lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: [Spoilers] Help!, Griff doesn't appear bug!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-18-2008, 05:32 AM   #1
HaveFallen
Rookie

[Spoilers] Help!, Griff doesn't appear bug!!!

Ok, so I got the Lena message for Mission Vao on Dantooine, so I head for Tatooine (which I already completed and so I opened all the doors on the Sand People's Enclave), and now, I am stuck because Griff doesn't appear. Is there any way to fix this? Is there a patch or fix I can get for this??

I want to use the save game editor but that doesn't clear Mission's talk options and stuff, and I want everything finished.

Please help, thanks in advanced.
HaveFallen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Well, you'll know next time you'll wait until you get Lena before you do Tatooine.

You may have to mess with some of the globals to make it work in KSE, but other than that, I don't know how else to fix your problem.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
jedielf16
Lurker

Thumbs up full walktrhough

i have an extensive walkthrough if any one wants it just send me a message
jedielf16 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
xX JonthE Xx
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedielf16 View Post
i have an extensive walkthrough if any one wants it just send me a message
Um any help on this?
xX JonthE Xx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
DarthRevan243
Banned

Have you asked the Czeka Rep in the offices on Tatooine? If not then thats your problem.
DarthRevan243 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveFallen
Ok, so I got the Lena message for Mission Vao on Dantooine, so I head for Tatooine (which I already completed and so I opened all the doors on the Sand People's Enclave), and now, I am stuck because Griff doesn't appear. Is there any way to fix this? Is there a patch or fix I can get for this??

I want to use the save game editor but that doesn't clear Mission's talk options and stuff, and I want everything finished.

Please help, thanks in advanced.
Its not so much a bug, as the fact you have completed the Planet...

This maybe helpeful;http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarsk...dockingbay.php

But as Shem says the only way to actually be able to complete this without having to go back to a Pre-tatooine save is KSE which you can download here; http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...age_Only;68852
Be sure to review the readme

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #7
Wedge Suron
Grey Jedi Lord

Current Game: many
It's not a bug, I've been back after completing the planet and found him. It's got to be the Czerka rep, ask her about Griff. He's supposed to be opposite where the Jawas were.

A nice song, fits them perfectly.
The Mandalorians - The Chosen Ones
Wedge Suron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-13-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
It's not technically a bug, but if you don't talk to your party members or take them off the Ebon Hawk often enough, then certain quests won't trigger. That's annoying in some respects, but on the other hand, it allows greater variety when you replay the game--you'll see something new with every playthrough.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Jae Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
Greyside
Lurker

I am having the same issue as well and it is in fact a bug. I loaded three save files:

One was my current file where the planet was completed. I went to Dantooine to trigger Lena. I then went to Tatooine and talked to the Chzerka(SP?) chick and FPed her to tell me about Griff and the Sand People. I then went to the sand people to set him free, I did, but he was not there at all.

Second save file I loaded was one where I JUST killed the Kraat for the pearl. I returned to Dantooine, did the same above, and Griff was NOT there still.

Third one I loaded was one where I already talked to the Sand People agreeing to give them the water device. I went back to Dantooine (did the same thing in the first save), got the water device, and then asked for Griff. I went, opened the door, and Griff was there.

The difference? The first two saves that I loaded, I had already opened the door to where Griff was being held captive before starting the Griff Quest line. If at anytime you open that door PRIOR to talking to the Sand People asking to set him free, he will never show up. You need to make sure the door stays shut until the Sand People agree to set him free.

Well, they dont' say they will set him free, but you do get the line where they can't stand him, and we are able to let him out freely.

All these saves were made and loaded with V1.03 (I update all my games before I start playing).

I just can't figure out where in the Save Editor to trigger this so I can complete it.
Greyside is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

It happens if you already opened said Griff door. If you didn't, he will be there even if you visit the planet again. If you did, not. That easy.

I hope K1R puts in a fix. Not sure how the spawning is handled, but if it has to do with the door re-add the door if the quest is active? (of course, KSE can't do that).
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > [Spoilers] Help!, Griff doesn't appear bug!!!