lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: JK Enhanced and Rbots question
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-13-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
Yodafone
Rookie
 
Yodafone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12
Question JK Enhanced and Rbots question

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask you this, since I don't know how to fix the problem.

1.) When I play JK Enhanced (Through Patch Commander 4.0), and I try to create a character for Multiplayer - all the skins look totally deranged. They shine in different scanline colors and stuff. But when I play with them in Multiplayer - they look quite good. Although not as well defined as in the screenshots as seen in JK Enhanced screenies.

I have installed the latest unoffical patch for JK. What are the problems? How can I fix them? (I play the game in compatibility mode - Win 95)



2.) When I play with Rbots - they play Capture the Flag VERY lousy. In fact- they never score at all. Also, the difficulty settings are not working at all. There is no distinction between "Newbie" and "Inhuman" skill levels. What's wrong?

Hope to hear from you guys soon
Best wishes!
Yodafone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2008, 06:34 PM   #2
JKLE_Cougar
Junior Member
 
JKLE_Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodafone
Hey guys,

I wanted to ask you this, since I don't know how to fix the problem.

1.) When I play JK Enhanced (Through Patch Commander 4.0), and I try to create a character for Multiplayer - all the skins look totally deranged. They shine in different scanline colors and stuff. But when I play with them in Multiplayer - they look quite good. Although not as well defined as in the screenshots as seen in JK Enhanced screenies.

I have installed the latest unoffical patch for JK. What are the problems? How can I fix them? (I play the game in compatibility mode - Win 95)



2.) When I play with Rbots - they play Capture the Flag VERY lousy. In fact- they never score at all. Also, the difficulty settings are not working at all. There is no distinction between "Newbie" and "Inhuman" skill levels. What's wrong?

Hope to hear from you guys soon
Best wishes!

1) there is no way to fix this problem since the menu is in 256 colors and the models are in 16-bit colors....

2) play online! there is a good sized community over at IGZ and a room where people chat and such


JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2008, 04:43 AM   #3
Yodafone
Rookie
 
Yodafone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLE_Cougar
1) there is no way to fix this problem since the menu is in 256 colors and the models are in 16-bit colors....

2) play online! there is a good sized community over at IGZ and a room where people chat and such
Allright - but emmmn... do you know about this thing? I get problems when playing Single Player (which I LOVE to do). At level 10 - ALL textures get messed up totally. And if I begin a new game, pass level 1 - the game crashes. Do you know anything about that?

I got the latest unoffical patch and a top notch computer.
Yodafone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
Hyde_
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 27
Do you have JK's 3D Acceleration option on? (under options > display)


JAS_Hyde
Jedi Against Sith (JAS) - An active JK clan
http://jas.iforumer.com/index.php
Hyde_ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #5
Yodafone
Rookie
 
Yodafone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde_
Do you have JK's 3D Acceleration option on? (under options > display)
Yes I do.
Yodafone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
JKLE_Cougar
Junior Member
 
JKLE_Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 285
did you install the unoffical patch off www.jkhub.net
?

if not install that patch sometimes people have to install it twice for what ever reason that is unknown


JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
Yodafone
Rookie
 
Yodafone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLE_Cougar
did you install the unoffical patch off www.jkhub.net
?

if not install that patch sometimes people have to install it twice for what ever reason that is unknown
Hmmm - allright. But I had already the latest patch. Guess I am gonna try to re-patch it. Hope it works. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know what happens.


UPDATE: I did it now. And... now I can't even play JK anymore. It says it's not a valid Win32 application.

Last edited by Yodafone; 01-14-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Yodafone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #8
JKLE_Cougar
Junior Member
 
JKLE_Cougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 285
oh... hmmmm interesting... and this is when you want to play JKE?

if so check this out

http://jkhub.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1193


JKLE one of the last active JK and MotS clans out there jkle.jkdf2.net
Legends return one last time
JKLE_Cougar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
Kurgan
Headhunter
 
Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: The Dawn of Time
Posts: 18,322
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
The problems you describe are known limitations of those mods (at least in their present form as of this writing), sorry.


Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)


"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Knight / MotS > JK Enhanced and Rbots question

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.