lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Top 10 Kotor & TSL mods
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
robfozzy
Rookie

Top 10 Kotor & TSL mods

jus wondering what are the top 10 kotor mods also wondering why there is not 2 sections for kotor mods and kotor 2 mods
robfozzy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
Marius Fett
Frigged if I know!

There are no set "top 10" as different people like different things.

Also, the KotOR and TSL topics are all in one place because it makes things easier for users and the moderation staff.
Marius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
robfozzy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius Fett View Post
There are no set "top 10" as different people like different things.

Also, the KotOR and TSL topics are all in one place because it makes things easier for users and the moderation staff.
I ment in some peoples opinion on whats best
Old 08-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
The Padawannabe
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfozzy View Post
I ment in some peoples opinion on whats best
Brotherhood of Shadow is, in my opinion and probably many others, the best.
The Padawannabe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
EnderWiggin
Sine Amore Nihil Est Vita

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
www.Kotorfiles.com .

I'm sure you'll be able to find some you'll like.

_EW_

Hello, Pot? This is Kettle. You're black. ~ Prime

Yes, I hate you.

J7 - thanks for accepting me as part of the 'family.'
EnderWiggin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
Originally Posted by robfozzy View Post
jus wondering what are the top 10 kotor mods also wondering why there is not 2 sections for kotor mods and kotor 2 mods
Every year we want to hear from you (everyone), and give the community a chance to 'RAWR'

http://www.starwarsknights.com/mod_week.php

Keep in mind we also have a 'Featured Mods' section that is open to everyone (bottome of page linked above). If someone likes a mod, we mean, truly truly likes a mod.. PLEASE write a review to share and we'll not only post it (the review), but with the modders' permission, we'll host the mod too

Please be thorough in your review however. "Thiz mod rawks mie wurld" won't get you posted

As for the 2 mod sections.. TUCE divides mods with their tags [TSL] or [KOTOR] preceding each release thread. Hope that helps

I've moved this thread to Padawan's Lounge and changed the title to reflect both games. While not exactly a 'problem' thread.. it fits nicely into the 'tips' section Plus, it will reduce having 2 threads in either of the other game specific forums.

Bear in mind.. this is not a "my-mod-is-better-than-your-mod" thread. If it even hints at becoming one, it will be closed. - Cz

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 08-08-2008 at 08:54 PM.
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2008, 09:30 PM   #7
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
One of my favorite mods, and one that combines many of the awesome PCGM Mods into one:
TSL Holowan Plugin
It adds all kinds of new content. Many (and I mean MANY) new heads, a workbench that lets you make items, and it has all kinds of new stuff.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
Ascendant_Justice
Rookie

Current Game: Half Life 2 pending
What kind of mods are you looking for? What do you like? I could give you a list of all the mods I have but I'll save that to see if you would even like them .

I'm on my first pc playthrough, and I've pretty much stuck to mods that enhance and restore. I'm not using mods that drastically change anything, add lots of new items, or add recruitable characters. That's why I passed up the Holowan Plugin.

If you're not restricting yourself to the kind of mods I'm using, I'd probably recommend that Holowan Plugin and the Brotherhood of Shadow. Never tried either of them, but I've read a lot of things about both.

Most larger, more complex mods use the TSL Patcher for easy installation. However, I'll go ahead and suggest downloading the KotOR Mod Manager if you haven't. It's great for if you're installing lots of mods that don't use the TSL Patcher.
Ascendant_Justice is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #9
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Current Game: KOTOR III
I favor mods that don't directly cheat, but allow the game to go a way the player chooses. For instance, the enhanced merchants make all items available for purchase, but don't just give them to you. I also prefer the Bao-Dur jedi robe mod and the mod that frees armor from force restrictions... pushing the edge, but that's not unreasonable for some armor.

The mod for unlimited credits, weapons from security station, and other things that aren't earned is too easy and not what I typically enjoy using.
Darth_Yuthura is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2008, 08:19 AM   #10
robfozzy
Rookie

well i like mods that add a lot to the game such as new items and a added storyline force powers are a huge thing for me also to be honest i like to add as much as possible even if it make the game easier i don't mind
Old 08-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #11
Burnseyy
Forumite

I love the mod that added in the cut content of Vash.
And I also like having different heads - the one I'm currently using is Yuthura Ban lol (a certain someone here might be interested in that one)
I don't have many mods, but I've seen a recruitable Dustil somewhere. That looks interesting.
I've also repainted my Ebon Hawk, so it's black and red. Much better, if you ask me!

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Burnseyy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #12
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnseyy View Post
And I also like having different heads - the one I'm currently using is Yuthura Ban lol (a certain someone here might be interested in that one)
You're right. I like that mod, except there are certain robes that Yuthura can't use. I find that a bit restricting and often don't use the mod because of it. If anyone can overcome that issue, then I would use it ALL the time.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #13
Burnseyy
Forumite

Ah, I always wore those jal shay armour robes (what ever they're called). So I never really came across came that problem.

"If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor, love is the rhythm and you are the music."

Old 08-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #14
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

I hate those armor suits. That 'skirt' at the back just seems stupid to have on armor. I prefer robes for the aesthetics, but I prefer the knight robes because I could use an upgrade underline. That's enough for me to have the high dexterity bonus.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #15
Burnseyy
Forumite

I thought they were cool.

Better than the other TLS robes anyway.
Plus, they suited Yuthura better.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #16
Darth_Yuthura
Banned

Well there's another twi'lek head that does work w/knight robes. Yuthura can use the padawan versions, but they don't have upgradability. I just like having regeneration and 3 constitution added on top of the aesthetics. I also don't want to be restricted like Bao-dur when it comes to robes... anyway that's getting off the subject.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:33 AM   #17
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
I use Schimano's Grievous mod. makes the PC look more...evil
High level force powers
and mods that add new weapons or items

SUPREME DALEK ON THE BRIDGE!
Chevron 7 locke is online now   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-28-2008, 01:40 AM   #18
Druganator

Current Game: Kotor, TSL, Fable II
can u give me a link to the grievous mod?

PM sent - Cz

There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you, and I, here, now.

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 08-28-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Druganator is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Top 10 Kotor & TSL mods