lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II DLC
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-06-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
Jedi Warrior
Rookie

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II DLC

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II DLC Details Leaked :

http://www.ripten.com/2010/11/01/sta...etails-leaked/

More Sith DLC

Jedi Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Oh, we're going to be fighting Ewoks. Oooh-aaah. Also a guy whose tactic when fighting Sith is to let them take his gun away and a girl. Sounds thrilling, can't wait.

Darth Maul costume... yeeeeaaaaah, so essentially the big news here is that we're getting back something we already had in TFU1. And unless they give us the double-bladed saber and the fighting style to go along with the looks, it's going to be just as lame, too.

Crystals, challenges... got those already, lame, move along.

The Deak Starkiller costume really shows just how desperate and uncreative LA are at the moment, dredging up character concepts that had been rejected thirty years ago. Also, is it just me or does Deak look rather feminine in that close-up screenshot? The wide chest and shoulders kinda spoil it, but looking just at the head it kinda seems to me like it's a girl under that mask.
Sordid Dreams is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
The Deak Starkiller costume really shows just how desperate and uncreative LA are at the moment, dredging up character concepts that had been rejected thirty years ago.
What?!

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
deesnyder
Rookie

Current Game: COD Black ops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
What?!
What?

Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977

Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesnyder View Post
What?
How does the Deak Starkiller costume (which is supposed to be an easter egg for fans) shows desperation or uncreativeness from LucasArts?

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
How does the Deak Starkiller costume (which is supposed to be an easter egg for fans) shows desperation or uncreativeness from LucasArts?
It's not supposed to be an easter egg, it's supposed to be a DLC and/or Collector's Edition content that you pay extra for. I really have no idea what LA are thinking. The costume selection in TFU2 is lousy, no Sith robes (the Dark Clone outfit is more of a coat than a robe), no Jedi robes, instead we have crap like fifteen versions of generic stormtrooper armor and a neimoidian. I mean, come on! Who wants to run around as a neimoidian with a lightsaber? And of course Boba Fett. Every SW game has to have a Fett in it, that's so damn old I'd have my mind blown if he hadn't been included. And then they come up with the idea that hey, maybe we'd be willing to pay them some more money to finally get a decent costume. And their idea of that is....? A goofy-looking character concept rejected thirty years ago with hair that's apparently made of plastic and wearing pink tights. Yeah, that's the stuff! I'm getting all excited.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
Eye of EVIL
Lurker

Quote:
Oh, we're going to be fighting Ewoks. Oooh-aaah. Also a guy whose tactic when fighting Sith is to let them take his gun away and a girl. Sounds thrilling, can't wait.

Darth Maul costume... yeeeeaaaaah, so essentially the big news here is that we're getting back something we already had in TFU1. And unless they give us the double-bladed saber and the fighting style to go along with the looks, it's going to be just as lame, too.

Crystals, challenges... got those already, lame, move along.

The Deak Starkiller costume really shows just how desperate and uncreative LA are at the moment, dredging up character concepts that had been rejected thirty years ago. Also, is it just me or does Deak look rather feminine in that close-up screenshot? The wide chest and shoulders kinda spoil it, but looking just at the head it kinda seems to me like it's a girl under that mask.
lol..i like how your on about your opinion but it doesnt seem to bother LA or its the fact that you cant afford nor be good at any of LA's games.

lalalala!

"The republic do bleed. Well then, if it bleeds...I can kill it."
Eye of EVIL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
Master-Kyle-Leeson09
Rookie

Considering how hastily cooked TFU2 felt from the YouTube vids, I don't think DLC is anything special. Thank God I decided to get a better idea of the game before buying--this particular 'star wars' game is nothing worth cheering.

I am Kyle, one of the most powerful Sith Assassins in history, now a Jedi Knight with attitude.
Master-Kyle-Leeson09 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2010, 08:20 PM   #9
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Well let's see. I said they lack creativity. Creativity, that means creating something new, right? And using an old rejected concept for no other reason than to milk some more money out of the customers, does that qualify as creating something new? What do you think?

Last edited by Sordid Dreams; 11-06-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #10
Alexrd

Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Well let's see. I said they lack creativity. Creativity, that means creating something new, right?
You also said it show how desperate LucasArts is. And I asked how does a skin of a concept art of the character that gave name to the protagonist of TFU show desperation.

Quote:
And using an old rejected concept for no other reason than to milk some more money out of the customers, does that qualify as creating something new? What do you think?
I think the skin is to pay homage to the original Starkiller and Ralph McQuarrie. As for "milk some more money out of the costumers", do you really think that? The costumer knows exactly what he is going to buy. If he likes it, then it's not considered milking money. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it. Once again, you are saying that just because you don't like the skin, it means that LucasArts is desperate or lacks creativity. That's a fallacy.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #11
Anveena
Rookie

A part of the DLC is already available for free for the PC users
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=205787

(5 new challenges; 2 new costumes including Deak Starkiller and 2 new crystals).

By the way, you can edit the game pretty easily extracting pak2.lp and modifying the xml files with winrar (for instance, you can change the damage of the force powers and also the game scripts).

I played the game for 2-3 days and then got bored...
Anveena is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #12
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Man, I figured they'd continue the non-canonical story of the Dark Apprentice via DLC, and I thought up some fairly cool scenarios as well; but I never thought they'd pit him against Ewoks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
Starkiller isn't really a Jedi I don't think, or a Sith for that matter. He's more in between. I'm not too sure but they should've put some robe costumes in the game that we'rent in the script, but were an option. I'd like some typical Jedi robes, like the tan and brown ones. And for the costumes that you get from TFU1, instead of the Sith Stalker and Ceremonial robes they should've had the Jedi Adventurer and the Sith robe.
That's correct. Although technically, even if he were to fully dedicated to either side, he was never a Jedi or a Sith because the Jedi and Sith are organized affiliations, of which he has never been formally inducted into either one. He's essentially just a lightsaber-wielding Force user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #13
truJedi
Rookie

the skin was pretty poor to be honest lol, if i knew thats what it would look like before i
baught the game , i would have beotherd with the collectors edition...same with the crystals it game with, they could not have piked a dumber colour for them lol.

... I am Jacks Smirking Revenge
truJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 09:42 AM   #14
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Keep things civil, lads. I don't want to push the big red button...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #15
Blix
Veteran

Current Game: Morrowind & Dark Arisen
We get to kill Ewoks?

Blix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #16
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Yeah. Awesome, isn't it? Should be almost as exciting as killing Jawas.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #17
deesnyder
Rookie

Current Game: COD Black ops
Prime, if i may say so, please lock the thread... It doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. Whatta waste of cyberspace...

Any idiot can get an airplane off the ground, but an aviator earns his keep by bringing it back anytime, anywhere, under any circumstances that man and God can dream up.

Walter Cunningham, 'The All-American Boys,' 1977

Gaming Config:

512mb geforce 9800GT clocked @ 666, 1674, 1145
2GB DDR2 RAM clocked @ 496 on 2.15v VDIMM
AMD Athlon 2 x4 635 2.9ghz clocked @ 3.6ghz on cooler master hyper tx3
vcore = 1.410v
35c idle and 50c full load(no push pull config)
deesnyder is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #18
Master-Kyle-Leeson09
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesnyder View Post
Prime, if i may say so, please lock the thread... It doesn't seem to be getting anywhere. Whatta waste of cyberspace...
More like a debate to me. Just a couple of forum dudes who have different opinions and having a heated "civil" discussion about it.

I am Kyle, one of the most powerful Sith Assassins in history, now a Jedi Knight with attitude.
Master-Kyle-Leeson09 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #19
Sordid Dreams
Rookie

Seems to be going just fine to me. I mean, it's an online forum thread about a videogame, where exactly do you think it should go?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #20
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Needs more civil, less heated.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #21
Twilight-Kun
Rookie

it's a great game if you take your time and try out every difficulty setting
(try beating Dagobah on Unleashed)

and the Gorog will destroy you if you're not fast enough

I love this game, even though my computer can barely handle it (Everything moves at maybe 1/3 speed, makes it real easy to set up saber combos but the button mashing segments can be tricky)
Twilight-Kun is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Force Unleashed > General > The Force Unleashed 2 > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II DLC