lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How would you mod it?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-28-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
Trench
Guy with Monocle

Current Game: DX:HR, iKotOR
LF Jester 
How would you mod it?

Depending on the capabilities that they give us to mod TFU4PC (if any), how would you mod it?
Don't think about any limits right now, just let the ideas run wild.
I would add General Grievous to the game

Trench is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2009, 04:46 AM   #2
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Current Game: Street Fighter IV
Let the ideas run wild? You asked for it
I would add Grievous too, with 4 sabers and the same Force Powers what Starkiller has. I would also add these Characters from KotOR: Nihilus,Sion,Revan,Bastilla. And Urai Fen FoC. He doesn't have a saber but with Force Powers he would be unstoppable Okay what else. (Here comes the craziest idea) I would add some kind of "NPC spawn" system like in JA It would be really fun if you could just choose a map spawn a bunch of enemies and own them

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Demongo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2009, 05:43 AM   #3
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Current Game: Real Life
- Make Vader playable for the rest of the game
- Add new hilts - lots of 'em
- Different (normal) lightsabre stances
- New sabre colours
- Increase Boss and enemy stats
- New skins/models - Roan Fel, Wilhuff Tarkin, Thrawn, etc.
- New clothing for 'Starkiller' - like an Imperial Knight uniform. And an Imperial Navy uniform. Maybe the Sith Master armour thing from KotOR.

That should do for starters!

SW01 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
I'd want to see lightsaber dismemberment implemented, if possible. Not the bloody type, but the in-universe type, i.e. seared, cauterized wounds.

I'd also like to see the fight with Kazdan Paratus resemble how it is described in the novel, if that is possible: make the Jedi Council "junk dummies" come to life and attack the player. On top of that, I would like to see Anakin Skywalker and Oni-Wan Kenobi added to the roster, as they are described as being included among the attackers that Galen must fight off in the novel.

Another thing I'd like to see would be for the fight with PROXY on Raxum Prime be rewritten so as to resemble the encounter in the novel: PROXY is possessed by the mechanized planet's collective consciousness, or the "core" as it's called. His eyes are red, his voice is deeper, and he speaks of power and destruction (I can't remember how the conversation went, but consult the book for details). I'd like for his "disguises" to include Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, as we read in the novel (I think he may have morphed into Mace Windu as well, but I can't quite remember for certain).

It would be neat if a thick cable attached to his back can be included as well (which Galen had to sever in order to free him), but that may be a little over-the-top and hard to do. It would probably look a bit silly as well, especially when PROXY morphs into the forms of other Force-wielders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
WraithPrince
Rookie

Current Game: UT2004, Kotor:TSL
Add a actrualy god mode cheat (this would have helped making finding the holocrons less of a chore)

increase the intelligence of the AI

Do a Starkiller must die difficulty mode where almost everything is lethal ae instead of taking like 10-30 shots you'd only take like maybe 5 and sabers kill you in 2-3 hits

WraithPrince is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
What if we could add new maps?
I would add a Coruscant map, where you can explore the city itself. Jump from platforms, lurk through the under-levels. Pure awesome.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Mirdala Mand'alor View Post
I would add a Coruscant map, where you can explore the city itself. Jump from platforms, lurk through the under-levels. Pure awesome.
I think there is already a Coruscant map in the Ultimate Sith Edition but not sure. If we could map for TFU, I would put in Mandalore without a doubt

Bink's Sake

"I've barely eaten anything for many decades now. It feels like my stomach shriveled into my back........though i don't have a stomach or back because i'm a skeleton! Yohohohoho! SKULL JOKE!"

"My eyes have never seen such a pretty woman! But i'm a skeleton so my eyes don't see much."
Old 07-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Korriban may be number 1 on any list of desired new maps. After that...a Star Destroyer (to run around in, as you say. Maybe fight off some rebel scum! ) Bastion? Yavin IV would be a nice change of scenery; a proper Coruscant (as you say)...

Old 08-14-2009, 11:14 PM   #9
purifier
Forumite

LF Jester 
Quote:
New maps you say....well Dagobah comes to my mind. There 's nothing like running through the jungle and shooting anything that moves to sharpen your senses.

Hmmm, the Dxun Moon and the Endor Moon would be good maps to make as well...now that I think about it.

Well, let's just hope we can mod the hell out of TFU when it does finally arrive for the PC.

SITH HAPPENS
purifier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #10
WraithPrince
Rookie

That was the jedi temple it was dlc before sith edition.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #11
Trench
Guy with Monocle

LF Jester 
How about: Nar Shaddaa (better than the in-game level), Nal Hutta, Tatooine, Manaan, Naboo, Malachor V (you know you want it)... So many possibilities.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:15 PM   #12
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
How about: Nar Shaddaa (better than the in-game level)
Wasn't that supposed to be Bespin? See the confusion created when developers rush through stories...

But yes, Nar Shaddaa would be good too.

Quote:
Nal Hutta, Tatooine, Manaan, Naboo, Malachor V (you know you want it)... So many possibilities.
All good as well! Except for the canon problems of Malachor having been destroyed and that.

Alderaan deserves a look-in, seeing it has been so badly underused.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #13
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Just check the map list at Wookiepedia

Bink's Sake

Old 07-31-2009, 07:46 AM   #14
Rabish Bini
Sydney Roosters Genius

Current Game: KotOR III
Convert the whole game into an original KotOR III game.

You said let your imagination run wild

Yes
Rabish Bini is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2009, 09:19 AM   #15
WraithPrince
Rookie

SW01 the wii and ps2 versions got nar shadaa instead of bespin for finding kota and got bespin for finding another senator right before the DS to add more levels.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #16
SW01
3 Years in the Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithPrince View Post
SW01 the wii and ps2 versions got nar shadaa instead of bespin for finding kota and got bespin for finding another senator right before the DS to add more levels.
Ah right - thanks!

That was an even more baffling move - messing about with diferent levels between games...

I agree completely with the idea of toning down the force powers (even though it's called 'Force Unleashed', PastramiX is right - sabre was almost unnecessary).

And Leia and Vader at least might be remotely possible - Luke too, with this Hoth thing (assuming it's going to be possible to access the game's model files...)

Old 08-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #17
JKAMaster
Rookie

I would add characters like Luke, Leia, Han, Vader, etc for the player. Some soundpacks for each character. Then I would focus on making levels and worlds.
JKAMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #18
jrrtoken

I'd remove/tone-down almost all Force powers, so that using your lightsaber would actually be necessary rather than simply throwing crap around.

I'd remove all of those banal QTEs, and I'd probably remove/alter most of the horribly-written parts (Romance )

Greatly increase difficulty, while modifying the levels to promote more non-linear gameplay.

Altogether, though, this is simply a pipe dream, with absolutely zero to 25% chance of coming to fruition.
jrrtoken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #19
WraithPrince
Rookie

The saber was only necessary on enemys that force can't effect like dark troopers and those.. stormtroopers with forcefields, but even then all you would do was spam the lightning saber thing.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #20
Neon
Veteran

I would start a team, or join an existing one, to make an online mp version of it, basicly like Jedi Knight, choose your player model, your force powers, your lightsaber and your saber style.

Neon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #21
JKAMaster
Rookie

I disagree about toning down the force. I love the power this guy has in the game. It doesn't keep me from using the saber either, in fact I think the saber moves and combos are the best part of it.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #22
Gamma097
Rookie

I was somewhat disappointed at the PS2 version of the game. If SWTFU4PC is a similar disappointment, I'd try (and probably fail; skinning is all I'm good at.) to make it like the 360/PS3 version and probably reskin all the skins that I think don't match up with SW canon. (Again, skinning is all I'm good at.)

Join Carbonite Modders | Carbonite Modders Site | ARC Trooper Mod Updates
If you would like to voice a character in the ARC Trooper Mod, please send me a private message, and I'll see what I can do.
If you have any Mandalorian songs like Vode An, Rage of the Shadow Warriors, or Gra'tua Cuun on your MP3 or computer, paste this to your signature.
Gamma097 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-01-2009, 04:49 AM   #23
Darth Darkus
Rookie

Current Game: none
more planets and missions would be gr8! I haven't played the game before but I heard it's only about 9 hours of playtime... so more planets and missions would be the best thing to mod imo...
Darth Darkus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #24
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
Hey,

There are a few ideas running through my mind.

It comes down to how much modding could be done to the game.

One is the idea of a Mandalorian Wars Chapter: A recount of a Jedi sneaking through the Manadlorian lines and must face the dangers alone with the Force.

Another for the Dark side person a Chapter in the hunt to kill the Jedi. This would be during the Jedi Purge between kotor1 and kotor2. You are a Jedi who was also influenced by Malachor V and you are sent to hunt down the last of the Order as they start to hide from the new Sith threat.

Another is another chapter in Starkiller's time and history.

Then there is always the forgotten records of the Jedi Exile and Revan. You play as them in the unknown regions facing the Sith Empire through records of their battles found in holocron chapters.

There are many more ideas but all would be geared to an action adventure based on the design of the force unleashes game mechanics and layout in showing a action game experience.

But first can it be modded? Has anyone been able to mod the Xbox 360 version with a modded xbox??

Its going to be fun to see what can be done.

Logan

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #25
Omeganian
Rookie

A new Dark Forces Mod (along with the JK sequels)?
Omeganian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #26
Zwier Zak

How would you make a DF mod if the only weapon in the game is a lightsaber?
Zwier Zak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #27
Demongo
Afro Skeleton

Gentlemen, I am proud to present(or at least show because it is not mine) The very first mod
View page
YouTube Video

Bink's Sake

Old 11-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #28
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Congrats to this brave pioneer!

Dismemberment is key for me... I loath the "batsaber" in this game. And a little blood spray wouldn't hurt either (just a fine red mist like in Episode I).

It'd probably be next to impossible, but even a basic Multiplayer mode like the Wii version had, would greatly improve the replay value of this game.

PS: It'd be cool if somebody modified the "force burst" attack to make it red, so it'd look like Force Destruction.

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2009, 05:24 AM   #29
Zwier Zak

What we need is a way to open the resource files. If it can't be done there will be no real mods.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:45 AM   #30
JKAMaster
Rookie

We need to email lucasarts and request it.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:20 AM   #31
Zwier Zak

I don't think they'll do that.

Still the texmod gives us some possibilities. I'd like to turn of those horrible green dot's. And if the black color is transparent I think I can pull that of.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #32
onikrulz
Rookie

Dismemberment = +1 from me. I miss Jedi Outcast. I hope LucasArts checks through this thread and helps the modding. After all, PC version backed up by a modding community makes a game long-lasting and replayable.
onikrulz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-13-2009, 09:10 AM   #33
WraithPrince
Rookie

Well atleast we can get something close to Revan with a Sith robe Reskin maybe.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #34
Luxian
Lurker

so.. how did you do it?
Luxian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #35
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
+1 for Dismemberment & blood.

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #36
jedimike2234
Rookie

Would love to see the stances change, if you change to a different costume,say darth maul and be able to use the double saber,it kinda kills it to see maul, luke or all the rest use starkillers stance and blade behind his back.
With the dismemberment,if you see ,starkiller can cut the gonk droids in half and the edges are white hot ,and those sarlac hairs also cut,so its in there as it applies to droids and certain things but not to npcs or anything else,i guess if it was modable it would be to change those values to affect everything else?
jedimike2234 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #37
WraithPrince
Rookie

^ I think thats kinda of like a thing build into the bones for the droids like in jka you were able to cut the head off of a r2 unit with dismemberment off.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #38
LordSerion
Rookie

- First of all, I'd get rid of that annoying Star Destroyer scene (PC version, of course). I'd add a script asking 'Do you want to do the sequence manually or skip it?' If you choose no, you'd jump to the cutscene. I mean, seriously, it has taken an hour from me and I'm still stuck. Not funny. -_-

- Dismemberment.

- Force Lightning from the beginning. It's too much fun to use, I don't want to wait till the third level.
LordSerion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #39
DarthSlinky
Rookie

Current Game: Starcraft II
Let your ideas run wild? OK

Dismemberment, Episode 1 style blood
Customizable stances
JA/JO style multi player
A single player KOTOR
The ability to add custom models, maps, everything
Replace most of the music original John Williams music
Make it harder
but unless a miracle occurs and LucasArts blesses us with tools to mod it, nothing like this can every happen.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.
DarthSlinky is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #40
mrgreene32
Lurker

Who would i want to fight...Shatner.

Seriously, I wanna see him fight Darth Bane, Luke, Yoda, and the Emperor.
mrgreene32 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > Modding The Force Unleashed > How would you mod it?