lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Jedi academy?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
Sprucemoose
Lurker

Jedi academy?

Hi, iv'e played jedi outcast off and on for the past few years and im wondering if jedi academy is any good compared to this one? is it as in depth with lightsaber fights? because that's what i find the most enjoyable
Sprucemoose is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
Forceboat

Hello Sprucemoose, welcome to LucasForums!! Well, not everyone likes the story of the game, but you might like the lightsaber fights and styles available in it. Halfway through the story, you get to choose either two lightsabers or a lightstaff (of course, there are tons of mods that can overwrite that and let you choose right away from the start). And, you can do lots of neat moves with each type of saber you have. A single saber lets you do a kata like move if you keep clicking and holding down the second mouse button; with two, you do an interesting set of moves; with a lightstaff, same thing. And you get a whole bunch of both new (in one instance, old) bad guys to fight: New Reborns and Cultists, a Twi'lek named Alora, and eventually Tavion at the end of the game.
Forceboat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 02:01 AM   #3
nizwiz
Rookie

Is your focus on sp or mp? Well, I can only comment on sp, and I for one have to say that I don't enjoy the swordplay in jasp very much; I can't pinpoint it exactly, but for me it's just not as fun as it is in jk2sp. Also, the opponents tend to spam the (for sp) new force powers rage and drain, which is kinda annyoing. That said, you should get the game at any rate, since there are sooo many great mods for ja that you simply have to experience. There's a thread in the ja forums where you can see shots of some.
nizwiz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
Ham Yoyo

Get JA. Its awesome. Then download the DF mod for JA that has the first 6 levels of DF in the JA engine.

My dream, to watch Imperial ships explode in my gunsights.
Ham Yoyo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
katanamaru

Like Nizwiz I only do SP as well, but I liked JA more than JO. I do agree that it felt different at first for some reason even though most of the single saber moves are the same. Just something a little different between the two.

I liked the new models that came with the game, the new saber styles (duals and staff), and improved lightsaber effects (dynamic glow). There is lots of things to do in JA modding that are simple to do. Like changing characters and sabers in game instead of having to deal with Kyle replacements. There is saber editing that lets you change values and moves for particular sabers; think like a role-playing game with +1 attack, or +1 defense and such.

Thing is JA is getting harder to find now days. You'll have to order it online most likely. You should be able to find it reasonably priced though.

But like Nizwiz said there are plenty of SP and MP mods that can keep you entertained for awhile. Heck Mercenary is still making his SP maps.
katanamaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-22-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
CrisG
Aging Jedi

The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
JKA is awesome, one of the best games ever made (yet)...for both the content, story and the quality of the graphics and the gameplay..and it is nice and LONG! has a great story. enjoy all the little and big details too...you will see much of the SW universe

you can get it on Amazon, i got a nice boxed set with the manual and everything there and they have a very good return policy if any thing is broken or damaged or not there, you wlll be very well taken care of.

There is no Chaos, There is Harmony.
----------------------------------------------------
Admin 3D Worlds and Game Developers Group - Linkedin - "We Build Worlds"
DF-JK DF2-DFMOTS-JKII-JKIII-KoTOR I-KoTOR II - XW-TF-XvT-BOP -XWA-Rogue Squad - Starfigher-Racer- RC-Battle for Naboo-Episode I Phantom Menace-Shadows of the Empire-BF I - BF II-EAW-EAW:FOC-Loom-Grim F-MI-MII-MIII-DOTT-IJFOA-IJLC-IJET-IJIM-Dig-Sam and Max HTR
CrisG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2009, 10:36 PM   #7
BloodCry
Lurker

from the MP view....
if you play jk2 1.02 youd hate Jka/jk3
moves like bs and dbs are useless on it
but if u play 1.04 convert to it, it has viechles strict laming rules etc etc alot of things
but you can still play both ;p

DOWNGRADE TO JK2 1.02!!!
BloodCry is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #8
$naX
Lurker

Agreed with Blood. If you like online detailed mp saber combat, don't get JKA. JK2 much better ( 1.04 :P )

But.. JKA has a pretty enjoyable single player if that's what you like.

- $naX

[edit: removed link, acdcfanbill]

Last edited by acdcfanbill; 09-10-2009 at 01:33 PM.
$naX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Jedi academy?