lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Stealth and Better A.I
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
shukkoku
Rookie

Current Game: Uncharted 2
Stealth and Better A.I

If you have played metal gear solid, you would know how important staying undercover is. I was thinking that they could adapt a bit of stealth into BF3, perhaps you sneak around the battlefield and avoid detection until you engage the battle. take note i am not referring to the Bothan spy skill.
This would require a fair bit of good A.I to function. Nothing extreme like a caution meter that ticks away, or exclamation points bouncing up.

tell me what you guys think
shukkoku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
No. No. No. No.
Battlefront 2 has nothing to do with stealth. I wouldnt mind maybe improved AI that couldnt see you through blinding fog(felucia and dagobah Im looking at you) but when I play I dont want to spend an extra 5 minutes per battle not actually battling, thats pointless busy work to me.

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
shukkoku
Rookie

Current Game: Uncharted 2
yeah, sneaking around the battlefield is extreme, but what I was trying to get at was that we need way batter A.I that allows reasonable sneaking, if you dont want to battle a ton of droids, just sneak past without every single one running after you
shukkoku is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
kalle90
Rookie

Doesn't BF already have some? Usually the enemies will go past me if I'm behind and obstacle so they won't see me, although every now and then 1 idiot magically notices you and draws attention to you. That's pretty much the only stealth on raging battlefield I expect to see
kalle90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #5
GeneralPloKoon
Just a Time Traveller

Current Game: Borderlands (PS3)
I wouldnt mind a stealth based class similar to the spy on TF2...but the class would have to be very weak and require close combat.
GeneralPloKoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
jawathehutt
Its 5 o'clock somewhere

Current Game: Age of Empires II
In terms of gameplay, I think a TF2spy like class would probably work, in terms of personal preference, I want to murder everyone who has ever even considered playing a spy in TF2 or a rogue in WoW. Fight me like a man damnit!

"Everyone that posts here is aware of the game, thanks though." ET
"It is Lucasarts"~ LordJhredmo
jawathehutt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars: Battlefront (DICE) > General Discussion > Stealth and Better A.I