lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: "Soundtrack Island" track help?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Who'sThere
Lurker

"Soundtrack Island" track help?

Out of curiosity is it possible to use the tracks from Soundtrack Island with the actual games?

For instance, the Indy FoA I have has a "monster.sou" sound file. Would I be able to use the ogg hosted at the Island with the actual game?

And what would I have to rename them?

Also of interest would be the Loom PC floppy soundtrack. Could that be used somehow with ScummVM and the floppy version?
Who'sThere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
s-island
Music man

The International House of Mojo Staff 
For Monkey Island 2 and all newer SCUMM games, iMUSE was used which makes the music change dynamically based on your actions in the game so the MIDI files can't be simply replaced with digital audio equivalents.

Loom on the other hand uses a regular, static MIDI soundtrack so replacing it using ScummVM would be possible if the developers of ScummVM added support for it. This isn't going to happen as my soundtracks aren't officially endorsed by LucasArts.
s-island is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #3
Who'sThere
Lurker

Thanks for the info.

Would you know where I could find a listing of which games used iMUSE, and which didn't? Maybe a link?
Who'sThere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
s-island
Music man

The International House of Mojo Staff 
All SCUMM games from Monkey Island 2 and newer, X-Wing, Dark Forces, TIE Fighter, X-Wing Alliance, Grim Fandango, and Escape from Monkey Island.

iMUSE ended up being used if the game just used the concept of that engine, but I believe those games were the only ones with the iMUSE logo on the box or in the credits.
s-island is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
clone2727
Rookie

Current Game: Full Throttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by s-island View Post
iMUSE ended up being used if the game just used the concept of that engine, but I believe those games were the only ones with the iMUSE logo on the box or in the credits.
Knights of the Old Republic 2 also has the logo on the case, but it seems it's just the concept.

It's Enrico Palazzo!
clone2727 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2011, 05:14 AM   #6
rachel12
Lurker

Thanks sir. I was also searching for listing of game used iMUSE. You made it easy to me. Thanks

rachel12 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Community Discussion Forums > SCUMM > "Soundtrack Island" track help?