lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jedi Academy Vista 64bit
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-12-2008, 06:07 AM   #1
Zexeta
Lurker

Jedi Academy Vista 64bit

I just installed the game on my computer and when i run the game it gets to the main menu and starts this ridiculous lag. The music and video lag to the point that i cant even move the mouse. About every 10-15 seconds the game will respond to what i did for a second and the music will change then it locks up again for another 10seconds.

My computer is a
Q6600 3.2ghz
4gb Ram
9800 GX2 video card

I tried installing a older version of DX and it didnt help the situation at all, im not sure what the problem could be my computer can obviously run this game like nothing.
Zexeta is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
nizwiz
Rookie

IDK whether this will help, but try and set the affinity of the ja process to only one of your four CPU cores (via task manager or ProcessExplorer).
I have vista 64 bit on a dual core and don't have any problems running ja (even without setting affinity), but I think I've read somewhere that it might help.
nizwiz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2008, 09:46 PM   #3
Zexeta
Lurker

I tried that and it didnt work also someone said something about turning off dynamic lighting but that didnt fix it either.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:16 PM   #4
Zexeta
Lurker

any other suggestions?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Have you run it in compatibility mode?

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Technical Help > Jedi Academy Vista 64bit