lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: ''Please insert DVD'' bug. Please help this sucks.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
Docter_Aap
Rookie

''Please insert DVD'' bug. Please help this sucks.

I was kinda bored and i thoud: Lets reinstall SW:BF2. and so i did. I played a few singleplayer games and decided to go online so i got myself patch 1.1. But as soon as i installed it, my PC claims that the proper DVD isnt inserted anymore (while it is). I've tried putting it in and out, reinstalled the game, I even reinstalled windows and it didnt work (had to happen anyway).

(by the way when i reinstalled the game it did work without the patch)

Please help me with this i want to play online and i want to play Custom Maps too.
Docter_Aap is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
Docter_Aap
Rookie

Ow yeah i already tried a No CD crack
Old 01-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria

Jesus Christ, you reinstalled windows!? That is hardly ever the answer to a problem.

This is a workaround posted on the LucasArts support forums:
"If by chance your computer has a secondary DVD drive, you can use it to start up the game. I thought I'd give it a shot and it worked. From what I can assume about how the secuROM "software" works is that its tracks whatever drive you installed the game with...but I could be wrong. You can basically bypass it with the other drive. I installed my copy using my DVD+/-RW, but the DVD-ROM drive runs the game since I can't get it to work in the RW. I also assume this may work for those with the CD version as well. Though I do not guarantee it. Hopefully, a patch will come out sometime soon...but from what I see going on here...it feels like they (Lucasarts) abandoned the game to concentrate on other product.

If this works for you...good gaming to you. If not...sorry it didn't work in you case. "

I personally had the same problem, the only reason I installed the patch was because I thought I had to in order to play the Battlefront 1 conversion pack. When I did it didn't read my DVD, so I just uninstalled it and it worked fine without the patch.

You don't need the patch to play custom maps or play online.
But if you are desperate for the patch, you may have installed the wrong version, there are several (i.e. International version, CD version, etc.) and you could try this, it's an update for the CD-ROM version patch I believe, but again, the patch isn't necessary to play online or play custom maps.

"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
Docter_Aap
Rookie

1. I had to reinstall Windows anyway.

2. only have 1 DVD drive and 1 CD drive (old PC from 2001 with a few upgraded parts)

3. Ill try it out (patches)

4. I'm not really that desperate but I just hate that the custom maps appear with their ''3 character name'' and some other crap behind it.

And of course thanks for the help
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront II > Tech Help > ''Please insert DVD'' bug. Please help this sucks.