lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Which Version of CMI?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
Dewey32
Lurker

Cool Guy Which Version of CMI?

Hey

I'm looking to buy the Curse of Monkey Island, however, having looked around I've noticed there are versions which support different versions of Windows (ie theres some that support 95/98 and others that support XP etc.), see here for what I mean:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_...onkey+island+3

My questions concerns whether I'll be able to play the 95/98 version on my XP if I use ScummVM, or should I just opt for the version which supports XP, despite costing more?

Thanks!
Dewey32 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I wasn't actually aware there was more than one version, code-wise. I'm guessing that the 95/98 one does actually work normally on XP, and if not then it almost certainly will with the help of ScummVM.

I'm very saddened to have lost my original CDs (only have the box and manual) so I can't verify the original 1997 version does actually work on XP, although I don't think I've seen many people saying it doesn't.

Incidentally, anyone know if a patch was ever released for CMI? I can't remember at all.

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 02:42 AM   #3
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Hm. I think they made a patch so even folks like Fealiks or McCoy would be able to complete the game. Aaahahaha. *wet pants* XD

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
You should be able to get the 95/98 version to work using ScummVM (most people have) but if you want piece of mind, get the xp version.

Thrik, I think there was a patch, but I'm also unsure (and only just realised that I also have no idea where my CMI disc is... it's probably stuffed in some random DVD box, but I'm buggered if I know which).

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
bgbennyboy
Festively Plump

LFN Staff Member 
As far as I know there wasn't a patch and all releases of CMI (except for different language versions) are the same. Regardless of which version you get, you'll be far better off playing it through ScummVM so just go for the cheapest.

bgbennyboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > MI Chat > General MI Discussion > Which Version of CMI?