lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: KoTOR III timeline
After the end of TSL/destruction of Malachor V (sequel) 57 82.61%
Before KoTOR I starts/escape from Endar Spire (prequel) 7 10.14%
Between KoTOR I & TSL 5 7.25%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: KoTOR III Timeline
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-20-2007, 06:18 AM   #1
Darth Vanisher
Rookie

KoTOR III Timeline

Well... seems I haven't see any of this topic, so I made one. But if some kind like this topic exists before, please just abandon this one.

Ok, get to the topic. Which KoTOR III timeline would you prefer? I mean, do you prefer it to be a sequel (after KoTOR I and TSL take places), prequel (before TSL and KoTOR I take places), or between KoTOR I and TSL (after KoTOR I, before TSL)?

Post what do you think.
Darth Vanisher is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 06:42 AM   #2
Breger
Rookie

I think it should be before KotOR 1, maybe during the Mandalorian Wars.
Or before that, during the Exar Kun war.
There is a lot of potential in there, I think.
KotOR just brushed on the surface of the Mandalorian Wars, and the Exar Kun war.
It would be nice to play as a Mandalorian for a change, maybe one of the survivors of Malachor V, or something like that.
Or as a Jedi, that sides with the Mandalorians, or some other strange plot-twist, that would fit into the theme of Star Wars.
Breger is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #3
Ztalker
Saving the world casually

Forum Veteran 
Hmmm...there are two options I'd love to see.

1) Maybe 8-15 years after TSL, with a rebuild Jedi Order where you can train and do quests. Preferably on Coruscant. In K1 the Jedi were nearly destroyed ands we had an enclave where 5 jedi were walking around. Not exactly an impressive display of Jedi Power. So that's why I'd like a gap of 10-15 years.
Also, Revan and the Exile won't be dead of old age at that time, so they can be 'included' in the story as well then.

2) In the time between 1000 years for SW: Episode 1 (The last great Sith war) and Episode 3. The Jedi of that age are still members of the 'Old' Republic (presuming Luke Skywalker and the Solo's Republic is the 'new' one). Revan and The Exile could still be used for the story, as a sort of...holocron hunt or something. A young Jedi searching for the truth about the Sith or something like that...

In any case, AFTER TSL. I feel the Kotor Comics have the right to 'explore' the Universe pre-Kotor 1.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 07:05 AM   #4
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I think it's best to just continue the story. Otherwise, you'll leave the fans even longer in suspense. I want to know what's going to happen, and where Revan and the Exile went!
Miltiades is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
Kas'!m

I want it to be right after KOTOR II. Like right after you see the nebula or whatever. I would be completely angry if it was set ten years after TSl, but anymore than that . . . I'll be very, very irate.
Kas'!m is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 05:45 PM   #6
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I've no idea how they would make KotOR III take place at any time other than after KotOR II. All the events there have been documented, it would have far less freedom in the storyline, and it wouldn't be able to resolve a plot with the true Sith.

I'd prefer it to take place immediately to several years after TSL. As long as it's short enough we can still see the surviving cast from both games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #7
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
I'd prefer it to take place immediately to several years after TSL. As long as it's short enough we can still see the surviving cast from both games.
Yeah, exactly. No more than a couple of years after TSL at the most. I'd like to see the cast of K1 and K2 back in K3.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:08 PM   #8
Jediphile
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miltiades
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Devon
Yeah, exactly. No more than a couple of years after TSL at the most. I'd like to see the cast of K1 and K2 back in K3.
Agreed.

The Old Sith Wars with Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma has already been told. Consult the various Tales of the Jedi comic books for that.

As for the Mandalorian Wars, it is currently being told in the KotOR comic book. Go read that to catch up.

Neither of these are well suited for a CRPG, since the events of these wars as well as the major characters are already well established. I could imagine strategy games or so based on it, yes, but a CRPG, no.

Besides, there is a big, open cliffhanger that TSL left hanging. You'd think they might actually finish the current plot before they begin the next one... With all the references to the true Sith and "the great war that comes", the end of TSL is begging for some closure.

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2007, 06:02 AM   #9
Lance Monance
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile

Besides, there is a big, open cliffhanger that TSL left hanging. You'd think they might actually finish the current plot before they begin the next one... With all the references to the true Sith and "the great war that comes", the end of TSL is begging for some closure.
That's true. And quite frankly, it seems a little hard to continue the story without having to rely on lame/cliché elements. One more reason why Obsidian should be the only company to develop K3, since they are probably the only ones who can really add a unique sequel to TSL storywise.
Lance Monance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2007, 11:37 AM   #10
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Monance
That's true. And quite frankly, it seems a little hard to continue the story without having to rely on lame/cliché elements. One more reason why Obsidian should be the only company to develop K3, since they are probably the only ones who can really add a unique sequel to TSL storywise.
I completely agree that K3 should be be able to stand alone as a game and be as rich as the previous two, but these lame cliché elements are (to a degree) part of star wars, recurring motifs and what not, and its fandom (star wars) is far bigger than the rpg community, so don't be surprised if it has a cloak and dagger villain and a neophyte hero fighting to save/destroy the Galaxy... It comes with the name tag.

It should be set immediately after TSL, so the unsatisfactory ending can be tied up, then maybe jump a few months to a year later...

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #11
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer

It should definitely take place after TSL, no more than 2-3 years. What's the point of going over a plot we already know when there is new plot just waiting to be written. The KotOR series needs some closure...

Unless, of course, they decide to make a KotOR IV.
Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-21-2007, 07:37 AM   #12
Miltiades
Death... by Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sparrow
Unless, of course, they decide to make a KotOR IV.
Lets not get ahead of the facts.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #13
Jvstice

Definitely after, with perhaps a prequel that touches on Revan's time between K1 & K2.
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-23-2007, 09:27 AM   #14
BigMike322
Rookie

I think that it should take place after Kotor 2, but should tell what happen to Revan during Kotor 2 and the 5 years in between the first two games.

Darth Venom
BigMike322 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #15
darth god
Banned

after be for is a bit stupid realy inbetwen anit so bad though
darth god is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #16
Jedi Exile
Lurker

I would want it to be right after TSL with the Jedi Exile running to the Ebon Hawk with an Injury from Kreia and when she boards the ship She finds Carth Onasi and Bastilla Shan on the ship waiting for him/her. Also before they talk they have to flee becuase the mass shadow Generator is being re-activated. They get off the planet an fly to Telos IV and discuss a message Carth and Bastilla received and have the meeting interrupted by Jolee and Juhani. They then talk T3-M4 into unlocking the navi-computer into giving the last known location of Revan Thus begining the story of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic III.
Jedi Exile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #17
Darca Lar
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age Origins
I agree with it being after TSL, but not the rest. How does Carth and Bastila show up on board the ship if the Exile didn't notice them on board earlier? And why would Jolee and Juhani be there? But I do sort of like the idea of fleeing the Mass Shadow Generator, but if it was in the game, it should be the opening scene. No gameplay necessary.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Darca Lar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #18
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I read somewhere about a year ago that if there was going to be a KOTOR III, that it would take place after Episode III, and you were one of the surviving jedi of Order 66(the clone wars republic was sometimes called the "old" republic), but that may of been Star Wars TFU...
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2007, 09:28 AM   #19
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPloKoon
I read somewhere about a year ago that if there was going to be a KOTOR III, that it would take place after Episode III, and you were one of the surviving jedi of Order 66(the clone wars republic was sometimes called the "old" republic), but that may of been Star Wars TFU...
It would be hard to have a galaxy-spanning epic that doesn't affect canon...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2007, 09:56 AM   #20
Jasper_Kazai

I'd love to have KotOR III set in the Mandalorian Wars or possibly the Great Hyperspace War. Preferably the Manadalorian Wars, because then you'll get to see characters from both KotOR I & II.

Jasper_Kazai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #21
Darca Lar
Forumite

Quote:
Probably TFU, because that era is right at the beginning of the Empire which isn't KOTOR.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow, a mystery. Today is a gift...that is why it is called the present.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:58 PM   #22
BanthaFodder01
Rookie

If LucasArts did that then I would never forgive them for the trauma they caused...suspense mofos
BanthaFodder01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2007, 12:22 AM   #23
Adenn Kyramud
Rookie

I'd have to say during the Mandalorian Wars. They should bring in a force-using mando'ade as the main character, in my opinion, even though one of those has only been foreshadowed in one of the books, as far as I know.
Who else thinks this would be an awesome idea, or is it just me?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din
Adenn Kyramud is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2007, 01:04 AM   #24
Web Rider

After TSL of course, however, somewhat significantly after, few years or so I think. I also wouldn't want returning cast members as anything more than cameo roles. We've done their histories, we've done their backgrounds, their romances, ect... Of course if the party system was not fixed like it normally is, and allowed for literally unlimited number of party members possible(but still only 2-3 in an active group), then I wouldn't mind old cast returning over the course of the game.

I'd particularly like it set a significant amount of time after TSL so IF there are returning characters, they've had time to be up to something so we can hear new stuff and see how they've developed since Revan or the Exile.

I wouldn't mind a new ship too....the Ebon Hawk is nice...but eh, I'm a tad bored of it.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2007, 02:10 AM   #25
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
It wouldn't be a KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC III if it took place after Episode III. Where you got your information must have been refering to The Force Unleashed.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2007, 03:45 AM   #26
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
Why wouldn't it? Think about it, the jedi who survived order 66 were knights from the old republic....
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2007, 09:08 PM   #27
Darca Lar
Forumite

Because it wouldn't take place in the KOTOR ERA! The title wouldn't say KOTOR III because post Ep. III is Empire.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:26 AM   #28
Christos K
Forumite

Includes two small spoilers

This post has some spoilers. I agree with everyone who says it needs to take place right after TSL (No years or months, right after TSL Maybe a week but no more than a week!) I do think that it needs to take place right after TSL. You will either start as the Exile on the way back to Telos (most likely to inform the Republic and tell Carth even thought Carth said not to) or you will start as a new character waiting for the Exile on Telos. Now for some gameplay ideas of mine that will work. If you start as the Exile you will create two characters. One character for Revan using the faces that bioware made only they will all look a little bit older, and a Exile using the same faces. (If there is a new character they will get new faces.) Also I think it might be fun if once the character finds Revan that Revan becomes the new party leader and the character/s (Either the Exile, the new character, or both) you are using become party members (They will have no voice but that really doesnt bug me infact if the creators want to add voice they can) Also on the party problems, The new party should include 10 more people tha go with the 13 last members (HK-47, Canderous/Madalore, Mira/Hanharr, Atton, the Handmaiden/the Deciple guy, Carth, Bastila, Jolee, T3-M4, Juhani, Visas, GO-TO (However due to the cut cutscene the party will keeps "fat" Gotos' remains), Bao Durr (However again due to cut content Bao Dur might be dead just as many other party memebers from both games so this is as if you didnt kill the)

"It's the one that says Bad Mother ****er." - Jules Winnfield... Describing his wallet, Pulp Fiction.

Last edited by Christos K; 11-25-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Christos K is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2007, 02:48 PM   #29
Darca Lar
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christos K
This post has some spoilers. I agree with everyone who says it needs to take place right after TSL (No years or months, right after TSL Maybe a week but no more than a week!) I do think that it needs to take place right after TSL. You will either start as the Exile on the way back to Telos (most likely to inform the Republic and tell Carth even thought Carth said not to) or you will start as a new character waiting for the Exile on Telos. Now for some gameplay ideas of mine that will work. If you start as the Exile you will create two characters. One character for Revan using the faces that bioware made only they will all look a little bit older, and a Exile using the same faces. (If there is a new character they will get new faces.) Also I think it might be fun if once the character finds Revan that Revan becomes the new party leader and the character/s (Either the Exile, the new character, or both) you are using become party members (They will have no voice but that really doesnt bug me infact if the creators want to add voice they can) Also on the party problems, The new party should include 10 more people tha go with the 13 last members (HK-47, Canderous/Madalore, Mira/Hanharr, Atton, the Handmaiden/the Deciple guy, Carth, Bastila, Jolee, T3-M4, Juhani, Visas, GO-TO (However due to the cut cutscene the party will keeps "fat" Gotos' remains), Bao Durr (However again due to cut content Bao Dur might be dead just as many other party memebers from both games so this is as if you didnt kill the)
Haha! You make it sound like Halo where you Master Chief and the Arbiter. But you do have some good ideas, but if it was a new character, it either be:

1. A force sensitive who doesn't know it and comes across a Jedi in hiding who notices the PC's force sensitivity.
2. A new recruit for the Republic(also force sensitive) who, while on his/her first day on duty, gets caught in the cross fire of a Sith ship and a small Merchant Vessel(or a smuggler vessel *hint* *hint*) and ends up with a escaping Jedi who was on board the Merchant/Smuggler Vessel.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > The Unknown Regions > KoTOR III Timeline