lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Can I start a LAN game with only 1 player?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
HaederMan
Lurker

Question Can I start a LAN game with only 1 player?

I am playing EAW with the 1.05 patch (not Forces of Corruption) on Windows XP SP3.

I've played the single player for a while, now I'd like to try out some of the custom maps I have downloaded. I was hoping I would get to play against the computer AI on these maps, like in the single player campaign.

I go to start a LAN game, I select a map (in this case, a 2 player map). For the second player, I select Computer AI. But the "Start Game" button is always greyed (grayed?) out.

I have checked all the network settings and read all the faqs. I have the windows firewall disabled, and my router not only supports upnp, but I've also port forwarded the EAW ports (both tcp and udp) to my system.

Can I not play a multiplayer game with just the computer and only 1 human? Am I trying to do something that's impossible or is there some problem with my setup?
HaederMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
HaederMan
Lurker

Alright, apparently I'm an idiot. To do what I want to do, I go into Single Player -> Skirmish. My bad.
HaederMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Tech Centre > Can I start a LAN game with only 1 player?

Tags
computer ai, custom, lan, map, multiplayer, start button