lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Monk?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-17-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
zemegauser
Rookie

Monk?

I was thinking, is it possible to play through TSL as a monk, considering the martial arts feats. No armor, no weapons, items yes. Is it possible to beat the jedi's like this?

And what would be the best build for this character, I thought maybe balance it out abit, using forcepowers, strenght, and defense attributes. I need some help with this build.
zemegauser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
You mean, like a naked Jedi Counselor? Yes, it is possible. But, it is hard. Its up there with "Fight through game with only Plasma Torch" and "Gunslinger"
A build...
I'd recommend focusing heavily on Wisdom and Dexterity, with leftover points for Constitution.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-18-2008, 11:48 PM   #3
zemegauser
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerGod View Post
You mean, like a naked Jedi Counselor? Yes, it is possible. But, it is hard. Its up there with "Fight through game with only Plasma Torch" and "Gunslinger"
A build...
I'd recommend focusing heavily on Wisdom and Dexterity, with leftover points for Constitution.
No, more like Neverwinter nights monk. A person who only uses hand to hand, armor, but focuses a lot on strength for great attacks. And then some other attributes balanced. Jedi Guardian style, just a robe and hands.
zemegauser is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-19-2008, 02:31 AM   #4
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemegauser View Post
I was thinking, is it possible to play through TSL as a monk, considering the martial arts feats. No armor, no weapons, items yes. Is it possible to beat the jedi's like this?

And what would be the best build for this character, I thought maybe balance it out abit, using forcepowers, strenght, and defense attributes. I need some help with this build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zemegauser View Post
No, more like Neverwinter nights monk. A person who only uses hand to hand, armor, but focuses a lot on strength for great attacks. And then some other attributes balanced. Jedi Guardian style, just a robe and hands.
Well, I certainly haven't played the game like that. I think that it will be a challenge for you though. I don't think that it is quite impossible though...

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
Pwnzor326
Rookie

Current Game: TES III: Morrowind
I doubt you could beat Scion and Traya with only your hands....
Pwnzor326 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
HIGH ON PIE 14
Forumite

I have never used my exile like that, but I often use the Handmaiden in a similar way. So basically an unarmed guardian with armor, just no weapons. I will certainly be a challange in certain areas but based on how well Handmaiden does unarmed I think it could be done.

Scion could be somewhat of a problem, but, Kreia is easy to beat as a guardian IMO. This sounds like an intersting build. What would be awesome is if you could use pressure point defence while unarmed, so you could stun your opponents...maybe a mod...pressure point gloves or something...

~HOP

Viva La Resistance!
HIGH ON PIE 14 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Monk?