lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: X-Wing 95 plt file question
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
Priff
Lurker

X-Wing 95 plt file question

Hello everyone and thanks for running such a good forum.

I am just about to complete the XWING95 historical missions, just the last B-Wing mission left (+Bonus missions).

I then plan to start Tour 1...but I went into tour one some time earlier and did the first 3 ops. I am not happy with the scores. I did the minimum to pass the mission rather then go all out to hang around and score maximum points.

I think the way I can fix this is edit the plt file remove the tour while retaining all my training and historical achievements.
However, on the web I can only find the specification for the XWING-DOS plt file (which is different to the 95 file)
Also, I can only find XWING-DOS plt editors, or XWING-DOS to XWING95 plt converters.

What I am after is either a specification of the XWING95 plt file, or an editor for it. Can anyone here help me?
Priff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I don't know if such an editor even exists. You can always start a new pilot if you want to try for a "Rogue" pilot record.

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2008, 04:34 AM   #3
Priff
Lurker

Thank for your reply, it forced me to have a brainwave.
I created two pilots, 1 with no TOD score and one with a TOD score.
I then compared the differences and sussed out the plt spec and got rid of my TOD stats in my main pilot.

Another question though.... I moved onto the Bonus Historical Missions and completed the first one....but got no badge. Are the Bonus Historical Missions 'for fun'? I need a badge, i'm addicted to badges.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Yeah, the Bonus Historical Missions were just for fun. They were only on the Collector's CD-ROM in the DOS versions.

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
Priff
Lurker

Thanks for the Info!

Fun Shmun though, I'm off to fill my Uniform and Case!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > X-Wing Trilogy & X-Wing Vs. TIE Fighter > X-Wing 95 plt file question