lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How Powerful was Revan
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-26-2007, 11:01 PM   #1
kingoftheabyss
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 28
How Powerful was Revan

Revan has always been my favirote character in Star Wars and I've always stuck to my belief that he was one of the most powerfull Force Users in Star Wars history.


Im curious as too how other people view Revan's Force Power/Potential.

I've always considered him to be about as powerfull as Dath Vader...
kingoftheabyss is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
Master Shake
Junior Member
 
Master Shake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: S.D
Posts: 295
Current Game: kotor 3
Revan rules

nuff said
Master Shake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2007, 11:39 PM   #3
Char Ell
Force Enlightened
 
Char Ell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,368
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
There is no doubt that Revan was quite powerful.

So who got Revan's midichlorian count?


Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!


Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2007, 12:18 AM   #4
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell
So who got Revan's midichlorian count?
Midichlorians were just a silly lie invented by Qui-Gon Jinn. Seriously, you think the Force is bound down by anything that sounds like 9th Grade Biology?


Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
Char Ell
Force Enlightened
 
Char Ell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 2,368
Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
Midichlorians were just a silly lie invented by Qui-Gon Jinn. Seriously, you think the Force is bound down by anything that sounds like 9th Grade Biology?
Silly Sabre. Mitochondrion and midichlorian aren't the same thing.

We must thank Master Qui-Gon for providing us with a way to quantify the Force power levels of renowned Force users like Revan and Darth Vader.


Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!


Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2007, 03:44 AM   #6
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell
Silly Sabre. Mitochondrion and midichlorian aren't the same thing.

We must thank Master Qui-Gon for providing us with a way to quantify the Force power levels of renowned Force users like Revan and Darth Vader.
Yeah, so us fanboys can go like "Yay, my fav sith lord has 5472 more midichlorians than yours omglol "


Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-26-2007, 11:58 PM   #7
Jvstice
Junior Member
 
Jvstice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 382
I always thought Revan was more powerful than average, but where he really shined was in knowing where his enemies' weaknesses and his own strengths were, and what would be required for long term victory. I think this left Revan sometimes blinded to short term, or much nearer dangers.

All in all, I thought the great strength of Revan was his mind and charisma.
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #8
Meowster
Junior Member
 
Meowster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 293
Current Game: New Vegas/KotOR
Revan? As Kreia says "Revan was power. Staring into his/her eyes was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi s/he would slay etched on his/her soul." I don't think of Revan as...a brute in that way however, Malak was definately the wimpy Brute. I think of Revan as somewhat of a schemer...he/she was definately manipulative, and had great charisma, as Jvstice said. I do think Revan is somewhat overrated...I doubt Revan was 'the best' as most people believe.

Maybe 'one of the best'.
Meowster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2007, 12:27 AM   #9
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Probably fairly above average. I estimate two average squads of soldiers would be enough to take him.

Not that it particularly matters, I think the (non-cliched) parts of Revan's character are more interesting than his aptitude in combat.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2007, 12:34 AM   #10
Rev7
I'm a Mage
 
Rev7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,208
Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
I agree ED. In all actuality Revan might be taken down by several squads of soldiers would be a pretty good estimate. One thing that I think a lot of people don't quite understand is that NO ONE is invincible.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2007, 04:15 AM   #11
Jediphile
Persona non grata
 
Jediphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,452
Revan was more powerful than most, as per Kreia's comments, but that - of course - spoke only to his potential. Revan is much like Anakin in that regard, because it's unclear whether they ever reached their potential.

I don't see Revan as most powerful jedi ever, though he was probably one of the most gifted in his time, and maybe the one with the most potential. Revan was powerful, sure, but you can say the same about lots of jedi. The major difference between Revan and the others, however, is that Revan is YOUR character... And when people talk about how he (or the exile for that matter) are the greatest ever, I'm always uncertain about whether they are talking about the characters as part of the universe, or about them as extension of their own ill-hidden narcissistic fantasies. Not because I see people as particularly self-absorbed, but Revan does have the ability to pull that out more than most characters because he did have significant powers, but also due to his background. Ask yourself this - did you say to yourself "Wow, my character was the Dark Lord of the Sith" or did you say "Wow, I was the Dark Lord of the Sith"?


"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built" - Kreia

Visit my KotOR blog at Deadly Forums.
Jediphile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2007, 08:17 AM   #12
Darth Chronus
Rookie
 
Darth Chronus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
And when people talk about how he (or the exile for that matter) are the greatest ever, I'm always uncertain about whether they are talking about the characters as part of the universe, or about them as extension of their own ill-hidden narcissistic fantasies.
That's the truth sadly.

If Revan was not your own character, and was just the Sith Lord that died by Malak's betrayal and nothing more, I'm quite sure most people would say about him ''he has cool robes but Malak is way more powerful''.


...let the hate flow through you
Darth Chronus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2007, 02:49 AM   #13
Clone L68362
Forumite
 
Clone L68362's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Totally lost
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jediphile
I don't see Revan as most powerful jedi ever, though he was probably one of the most gifted in his time, and maybe the one with the most potential. Revan was powerful, sure, but you can say the same about lots of jedi. The major difference between Revan and the others, however, is that Revan is YOUR character... And when people talk about how he (or the exile for that matter) are the greatest ever, I'm always uncertain about whether they are talking about the characters as part of the universe, or about them as extension of their own ill-hidden narcissistic fantasies. Not because I see people as particularly self-absorbed, but Revan does have the ability to pull that out more than most characters because he did have significant powers, but also due to his background. Ask yourself this - did you say to yourself "Wow, my character was the Dark Lord of the Sith" or did you say "Wow, I was the Dark Lord of the Sith"?
This is how I look at it...after I plowed through the Star Forge's Sith hordes, I felt badass...and ever since then, I've always viewed Revan as that unstoppable badass.


My sig is stupid.
Clone L68362 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2007, 02:58 PM   #14
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,192
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
well with Revan, you've got the story that is told throughout the 2 games from other peoples POV, and the possible outcomes of your save game, and theres not much other info on him apart from the odd summery like in the NEC. He definitely achieved power, but its hard to tell....
He doesn't compare to Sidious in force power or guile...
He was much wiser than Anakin, but nowhere near the force potential...
He's definitely top 10 of all time


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #15
Rev7
I'm a Mage
 
Rev7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,208
Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Top 10 indeed...

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2007, 01:40 AM   #16
Titanius Anglesmith
Kingslayer
 
Titanius Anglesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,459
Quite powerful? Sure.

One of the most powerful ever? Nope.

His actual Force abilities have never struck me as unique or more powerful than others. It's his tactics and personality that make him what he is.


Titanius Anglesmith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2007, 03:41 AM   #17
Sephira
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ivalice
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheabyss
Revan has always been my favirote character in Star Wars and I've always stuck to my belief that he was one of the most powerfull Force Users in Star Wars history.


Im curious as too how other people view Revan's Force Power/Potential.

I've always considered him to be about as powerfull as Dath Vader...
Revan is stronger than vader, slightly though.

He is definately top 10 or even top 5
Sephira is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #18
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,345
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephira
Revan is stronger than vader, slightly though.
Based on what?

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #19
Sephira
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ivalice
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Based on what?
Well the feats he accomplished, feeding on malachors dark side energies when it crushed kreia. Defeating malak when he was empowered on the star forge, note that malak was able to keep replenishing his energies and keep on fighting,

We also have the facts that the SF defences, droids and dark jedis were unable to stop him.

He also has vasts knowledge of the force surpassing an entire academys archives according to path of destruction.

For the force he is stronger than vader but in terms of pure lightsaber dueling abilities,id give it to vader in my opinion.

IN his holocron which bane studied also depicted him being able to create major force storms(weather) which can sort of cause massive damage over a certein area
Sephira is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2007, 11:13 PM   #20
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephira
Well the feats he accomplished, feeding on malachors dark side energies when it crushed kreia. Defeating malak when he was empowered on the star forge, note that malak was able to keep replenishing his energies and keep on fighting,

We also have the facts that the SF defences, droids and dark jedis were unable to stop him.

He also has vasts knowledge of the force surpassing an entire academys archives according to path of destruction.

For the force he is stronger than vader but in terms of pure lightsaber dueling abilities,id give it to vader in my opinion.

IN his holocron which bane studied also depicted him being able to create major force storms(weather) which can sort of cause massive damage over a certein area
But the thing is, how is that a direct proof of him being stronger than Vader. Both were four thousand years apart, in completely different situations and completely different environments. Perhaps Vader would have been able to do everything Revan did, and better - or vice versa.


Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2007, 03:16 PM   #21
Sephira
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ivalice
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
But the thing is, how is that a direct proof of him being stronger than Vader. Both were four thousand years apart, in completely different situations and completely different environments. Perhaps Vader would have been able to do everything Revan did, and better - or vice versa.
Force wise, it was stated in path of destruction that revan had more knowledge of the force than an entire jedi archives, that speaks greatly for his power.

Im not argueing revan is superior to vader by miles, i am led to believe in terms of strength in the force, both are equals but when it comes to knowledge i believe revan has more

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
In reality, anyone who features in EP I-VI are faster, stronger, better, more Powerful etc than any EU character or EU version of a movie Character, Regardless of what they do or achieve, or appear to do or achieve... Thats the nature of G-canon vs C canon.
Not a good way to put it, how is ROTJ luke a weakling at that time be stronger than his NJO incarnation who could pull star destroyer engines apart like nothing?
Doesn't make sense, The EU is also where we see vaders and sidious tremendous powers

Side note:
As for dueling speeds leland chee stated EU speeds do not contradict movie speeds at all
Sephira is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2007, 04:20 PM   #22
Jvstice
Junior Member
 
Jvstice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
But the thing is, how is that a direct proof of him being stronger than Vader. Both were four thousand years apart, in completely different situations and completely different environments. Perhaps Vader would have been able to do everything Revan did, and better - or vice versa.
Exactly! That's why I never claimed that what Revan excelled in was power alone, but also the power of his mind. I believe everyone from his time's claims that he was powerful in teh force, but I think the thing to put more weight on is his charisma, forethought, and willingness to make sacrifices to achieve a goal.
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #23
Q
The one who knocks
 
Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ABQ
Posts: 6,643
Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
I must be the only one that rates Revan's power as close to that of Palpy or Yoda. You don't see this power in the game because he is in the process of relearning how to use it, but it's there.


"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #24
Sephira
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ivalice
Posts: 76
He is close to palpatine as of ROTS in terms of power but he is very far off from dark empire sidious.

In terms of greatness id say revan is number 2 or 3
Sephira is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2007, 07:23 AM   #25
Ztalker
Saving the world casually
 
Ztalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Normandy SR-2
Posts: 2,780
Forum Veteran 
*put's on Scouter*

"Revan's midi-chlorian level...It's over NINE THOUSAAAAND!"

Those things don't mean a thing. Obi-Wan didn't have a particularry high count. He was even on the edge of being kicked out of the order when he was about to turn 13, right? He still pwned Anakin on Mustafar though.

imo, it's just an indication of potential. Like in soccer (or any other random sports). Scouts go to some exotic country, and see kids play soccer. One of the kids can already do all the moves from tv, has the condition of a running horse, and a professional way of thinking. In many ways, he could be a great soccer player.
On the other hand, there's the kid that can't do all the fancy moves. He isn't fast. But his tackles and brute mentallity DO stop the first mentioned kid. He has none of the skills the first kid has, but still manages.

And that's how it goes with that stupid Midi Chlorians as well.

Dang...I talk to much.


@Topic:
Revan is powerfull, okay. But I think he has maxed out his potential too. The Masters said he was interested in teaching when he was young. I think he just maxed out what he was destined to do. He was slightly stronger then Malak in his Sith time, and could just best him as Jedi.

Ztalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2007, 08:59 AM   #26
Lance Monance
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 199
There is just no way to objectively "measure" Revan's power and compare it with other Jedi and Sith.

What we know is:
- Kotor and TSL convey Revan as an extraordinarily gifted individual.
- Revan is the individual with the greatest impact on the galaxy in the Kotor era

It's safe to assume Revan is very powerful.
Lance Monance is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #27
noizer
Rookie
 
noizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Monance View Post
There is just no way to objectively "measure" Revan's power and compare it with other Jedi and Sith.

What we know is:
- Kotor and TSL convey Revan as an extraordinarily gifted individual.
- Revan is the individual with the greatest impact on the galaxy in the Kotor era

It's safe to assume Revan is very powerful.

right on the button there


.......
noizer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2007, 10:56 AM   #28
Sephira
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ivalice
Posts: 76
The thing is midi chlorians are real according to lucas, He also stated anakin had the highest potential and had the potential to be the most powerful force user ever due to his midi count but he didnt achieve that because of mustafar.

As for revans powers and feats, ill list them down if requested, In my opinion revan is either the 2nd most powerful sith lord behind sidious and on par with exar kun
Sephira is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2007, 01:17 PM   #29
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,192
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
In reality, anyone who features in EP I-VI are faster, stronger, better, more Powerful etc than any EU character or EU version of a movie Character, Regardless of what they do or achieve, or appear to do or achieve... Thats the nature of G-canon vs C canon.

I'd roughly list the top 10 as...

Darth Sidious
Yoda
Luke Skywalker
Anakin/Vader
Revan
Jacen Solo
Mace Windu
Darth Tyranus
Malak
Obi-wan Kenobi

Obviously theres hundreds of Sith and Jedi, but a lot will be around the same level...


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #30
bane's fist
Lurker
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3
my top 10 sith would be...

Darth sidious
Darth vader
Darth bane
darth plagues
darth revan
count dooku
darth maul
darth rage
darth imperius
exar kun
bane's fist is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #31
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,192
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bane's fist View Post
my top 10 sith would be...

<snip>
darth rage
darth imperius
They don't exist, they are creations of the one who can't be named... (supershadow... ssh)

@ Lance: QFT


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #32
Fiestainabox
Junior Member
 
Fiestainabox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Spawn Camping
Posts: 257
Current Game: Borderlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
In reality, anyone who features in EP I-VI are faster, stronger, better, more Powerful etc than any EU character or EU version of a movie Character, Regardless of what they do or achieve, or appear to do or achieve... Thats the nature of G-canon vs C canon.

I'd roughly list the top 10 as...

Darth Sidious
Yoda
Luke Skywalker
Anakin/Vader
Revan
Jacen Solo
Mace Windu
Darth Tyranus
Malak
Obi-wan Kenobi

Obviously theres hundreds of Sith and Jedi, but a lot will be around the same level...
I agree with this list, only slightly different:

Darth Sidious
Yoda
Anakin/Vader
Luke Skywalker [ROTJ]
Revan
Mace Windu
Jacen Solo
Kyp Durron
Obi-wan Kenobi
Malak

I'd put Vader of Luke in ROTJ, frankly, because it seems about right. However, at the time when Luke took out Shimra I'd say him and his father were about even.

I moved Jacen down mainly because he definitely isn't as powerful as Windu. Maybe in alternative uses of the force, but not in combat.

Obi-Wan over Malak mainly because he could take out the #3 most powerful Jedi in his prime.

And Dooku? Come on, Kyp could take him out in a second.

But I agree with what was said earlier, this argument comes up way to awesome with the "Reven vs. x" threads.

Also, with that "Reven Was good With Foresight" stuff, if that's so true, how did Malak manage to blindside him so easily?


HideTheWeapons [K1][TSL]|Last Stand[K1]|Camera Angles[TSL]
Fallout: Less Useless Gifts[Nexus]|Named Wasteland[Nexus]
Fiestainabox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #33
Darth Hord
Rookie
 
Darth Hord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 87
Im probably going to hate myself for replying later on but there is points that I disagree with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestainabox View Post
I agree with this list, only slightly different:

Darth Sidious
Yoda
Anakin/Vader
Luke Skywalker [ROTJ]
Revan
Mace Windu
Jacen Solo
Kyp Durron
Obi-wan Kenobi
Malak

I'd put Vader of Luke in ROTJ, frankly, because it seems about right. However, at the time when Luke took out Shimra I'd say him and his father were about even.
ROTJ Luke is far from being on this list imo. He has barely any training whatsoever compared to others that would be on this list,his "defeat" of Vader did have some circumstances around it. DE Luke and beyond imo is one of the most powerful jedi ever(the time he surpassed Yoda could vary since authors seem write luke differently) but by LOTF i dont think anyone could take him 1v1.

Quote:
I moved Jacen down mainly because he definitely isn't as powerful as Windu. Maybe in alternative uses of the force, but not in combat.
I disagree here by LOTF Jacen/Caedus is a beast Some of his powers that he could use in one on one combat (both directly and indirectly) are force lightning(even with one arm),shatterpoint, he can create illusions,tk and force speed (he was described to move as a blur vs luke in inferno),force "stun/paralyze",hiding in the force especially if the terrain allows you to lose track of your opponent (ex. ESB), he can apparently sever one's connection to the force, he can also play mindtricks and put commands into people's head(even force users like he did to aurra sing), and all of this is not even taking into account his experience,strategy in battle, his remarkable tolerance for pain and use of unarmed combat.

Quote:
Obi-Wan over Malak mainly because he could take out the #3 most powerful Jedi in his prime.
While Obiwan is certainly one of the best swordsman(the best at soresu imo) in sw, i dont think his "strength" in the force is enough to handle people like Bane,Caedus,Marek,,Dooku(look what happened to him in ROTS),Kyp,etc. When looking at his victory over Pre Suit Vader/Anakin, you have to take into the following factors: terrain certainly played a role, the fact that he and Anakin knew each others style inside and out and that Anakin wasn't exactly rational in that duel. I'm not trying to take away from his victory because based on their actions, he deserved the win and Anakin deserved to lose but I simply dont have faith in his force abilites.

I would hesitate to put Anakin Skywalker (his "peak" before he became Vader was ROTS) on that list for the same reason as Obiwan because while unlike Obiwan he has A LOT of raw power he hasn't mastered it yet which would hurt him too vs powerful force users.

My personal list(in no particular order) of the most powerful jedi/sith users(lightsaber skill and "power" in the force and when making this type of list,you also have to also take into account noncombat use of the force as well) would include

Sidious
Luke
Bane
Nihilus
Caedus/Jacen
Yoda
Mace
Kyp
Exar Kun
Kyle Katarn
Vader
Marek

My list could change, i left out most of the kotor characters(Revan in particular) save for Nihilus because they dont have the feats that we can accurately look at since most of them are based on gameplay. If more information was out there my list would/might include,Ragnos,Nadd and maybe other ancient sith and jedi.
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #34
Fiestainabox
Junior Member
 
Fiestainabox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Spawn Camping
Posts: 257
Current Game: Borderlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hord View Post
ROTJ Luke is far from being on this list imo. He has barely any training whatsoever compared to others that would be on this list,his "defeat" of Vader did have some circumstances around it. DE Luke and beyond imo is one of the most powerful jedi ever(the time he surpassed Yoda could vary since authors seem write luke differently) but by LOTF i dont think anyone could take him 1v1.
Actually, that makes a lot of sense, I'd have to say I agree with that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hord View Post
I disagree here by LOTF Jacen/Caedus is a beast Some of his powers that he could use in one on one combat (both directly and indirectly) are force lightning(even with one arm),shatterpoint, he can create illusions,tk and force speed (he was described to move as a blur vs luke in inferno),force "stun/paralyze",hiding in the force especially if the terrain allows you to lose track of your opponent (ex. ESB), he can apparently sever one's connection to the force, he can also play mindtricks and put commands into people's head(even force users like he did to aurra sing), and all of this is not even taking into account his experience,strategy in battle, his remarkable tolerance for pain and use of unarmed combat.
I still have to say I disagree, Caedus wasn't really much of a fighter in the first place, he barely beat Mara, and only did it because he pulled a "cheap shot" through the force.

He's powerful yes, but he's definitely not as good as "Take-an-entire-army-of-droids-out-and-smash-there-big-smasher-thing-all-without-saying-a-word-or-breaking-a-sweat Windu"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hord View Post
While Obiwan is certainly one of the best swordsman(the best at soresu imo) in sw, i dont think his "strength" in the force is enough to handle people like Bane,Caedus,Marek,,Dooku(look what happened to him in ROTS),Kyp,etc. When looking at his victory over Pre Suit Vader/Anakin, you have to take into the following factors: terrain certainly played a role, the fact that he and Anakin knew each others style inside and out and that Anakin wasn't exactly rational in that duel. I'm not trying to take away from his victory because based on their actions, he deserved the win and Anakin deserved to lose but I simply dont have faith in his force abilites.
I Agreed that Vader wasn't tottally rational, but he's packed full of Emotion (Similar to Caedus vs. Mara), which is pretty much one of the key parts of being a Sith. That would have granted him tonnes of power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hord View Post
Nihilus
I totally forgot about him, he's definitely on that list, someone who can hold together an entire ship with his hate would have to be a pretty powerful guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Hord View Post
Marek
I know his sounds weird, but I feel TFU seriously over-exaggerated his powers, like yeah, he's was super powerful, but so was Sidous, and he wasn't running around throwing force pushes like pies.

I wouldn't count him as being powerful, mainly because he wasn't powerful because he was, well, powerful, but because the TFU Development team needed him to be.


HideTheWeapons [K1][TSL]|Last Stand[K1]|Camera Angles[TSL]
Fallout: Less Useless Gifts[Nexus]|Named Wasteland[Nexus]
Fiestainabox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2009, 09:22 PM   #35
Darth Hord
Rookie
 
Darth Hord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiestainabox View Post
I still have to say I disagree, Caedus wasn't really much of a fighter in the first place, he barely beat Mara, and only did it because he pulled a "cheap shot" through the force.
It's been a while since I read Sacrifice but

We also have to take into account that Mara A) chose the location of the fight, which allowed to her have initial sneak attack, create traps(with the the plate so she would know when he getting close to her) When looking at the setting you would have to take into account that it was narrow so it made it hard for him to use his saber, while Mara was armed with a blaster,shoto and vibroblades. It was more of a brawl then a duel. Mara was better prepared for that fight, the wookieepedia page of the fight is pretty decent.

Mara also admits that his powers are beyond hers. His duels with LOTF Luke,Katarn and the other jedi in the ambush even his two with Jaina (in which she numerous advantages both times) show he is a force to be reckoned with imo.

Quote:
He's powerful yes, but he's definitely not as good as "Take-an-entire-army-of-droids-out-and-smash-there-big-smasher-thing-all-without-saying-a-word-or-breaking-a-sweat Windu"
Meh, I'm cautious when looking at the original CW cartoon since everyone is overpowered, plus in that particular battle with the army of droids there is a scene when Mace is surrounded by super battle droids and only the ones in front of him fire yet the ones in the back just stand there and don't do anything. But Windu was definitely badass in the shatterpoint novel.

I'm just not sure if he has enough since one of his 2 main advantages-shatterpoint is negated since Caedus possesses the same ability. Mace's real advantage is Vapaad. But Caedus can take more wounds/pain then any force user (save Sion) and continue to fight so imo a saber duel could go either way but I'd might lean toward Mace ever so slightly due to Vapaad. A strict force battle, i'd give to Caedus.

To me this is one those ABC situations where Mace has the advantage over a darksider but if Caedus were to face another lightsider more powerful them Mace,I would think he would fair better then Windu.

Quote:
I totally forgot about him, he's definitely on that list, someone who can hold together an entire ship with his hate would have to be a pretty powerful guy.
Don't forget what he single-handedly wiped out all life on a planet save Visas.



On topic: Revan is certainly very powerful who appears to have a broad knowledge and has access to techniques that other force users particularly jedi might not be familiar with. The only problem I have with putting in a top 5 or 10 list is that lot his combat feats are gameplay related so its hard to judge them and the one's that we do know from his DLOTS reign and beforehand are described in great detail.

EDIT:
Quote:
I know his sounds weird, but I feel TFU seriously over-exaggerated his powers, like yeah, he's was super powerful, but so was Sidous, and he wasn't running around throwing force pushes like pies.

I wouldn't count him as being powerful, mainly because he wasn't powerful because he was, well, powerful, but because the TFU Development team needed him to be.
I would judge him by the novel not the game though I really can't say much since I havent read it yet but I know it was made clear in the sw databank that:
As Juno rescued the Senators, Starkiller confronted the Sith Lords who had been manipulating him for years. Lightsabers clashed inside the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious.

So while he was over powered which he have to accept they did put limits on it in the novel which some Revan fanboys dont have since Revan=god of kotor. and Marek ends up dead.

Last edited by Darth Hord; 04-06-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Darth Hord is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2007, 03:18 AM   #36
Jvstice
Junior Member
 
Jvstice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 382
Lucas himself revised the films, so which version do you claim is inerrant?
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2007, 04:17 AM   #37
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,192
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvstice
Lucas himself revised the films, so which version do you claim is inerrant?
No, your not getting my point, I'm not talking about added film content or altered storyline's, I'm talking about how, in the comics, books and games, characters George Lucas has stated are not as powerful as Anakin, can far out do him in strength, speed, force use etc, and how we need to separate these characters and stories as secondary.
Don't get me wrong, I watch, read and play as much EU as I can get my hands on, but when Lucas says "Palpatine is the most powerful force user ever" and "Anakin would of been twice as powerful as the Emperor". you can't argue with that... Even though the books and what not seem to contradict this.


adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #38
Jvstice
Junior Member
 
Jvstice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 382
I always believe the story over the story teller when the story teller says something that is not actually part of the story they are telling when they contradict. Lucas made these things canon therefore events speak for themselves and things that do not occur as events are mere opinion.
Jvstice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #39
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith
 
adamqd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,192
Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I think I get what your saying, and, you can believe what you want, and discount what you want, but your opinion doesn't change anything... there is more than just canon and non canon, George gives the writers and artist's license to deviate to a certain extent.... but how much deviation denotes what level of canon it is,
eg: The Force unleashed, the secret apprentice uses force powers far beyond anything seen in the films, and surely you agree that an apprentice can't be more powerful than Sidious? so we take that with a pinch of salt..
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon



Last edited by adamqd; 11-01-2007 at 01:14 PM.
adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2007, 03:48 PM   #40
Sephira
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ivalice
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd
I think I get what your saying, and, you can believe what you want, and discount what you want, but your opinion doesn't change anything... there is more than just canon and non canon, George gives the writers and artist's license to deviate to a certain extent.... but how much deviation denotes what level of canon it is,
eg: The Force unleashed, the secret apprentice uses force powers far beyond anything seen in the films, and surely you agree that an apprentice can't be more powerful than Sidious? so we take that with a pinch of salt..
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon
Lol that was gameplay mechanics, so it isnt canon, In gameplay EAW sidious and vader can destroy buildings like nothing, crush military tanks the size of ATAT and effortlessly kill 100 rebel troopers
Sephira is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Republic Newsfeed > How Powerful was Revan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.