lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Curse and Grim Panel Fitting Woes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
Icebox
Rookie

Current Game: Monkey Man Country
Curse and Grim Panel Fitting Woes

I have a laptop, originally Vista, converted to Windows XP. It has 1280x800 Resolution and is suitable for all my gaming needs. The problem is that when I try to run an Adventure Game of a similar resolution at full screen, it is panel fitted, so that the action all takes place in the center, surrounded by a large black mat. The game still works fine, but is shrunk and not run at the resolution it is generally supposed to. This is a problem with all my adventure games, but mostly affects Curse of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango, because they are the most recent.

What I want to know is, is there a setting I can change to run these guys at true full screen, without panel fitting? Help would be much appreciated.

Let's Kick Some ICE!
Icebox is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
Varrok
Rookie

Tell your Graphic Card plz :P If e.g. you have Intel's, its easy to correct that
Varrok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
Icebox
Rookie

Intel 965 Express Chipset Family. So hopefully it won't be too tough a problem to solve.

Let's Kick Some ICE!
Old 11-24-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
Varrok
Rookie

Go to the Intel configure screen (RMB at Desktop->Graphics Properties) - > Screen Settings -> Ratio Settings - You've got propably the 3rd option selected, so I recommend you to select "Keep Aspect Ratio" one.

I've translated names from Polish version, so they may look a bit different
Works only with graphic card driver instaled, so if you don't have it... install it
Varrok is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
Icebox
Rookie

Worked like a charm, thanks! Just nabbed the right drivers and used the shortcut in the menu. "Ctrl-Alt-F11" Arigato Gozaimasu.

Let's Kick Some ICE!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > Help! > Curse and Grim Panel Fitting Woes