lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: What did you think of this episode?
Excellent 2 50.00%
Very Good 0 0%
So-so 2 50.00%
Needs work 0 0%
It sucked 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: LucasCast: Episode #15
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Current Game: Guild Wars 2, VtMB, TOR
Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
LucasCast: Episode #15

We are back from our New Years holidays with plenty to talk about. In this episode we discuss a plethora of topics including what we have been playing, the new console OS updates, voice actors, DLC, MMO’s, Bayoneta and various other gaming news.

Release date: 20th January 2010

Download page: http://www.lucascast.com/lucascast_episode-15/

Summary:

* What we did over the holidays
* OS Updates for 360/PS3 - Twitter, Facebook, Last.fm
* Voice actors in Dragon Age and other games
* More DLC shinanigans
* MMO’s - Star Trek Online, TOR, Guild Wars 2 and new Zombie MMO
* Bayoneta
* Various other gaming news

Show spoiler

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Read The Adventures of Jolee Bindo and see the amazing Peep Surgery
Story WIP: The Dragonfighters
My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom--Latest post: Security Alerts!
Love Star Trek AND gaming? Check out Lotus Fleet.

Last edited by leXX; 01-20-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Jae Onasi is offline   you may:
Old 01-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Bokken
Wizard of Yendor

Current Game: Abandoned Realms
Ninjas, farts, orgasms, poop, lexX mispronouncing Gaiden, and...strawberry lingerie? Couldn't get more random. Exceptionally funny as usual, though.
Masterfully done, you freaks of nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJhredmo
It is LucasArts.
Bokken is offline   you may:
Old 01-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
jrrtoken

It's better, but not by leaps and bounds...
jrrtoken is offline   you may:
Old 01-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Great cast!

Here's what a Bioware dev had to say about some Mass Effect 2 day 1 DLC:

Show spoiler

We can't say whether that's true for other games, but this free day one DLC stuff is clearly another bit of motivation to get consumers to buy new copies. After all, they get nothing from the used games market.
swphreak is offline   you may:
Old 01-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
I felt like the sound quality is noticeably worse in this episode than it has been in the past, am I just making this up or was it actually worse? I just started listening so no comments about the actual episode.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may:
Old 01-21-2010, 12:39 AM   #6
Jae Onasi
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Alderaan News Holopics contributor Helpful! LucasCast staff Veteran Fan Fic Author 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
It's better, but not by leaps and bounds...
I don't expect it to be 'leaps and bounds' better. I'm happy with a steady progression in improvement, given that we're learning as we go along. Broadcasters on radio spend several years in college learning their craft. We've had about 25-ish hours of on-the-job training, except for Darth Groovy, and you can definitely tell he's had some radio experience. Do we want to do better? Sure. Can we make it sound like professional radio at this point? I don't think we'll have enough experience to do that for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I felt like the sound quality is noticeably worse in this episode than it has been in the past, am I just making this up or was it actually worse? I just started listening so no comments about the actual episode.
I edited this time. Any sound issues are solely my fault. There were some things I did want to edit out that I simply couldn't, such as the occasional background click that drives me crazy. If the extraneous sounds happen in the middle of words, it's not possible for me to edit it out, either because the program can't or I don't know enough yet to be able to do something that sophisticated. I can't tell much difference, but after listening to the last few casts for hours and hours, it's nearly impossible for me to tell. If you could provide some more specifics of what you mean by sound quality, that would be helpful.

From MST3K's spoof of "Hercules Unchained"--heard as Roman medic soldiers carry off an unconscious Greek Hercules on a 1950's Army green canvas stretcher: "Hi, we're IX-I-I. Did somebody dial IX-I-I?"

Old 01-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #7
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
ANTA BAKAAA?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae
How would you feel about co-op play for ME2 and DA? We discuss it.
I think co op in ME 2 would be great! Fantastic! But i doubt there will be any, since theres 4 days to go for north america, and afaik they haven't said anything about it for the game. (as in feature-boasting)
But imagine if it were being included. Perhaps one player controls Shepard while another player controls a party member.

Imagine how awesomely tactical/tactically awesome it would be!

Example: Approching open area with lots of crates and cover, with lots of enemies hiding under said cover.
Biotic Adept Liara rips them out of cover with Biotic Lift, Pull, Singularity, etc and exposes them while Soldier Shepard can shoot them to shreds with Assault Rifle.

Or juggernaut krogan Grunt runs in and draws fire away while Engineer Shepard sneaks over to a vantage point and proceeds to snipe the enemies' butts off.

It'd be like the tactical Party controls, but amped up a million times because its a Human playing alongside with you, not AI. (and you wouldn't have to pause all the time to do them: everything could be done at lightning speed at real time, which would make things look oodles cooler)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swphreak
Here's what a Bioware dev had to say about some Mass Effect 2 day 1 DLC:
@DLC: I think this is very much a half full/ half empty situation. You can very easily see the dev's POV that its a bonus, as well as the annoyed gamer's POV that its pointless.

Since i spent a freaking crapload of money for a preordered collector's edition, id like to think of it as being half full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae
I edited this time. Any sound issues are solely my fault. There were some things I did want to edit out that I simply couldn't, such as the occasional background click that drives me crazy. If the extraneous sounds happen in the middle of words, it's not possible for me to edit it out, either because the program can't or I don't know enough yet to be able to do something that sophisticated. I can't tell much difference, but after listening to the last few casts for hours and hours, it's nearly impossible for me to tell. If you could provide some more specifics of what you mean by sound quality, that would be helpful.
To me, it didnt sound like a cutting problem, but rather as if everyone used bad quality microphones. the sound was all scratchy.

mfw I read the Revan novel

it is not a cry of joy.

Last edited by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan; 01-21-2010 at 09:49 AM.
JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan is offline   you may:
Old 01-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
Jae Onasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan View Post
To me, it didnt sound like a cutting problem, but rather as if everyone used bad quality microphones. the sound was all scratchy.
Hmm. I don't think we changed mics or programs (we record on both Freecorder and Audacity, and use the Audacity recording as our first choice). I wonder if we just had a bad Skype connection this time.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Yeah, I didn't really mean that the editing was done poorly, just more the overall sound was less clear.

Also, it is true what they said about 2010, I am all for pronouncing it "twenty-ten" and pretty much when I hear people say "two-thousand ten" I correct them. Do you really want to be stuck saying "two-thousand thirty-seven"?

I agree about Facebook and Twitter on 360 being useless but I like the last.fm app pretty well, though I don't think there are any advertisement interruptions on the actual website so that is still the best way to use it.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may:
Old 01-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #10
Jae Onasi

Technically, the correct pronunciation of 2010 (the number) is two thousand ten. However, I think it's faster to say 'twenty-ten' myself, and that it will be the more common convention.

Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > LucasCast Discussion > LucasCast: Episode #15