

As soon as Atton was sure that Visas and the rest of the crew were out of sight and earshot, Atton shut the med bay door and returned to his seat.

“Look kid, you are a great help to me,” Atton told him, “I mean Sera. I mean, I’ve never got on with you, since I met you and I have no reason to now, but I… we need you.”

“Need me?” Mical asked.

Atton nodded.

“Yes,” Atton continued, “You are the only person capable of making sure Sera pulls through. I want you to look after her as much as you can and if you can do that, I’ll be forever grateful to you.”

Both Atton and Mical stood up. Atton nodded to Mical, before opening the med bay door and returning to the cockpit. All Atton could hope for now was that Mical would stick to his promise and that Sera would return. Atton didn’t want Sera to die and he knew that only Mical could prevent that from happening.

Visas sat down to mediate where she normally meditated. Ever since redeeming herself from the dark side, Visas no longer felt the pain of her home world being destroyed by her previous master, Darth Nihilus. Now, she reflected on her future. As she meditated, her mind began to echo with dark thoughts. Her dark past had returned to Visas, reminding her of the pain and destruction of her home world and it’s people. Suddenly, Visas could hear Nihilus’ voice echo inside her mind.

“No,” Visas spoke to her mind, “No! I no longer serve the dark path! I never will!”

Nihilus’ voice continued to echo, Visas tried to forget her dark thoughts.

“No!” Visas shouted, “I won’t let you take the Exile. I won’t!”

Atton sat in the cockpit, checking the ship’s position. They were in the middle of nowhere of space. There were so many stars, but no single planet. Then again, Atton hadn’t been letting the Hawk travel much, since Sera became unconscious. Atton heard footsteps behind him. It was Bao-Dur.

“Atton,” He began, “How is the General?”

Atton sighed. He knew how much Sera didn’t like being called General.

“Touched a nerve did I?” Bao-Dur asked, sitting down in the co pilot seat, “I suppose the General doesn’t want to remember the war. I agree nor do I, but General was her title, during the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi always insisted that…”

“Just shut up Bao-Dur!” Atton shouted, punching the controls angrily, “Just shut up! I can’t cope. I can’t cope anymore.”

He fell to his knees, upset. Bao-Dur remained silent as he walked over to Atton and helped him up. He comforted Atton, letting him be upset, which he hadn’t been able to be for a long time.

“It’s okay Atton,” Bao-Dur told him, “She’ll pull through, I knew she will. She is a strong person and the Mandalorian Wars made her a stronger person. Just like me and I’m sure you’re a stronger person since the war. Just relax for a while. You’re trying to hard. I’m sure the Gen… I mean, Sera, won’t want to see you like this. Please relax. If not for me, for her.”

Bao-Dur left the cockpit, leaving Atton alone in the cockpit. Atton hoped Bao-Dur was right. He wondered if after his breakdown, if he could cope anymore.

Last edited by Topsite; 02-15-2007 at 02:10 AM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Coruscant Entertainment Centre > [Fic] The Sera Tana Saga