lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Demo is out Xbox Gold
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
timpbader
Rookie

Demo is out Xbox Gold

Demo is out for Xbox Gold members only (nothing on PS3).
timpbader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-11-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
gta967
Rookie

Current Game: SW:KOTOR
Played it, and just, wow.

gta967 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
timpbader
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gta967 View Post
Played it, and just, wow.
Youtube doesn't do the demo justice. Graphics are way better than the first game. They should have toned down the force powers a bit. If you are going to disintegrate storm troops it should take a little longer. The visual effect should last a little bit longer. I wiped out so many storm troopers within the blink of an eye. You can do some of the better combos from the first game.
timpbader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
MajinMikeyX
Rookie

Current Game: Halo Reach, BFBC2
I downloaded it overnight and played it just now(morning before school) and it was really cool. I'll save calling it amazing until I have the full game and get into the 1000/1000 gamerscore club with it within a week .

I think what they did visually is a big improvement, graphically for almost everything, only place I found that lacked any detail at all, was in the hallway escape scene that you have to dash for your life, if you break the window with rain pouring on it before that module(?) begins, it looks horrible, but thats only one small thing. I guess that's how they saved a little bit of time since that area gets covered by debris real quick. I like the lightsabers now, a little bit slimmer but not too slim like the earlier demo they showed us. I did like the fat sabers from TFU1 but these are just as good. Force Grip is a lot different from TFU1's grip. To me it's not 100% better, since I thought it was already really good, it's just different feeling. The sabers weren't bad but hopefully theres more combos in the full game. And I love the new Push and Repulse.

I think I'll definitely see Shem online playing the demo later today lol

"All too easy."
MajinMikeyX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
I think I'll definitely see Shem online playing the demo later today lol
Well, I'm downloading it right now so if you want to see me play it via my status on Xbox Live, it will be in a few minutes from now.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #6
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I'm going to download tonight and give it a go.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
wastred
Lurker

Is the demo only for NTSC consoles? I'm in India with a PAL console, have XBL gold membership, but if I try to download the demo, I get a message saying "This offer has expired, or is not valid in your region". Please help
wastred is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Well, I said I wasn't going to play it, but I caved last night. Glad I did, too: It was awesome! I think my favorite part was the falling bit at the beginning. That was intense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #9
Jedi Warrior
Rookie

Amazing demo! Love Jedi Mind Trick

Jedi Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2010, 02:48 AM   #10
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Warrior View Post
Amazing demo! Love Jedi Mind Trick
That mind trick is gold. There was definitely a sense of humor behind it!

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #11
LordOfTheFish

Current Game: Tomb Raider
Forum Veteran 
Played it yesterday. I thought it was great!

LordOfTheFish is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #12
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
Wasn't like overwhelming, because of course it was just a few minutes in very similar settings to the first game (sans falling part) but I'm still exited about it for sure, the character model was far improved and the graphics were awesome... I still vomit a little in my mouth when I see the dual backwards sabers, its just a gimmick IMO, and a single normal grip saber would improve it vastly, but I'm nitpicking.

In short: looks awesome, cannot wait for it to come out, double reverse grip is horrendous. 9.5/10

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #13
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
Wasn't like overwhelming, because of course it was just a few minutes in very similar settings to the first game (sans falling part) but I'm still exited about it for sure, the character model was far improved and the graphics were awesome... I still vomit a little in my mouth when I see the dual backwards sabers, its just a gimmick IMO, and a single normal grip saber would improve it vastly, but I'm nitpicking.

In short: looks awesome, cannot wait for it to come out, double reverse grip is horrendous. 9.5/10
Agreed.

The two backwards sabers just looks really odd.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #14
Darth Eclipse

Current Game: Crysis 2,Dead Space2
Played it. Cried that it ended so soon.

Darth Eclipse is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2010, 12:55 AM   #15
truJedi
Rookie

it thrills me and fills my heart with such joy to see so many people enjoying it
to all the nei sayers ... HAH!!! TOLD YOU SO !! .....carry on ..

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #16
DarkStarMojo

Anyone else get the feeling there's a part of the level that's missing - right between end of Starkiller's free fall (awesome, btw) and the part where you use Force Grip to smash the forcefield generators? That fading-to-black/fade in transition seems really awkward, not to mention the next area is at the bottom of some of kind shaft, with no visible entrance.

Otherwise, loved the demo. It seems like the targeting system has really been improved, which is one of the few things that really bugged me about the original.

Dark Forces Mod, Part 2
Project lead, lead mapper
http://www.darkforces.jediknight.net
http://dfmod.blogspot.com
DarkStarMojo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #17
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
The free fall bit was my favorite part. I only wish you could use lightning in addition to push during that sequence, mainly for the TIEs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > Demo is out Xbox Gold