lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Question about the Many XvT's
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-17-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Question about the Many XvT's

I seem to be collecting a variety of editions or versions of XvT.

Initially i got the original XvT sans Balance of Power, 2 CD's

Then i got the Balance of Power alone, all by itself on its own 1 CD

Now i have aquired a new variant, which was published in 2000 i think, and has XvT Master Game Disk on CD1 and Balance of Power (new CD design from the first issue of BOP) on CD2.

I am wondering if the original issue has the same content as the combined set that comes with BOP....or if the combined version may be optimized or improved....and if i should un install the first install and use the combined versoin? any advice much appreciated.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
The main difference is that the bundle containing BoP has XvT already patched (forgot the XvT version number) for improved Internet play, thereby not requiring the download of a patch. The original XvT also has a disk (which is actually labeled the "Master" disk b/c of a labeling error in the original production run) that only installs to allow a player to join a game (but not host one). Most players will install the master (labeled "Multiplayer" in the original run) disk, anyway, which is why the "Multiplayer" disk was left out of the BoP bundle.

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
ah that explains it thanks very much. I had a chance to examine the files on the original issue for a set of the 2 disks that belongs to a collegue of mine and the two looked very similar, so i was unsure even if they were duplicates...your explanation helps understand. much appreciated.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > XWA Community Center > Question about the Many XvT's