lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Juhani vs. Visas Marr
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-25-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
luckyariot
Rookie

Juhani vs. Visas Marr

Okay, I've seen a bunch of these vs. threads, and that got me (and my brother) wondering who would win in a fight of Juhani vs. Visas. Because we can't decide, I chose to post this and watch the fists fly.

Scenario 1: Basic Sparring. No force powers.

Scenario 2: "You're in my way". (My brother thought of this) What if the (M)Exile and (F)Revan were in trouble, and to rescue them, Visas and Juhani had to fight to save one or the other. Heh, high stakes.

Scenario 3: Force Battle. Just force techniques. Light and dark.

Scenario 4: Hand-to-Hand combat. No weapons or force-powers. (Not Echani style, sorry guys )

Scenario 5: All-out-battle. Just use whatever you can to defeat the enemy.

I'll post my opinions when some people have posted theirs. Let the battle begin!
luckyariot is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
Giant Graffiti
Custom User Title

1. Lightsabers? If so my guess is Juhani.

2. Most likely Visas.

3. I can't really say on this one.

4. Juhani, again.

5. Probably Visas.
Giant Graffiti is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Δepends on how the player develops their stats as the game goes on, since no canonical measurement of their abilities is given. I see no fair way to decide the outcome of any of these [hypothetical scenarios].

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
luckyariot
Rookie

Yeah, TKA, I know. But I just wanted some opinions outside of game stats.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
Robondacob
Rookie

Scenario 1: Juhani

Scenario 2: Juhani because Visas would kill herself for some strange reason.

Scenario 3: Visas.

Scenario 4: Juhani

Scenario 5: Visas.
Robondacob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #6
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

1. Juhani

2. Visas - given the great need she seems to have for the male exile I would think Visas would do anything to save him, where as Juhani...while she likes Revan...well she's not as crazy about Revan as Visas is for the Exile.

3. Visas - Juhani is a guardian and therefore more saber oriented were es Visas is a sentinel, in the middle.

4. Juhani hands down. Physically Visas is not very strong were as Juhani being a Cathar is far stronger than a Miraluka girl. Cathar are known as great physical warriors.

5. Could go either way...I guess Juhani because she is more agressive... but then again if Visas got a force power in...hmmm. Well if you give them their actual game stats both at level 6 (their starting level before you ever level them up) Juhani would win. But theorhetically...I can't say.

Viva La Resistance!
HIGH ON PIE 14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #7
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
1. I have to go with Juhani with this one.

2. Visas

3. Visas

4. Juhani

5. I will have to go with Visas.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #8
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Yeah, TKA, I know. But I just wanted some opinions outside of game stats.
I understand that. My point was that game stats is the only way to gaugε their capabilities.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

Old 06-25-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
The Source
Rest In Peace

Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyariot View Post
Scenario 1: Basic Sparring. No force powers.
Juhani.

Quote:
Scenario 2: "You're in my way". (My brother thought of this) What if the (M)Exile and (F)Revan were in trouble, and to rescue them, Visas and Juhani had to fight to save one or the other. Heh, high stakes.
No Contest.

Quote:
Scenario 3: Force Battle. Just force techniques. Light and dark.
Visas.

Quote:
Scenario 4: Hand-to-Hand combat. No weapons or force-powers. (Not Echani style, sorry guys )
Juhani.

Quote:
Scenario 5: All-out-battle. Just use whatever you can to defeat the enemy.
Juhani.

R.I.P. to 'The Source' and 'MacCorp'
2004-2008
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
luckyariot
Rookie

By the way you guys, in the directions I forgot to state to tell your reasons why.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:47 AM   #11
Gothic90
Rookie

1. Juhani. If all force powers are disabled, that means Visas cannot use Force Sight, which means she is REAL BLIND.

2. Visas. She can do anything for the exile; while Juhani only "cares for" Revan.

3. Visas.

4. Juhani. Aside from the reasons said in 1, JUHANI HAS CLAWS THAT CAN TEAR THROUGH ANYTHING.

5. Visas.
Gothic90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #12
TheExile

1. Juhani- more aggressive, superior strength.
2. Visas! Obvious reasons
3. Visas
4. Juhani- superior strength
5. Visas

Overall: Visas beats. She is mild in strength , but performs well in all other matters. Juhani scores high in strength, but mild in rest.

*Note: Chapter 8 is out!*
[Fic] The war of the ancients, seen through the eyes of one young men, as he walks the road of destiny... The Triumvirates War

TheExile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #13
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
1. Juhani- Physically superior and trained to fight.
2. Visas- willing to die for the Exile without question.
3. Visas- trained in the force very well.
4. Juhani- Physically superior.
5. Visas- Simply not bound by anything other than what must be done.

I think that Juhani is the greater fighter, but Visas has talents and drive that makes her unpredictable and more difficult to defeat.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #14
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
1. Juhani. If all force powers are disabled, that means Visas cannot use Force Sight, which means she is REAL BLIND.
But you can't just disable the force in that way, especially as she doesn't use 'force sight'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Yuthura View Post
1. Juhani- Physically superior and trained to fight.
So is Visas. How is Juhani superior, exactly? I would have thought that being raised as a Sith would have made Visas the stronger - the way of the Sith is pain, after all, and using that pain for a better purpose.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #15
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
So is Visas. How is Juhani superior, exactly? I would have thought that being raised as a Sith would have made Visas the stronger - the way of the Sith is pain, after all, and using that pain for a better purpose.
Juhani was trained as a guardian. Visas may have been trained to use the DS, but Juhani also had a painful history. The main reason is because Juhani was trained specificly to fight and was physically stronger.
Old 07-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #16
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Juhani was trained as a guardian. Visas may have been trained to use the DS, but Juhani also had a painful history. The main reason is because Juhani was trained specificly to fight and was physically stronger.
But Visas had a far more painful history - her entire planet was destroyed, all while she felt it through the Force.

And you should appreciate that physical size and strength is irrelevant next to the power of the Force. And physical strength means little to Jedi - look at Yoda, or Vandar - they were 3ft tall, yet they were foremost in their respective era's councils.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2008, 06:57 PM   #17
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Quote:
But Visas had a far more painful history - her entire planet was destroyed, all while she felt it through the Force.

And you should appreciate that physical size and strength is irrelevant next to the power of the Force. And physical strength means little to Jedi - look at Yoda, or Vandar - they were 3ft tall, yet they were foremost in their respective era's councils.
Aren't people taking this too seriously? What does it matter what I think? If you think I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. This is quite irrelevant.

If it makes you happy, then I'll say Visas.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:59 AM   #18
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Juhani's planet didn't fare much better if you remember
Juhani and her parents were forced to abandon it to survive.. and while not feeling it through the force, I think the aftermath of her and her race's treatment, enslavement, her father's death.. her mother's tribulations and all around hate surrounding her had to be pretty painful, especially since she grew up with it throughout her childhood. Life wasn't all ponies and rainbows for her either.

Think about it. Knowing your planet exists, but you can never return*. Alot of despise and hate builds up. Something you know and love, but it's just out of your grasp. Only to be overtaken by "ruffians". Then go from that to the less than ideal life she has afterwards. Imagine the torture.

Visas life wasn't much better, but nor was Juhani's. I think the 'painful history' point is rendered mute by each others own version of pain. IMO of course

1) Juhani - she's a Guardian, it's what they do best
2) Visas - the only reason I gave it to her is because I see the Exile getting in trouble before I see Revan in such a situation
3) Visas - no contest. Juhani is strong in heart, but weak in mind.
4) Juhani - again, no contest. Visas would be ripped to shreds.
5) Toss up - as with any Jedi battle. IF Juhani strikes faster, preferably using 'Jump' out of range of Visas force techniques. Visas is toast. If Visas gets a Force Power in, Juhani might as well kiss it good-bye.

* In all fairness, I should note that planet Cathar does get re-settled/re-claimed by the Cathar, but not in Juhani's lifetime.
As far as she knows, it's a point of no return.

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-26-2008, 05:19 PM   #19
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
but Juhani also had a painful history.
How does that affect combat effectiveness?

Old 07-26-2008, 05:32 PM   #20
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
How does that affect combat effectiveness?
Anger... Drive... Determination... I believe one who has suffered through the worst life had to offer would come out stronger than one who hasn't. Of course, it's not like Visas's life was exactly comfortable either.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:02 PM   #21
Burnseyy
Forumite

I agree with DY, that Juhani's much better at melee fighting than Visas. I mean, you broke her lightsaber in half and she fainted!

Visas, on the other hand, is very determined and dedicated to exile...
force powers? well, they're all good at that. ^^

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #22
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

My impression was that Visas was greatly weakened by Nihilus an was a shadow of her former power, her sight damaged. So no, being raised by the sith didnīt really make her stronger. If I remeber right (I could be wrong here) but didnīt Nihilus puposly keep her weak so she could not challange him?

And yes I appreciate that size and physical strength are not the deciding factor. In the game I honestly found Juhani harder top beat than Visas. As a party member I also find Juhani stronger. I would think Visas has had the harder life, but it made her weaker ratyher than stronger. IMO

-HOP

Viva La Resistance!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #23
Burnseyy
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH ON PIE 14 View Post
My impression was that Visas was greatly weakened by Nihilus an was a shadow of her former power, her sight damaged. So no, being raised by the sith didnīt really make her stronger. If I remeber right (I could be wrong here) but didnīt Nihilus puposly keep her weak so she could not challange him?

And yes I appreciate that size and physical strength are not the deciding factor. In the game I honestly found Juhani harder top beat than Visas. As a party member I also find Juhani stronger. I would think Visas has had the harder life, but it made her weaker ratyher than stronger. IMO

-HOP
Words of truth!

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 PM   #24
MacTavish

1. Juhani
2. Visas, she is more loyal IMO
3. Definently Visas
4. Juhani
5. Not sure...

MacTavish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2008, 08:50 AM   #25
Salzella
areiK

Current Game: Portal, Half-Life 2.
Visas would win in every category because I like Visas and am therefore biased
Salzella is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #26
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I agree with Salzella

Ignoring my bias, I'd give Juhani the advantage in any category involving combat, with lightsaber or with no weapons.

I'd give Visas the advantage in any category involving the use of force powers, including the all out battle.

Gurges-Ahter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 05:31 AM   #27
bally3000
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect trilogy (again :3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurges-Ahter View Post
I agree with Salzella

Ignoring my bias, I'd give Juhani the advantage in any category involving combat, with lightsaber or with no weapons.

I'd give Visas the advantage in any category involving the use of force powers, including the all out battle.
Me to but visas is oone of my favourite caracters in K2 and i never really enjoyed playing juhani as much as some of the others. but i really need to buy K1 and complete iit as i have borrowed it from a friend and nearly completed it on my xbox but i have an xbox 360 now and need to start it again =/ lol

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

The rule of two -
One to embody the power,
And,
One to crave it
bally3000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 09:51 AM   #28
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Visas was my favorite party member to take along with me in K2. Once she was leveled up, she had all the force powers of Kreia.

I didn't dislike Juhani, but I only started using her when Bastila left my party and was no longer an option. I always had Jolee with me.

So yes, I definitely prefer Visas as a character, but back on topic, I'd give Juhani the edge in hand-to-hand (or saber-to-saber) combat. I'd give Visas the edge in the use of the force.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #29
bally3000
Rookie

I never liked kreia i don't know why but i just never used her apart from when i had no choice, i always seemed to prefer mira, Atton, handmaiden, Visas. but the force is sooooo... fun lol i love using stasis field and freezeing everybody but the person u use it on cause its funny =]

The Force shall free me.

The rule of two -
One to embody the power,
And,
One to crave it
Old 08-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #30
Burnseyy
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bally3000 View Post
I never liked kreia i don't know why but i just never used her apart from when i had no choice, i always seemed to prefer mira, Atton, handmaiden, Visas. but the force is sooooo... fun lol i love using stasis field and freezeing everybody but the person u use it on cause its funny =]
Eughh Visas annoyed me.
At least she was better than Kreia.

Handmaiden was quite good, (playing as a male exile) a big improvement from the Disciple.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:03 PM   #31
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnseyy View Post
Eughh Visas annoyed me.
At least she was better than Kreia.

Handmaiden was quite good, (playing as a male exile) a big improvement from the Disciple.
I liked Visas because she was a unique character and an interesting LS character. Although Brianna is more common among SW characters, the Exile had to earn her trust before she could become a jedi or fall in love. Visas simply surrendered herself w/out question... I'd love to actually see that!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:07 PM   #32
Burnseyy
Forumite

Quote:
I liked Visas because she was a unique character and an interesting LS character. Although Brianna is more common among SW characters, the Exile had to earn her trust before she could become a jedi or fall in love. Visas simply surrendered herself w/out question... I'd love to actually see that!

I think any girl would go for the first guy she saw, after living with Nihilus.

But ahhh well, Brianna beat her to him.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #33
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnseyy View Post

I think any girl would go for the first guy she saw, after living with Nihilus.

But ahhh well, Brianna beat her to him.
Talking to either one is like talking to a wall. They show some emotion and give words of wisdom, but don't give their lifestory. That's why I go for Juhani more than most K2 hawk crew. That actually enriched the Exile's past more than anyone else's.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #34
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I really liked Brianna until Visas joined my crew. Then I dropped her like a bad habit.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #35
bally3000
Rookie

haha i just used both of them but i got Visas after my first planet so i was happy.

Does anyobdy else ever find it hard to pick a crew cause i like nearly everybody in the crew and find it hard to choose who too take, with me. i started to take the people who suited the place with me, like Atton for Narr Shadaar and Visas for korriban lol=].

The Force shall free me.

The rule of two -
One to embody the power,
And,
One to crave it
Old 08-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #36
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

I find it hard (to pick a crew) at times only because I always want to bring the same people, so I think I miss out on some potential dialogue with the other characters I don't bring with me. I always prefer to bring other Jedi (or force users) with me. This time (my 2nd playthrough) I will turn all of my crew into Jedi, which I didn't do during my first time through. That should make it easier to pick other characters this time.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #37
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

I do too, at times. With K1, there is some logic in awitching party members, namely their side quests, making it reasonable to have Jolee on Manaan, or Carth on Korriban.

K2 has no real party sidequests, so I usually end up taking the same people around. I always prefered Handmaiden to Visas, and Mira is a favorite so when Iīm a male, its usually those two. In K2, I donīt care for the male party members that much: Atton was...okay at best for me, only his humor was likeable to me...Mandelore, eh liked the Candy better, and donīt even get me started on Disciple. K1 had better ones- Jolee alone owns all three of them.

I liked Bao Dur though I never really use him. If he only had more dialogue...

Actually, turning the whole crew into jedi just makes it harder to pick really. But its something you should go for every game.

-HOP

Viva La Resistance!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #38
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

Yeah, if I knew I could have turned them all Jedi during my first playthrough I would have. I will definitely do it this time around. I mostly took Kreia with me, for her force powers, and Mira for the range ability (I was melee guardian). When I got Visas leveled up I used her instead of Kreia. The others I rarely used.

I also always had Jolee with me in K1.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #39
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

My first playthrough, I only managed to turn Handmaiden. I donīt knoww how she was the only one, as Mira is way easier, but whatever.

Who have you already jedified Gurges-Ahter?

The party members make varying degrees of jedi, so I was wondering what level of jedi you are used to among them.

-HOP

Viva La Resistance!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:54 AM   #40
Gurges-Ahter
Tyler Durden

My first time through I Jedi'd no one. That's why I always used Visas and/or Kreia in my party. I later realized I had Brianna ready to Jedi, when I screwed it up by getting too close to Visas. I screwed up Mira's from the start. I never talked to or used Atton.

This time through I haven't gotten far enough to Jedi anyone, but I at least know how to do it (with the help of an influence guide).

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Juhani vs. Visas Marr