lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Revan all Along [TSL]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Revan all Along [TSL]

Revan All Along is a recruitment mod that will allow you to recruit a new character by the name of "The Rook". This character had followed Revan around secretly during Revan's quest during the Jedi Civil War. He will take the place of G0T0, and he will actually join you in the same place, albeit you choose to get rid of G0T0 once on the Ebon Hawk. I can't much explain anything else about him, without revealing a (hopefully) major point in the side-quest that I may include with him.
So far I only have one helper in this, which is DarthJango/Weasley.

I will hopefully be getting out of the RUT that I am in at the moment, which includes school (trivial matter in a few weeks), and I've lost most, if not all, of my data... so don't expect that much from me for a few more weeks until school is out and I can finally FOCUS!!!

Progress:

Dialogue: 2%
Story: 5% (In my head)
Character: 20% (Added him to the game files using Kotor Tool, but I haven't actually gotten the script to recruit him, and done it.)
(What other things to the mod am I missing? I can't think of anything at the moment.)

Extra thoughts:
In one quick sentence, my life is terrible at the moment, I have lost all data at this point, Steam crashes when I try to do anything on it, and I just had finals... But, good news is that summer is coming soon, and I'll probably be able to work on this crazy project. (If I can get K2 to work...)

Last edited by FallenJedi1; 05-30-2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Life, life is the reason...
FallenJedi1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
LDR
Your Death Angel

Current Game: Halo 3
Helpful! Roleplayer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
...Another one?

Please... I don't want to see another failed SC.

Moderator note [01-12-2012 10:55 AM]

Feel free to point out what those attempting a Total Conversion Mod are up against, but please try to make it as civilized as possible. There is no need to pull the rug out from under their feet and then beat them with a stick.

I direct you back to this post. http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2800488&postcount=34

Forgive, but never forget. No amount of DLC can take back lying to your fan base. Trust is earned, not downloaded.

My Mods
Current Mod Thread

Last edited by mimartin; 01-12-2012 at 10:55 AM.
LDR is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
FallenJedi1
Rookie

You're really encouraging LordDeathRay, and I have decided to change it to a Recruitment mod anyway. So yeah... You're "encouragement" was wasted on me.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Slstoev
Rookie

Current Game: TF2, Minecraft
Why do I get the feeling this character is Revan which I doubt though.

I am back.
Slstoev is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slstoev View Post
Why do I get the feeling this character is Revan which I doubt though.
No, it's not Revan, although that would be a good idea to add into this. I don't think I will though, and like I said, he just followed Revan around during KOTOR I. I might even add a mod for KOTOR I to recruit "The Rook", so that you can find out more about what happened with him during the first game.

Moderator note [01-12-2012 11:01 AM]

"EDIT: Is it possible to remove posts to a thread? 'Cause I would like to be able to remove posts that say stuff like, "This is gonna suck I bet," or other stuff like that..."

Yes there is. There is a report button that allows you to report a post that violates the rules. If the moderator decides the post violates the rules then it will be deleted/edited. If you are just wanting posst removed that you don't like, but that are within the rules, then no there is not a way. There isn't even a way for me to do that and I have a edit/delete button.

Last edited by mimartin; 01-12-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
The title is a little misleading, but it sounds like a fun character mod. Just a couple things...

A lot of people use the HotOR mod which also has a character replace G0-T0. This might make people have less interest in your mod.

Also if you have a recruit mod in TSL, you should really work out a way for your recruit to leave before Malachor or else it will just be messed up. Other than that, good luck!

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Current Game: Kotor 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Drexl View Post
Also if you have a recruit mod in TSL, you should really work out a way for your recruit to leave before Malachor or else it will just be messed up. Other than that, good luck!
Yes, so Ive been thinking what about if you get Bao Dur back before the ravenger or just after but then only having him in your party till telos is finished. It would make sense then, as Bao would be there with you at malachor.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...12#post2807812
The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

USED TO BE KNOWN AS DARTH JANGO/WEASLEY
UltimateHK47 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Hmm, Fallen, maybe replace another character like Bao Dur. He has no REAL importance. But just say to Bao to do some job or whatever. likr keep telos protected. An maybe talk to him before ravenger. Also, compatabilaty with TLSRCM would have to be attempted, as its id say the most popular mod out there. remember, PM with assignments.

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Old 01-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
Sith Holocron
M4-78

Current Game: The Old Republic
Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthJango/Weasley View Post
Hmm, Fallen, maybe replace another character like Bao Dur. He has no REAL importance. But just have Bao do some job or whatever like keeping Telos protected, for example. And maybe talk to him before the Ravager. Also, compatibility with TLSRCM would have to be attempted, as it's - I'd say - the most popular mod out there.
How would you explain Bao-Dur and the Remote's appearance on Malachor V then? Would the new character have a new cutscene to replace the Bao-Dur's hologram instructions to his Remote?

Considering trying out (or returning to) SWTOR? You may as well go through my link and help get me some SWTOR referral points!
Sith Holocron is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Okay, so I have been thinking, I am going to put a poll up for a while that asks who the new recruit should replace, so that instead of putting up a post in here and cluttering it up, then I can just see the results of it. I am not going to put Bao-Dur up as an option for multiple reasons, 1.) I actually do kind of like him... 2.) He plays way too important of a role during Malachor to replace him. I think I'm just gonna replace someone useless...
Old 01-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
UltimateHK47
Forumite

i got it, T3M4, to see the list of masters just use the security console. i mean, hes not that important. You could just have him as an npc on the Hawk, as i dont think many use him.

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Old 01-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Okay then... Good idea... Guess there will be no poll up... I'm just gonna go with that.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #13
UltimateHK47
Forumite

You know i think the characters who really dont have a part on MALACHOR, are visas hk mandalore t3m4 and atton. But attons my favourate because he cracks me up, hk is too badass, mandalore and visisa are important on the ravenger but t3 is just a droid who only can be important 1nce. (taris and peragus.) also, check this
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...=208456&page=2
and scroll down to the scripts. Might find useful.

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Old 01-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #14
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Thanks for the link DWJ! That'll definitely come in handy once I am to that stage. Right now I am just adding his personal items. He comes in later in the game, after Peragus and the first time to Telos, he might actually come in during Telos though, not entirely sure about WHERE he will come in. If anyone has any suggestions on that, let me know.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
UltimateHK47
Forumite

As long as you dont cut any of attons jokes im happy to suggest. Maybe at dantoine. I mean, Telos is a bit random, as in k1 its only mentioned with carth. Dantoine would suit a character who was tied to Revan. It just seems right. If it is Telos id say the secret ice acadamy.

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Old 01-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Hm, just one question for anyone who wants to answer it, how do you add a placeable or an NPC to a module, 'cause I do need to know that for this all to work.

EDIT: I have decided to replace T3 for this mod, as no one really likes him, and he is only of use during the Prologue and Peragus, and maybe a little in Telos...
Old 01-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #17
UltimateHK47
Forumite

So you want to place a npc or placeble on a map. NOT by script. 1st tell me, have you used K-GFF before? Or done any placement mapping or used the whereami armband?

EDIT: Jeez my post count is going up rapidly again!
EDIT2: Script way, great tutorial! http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143536

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Old 01-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #18
Dak Drexl

Helpful! 
Actually pretty sure every character has a role on Malachor, in TSLRCM that is...

Dak Drexl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #19
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
But come to think of it, I've never seen T3 on Malachor.....Quite strange that I never noticed it until now.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #20
FallenJedi1
Rookie

So, I've checked out everything that is restored for TSLRCM, and T3 doesn't have any part on Malachor that I have seen. So, I was thinking that I could replace him easily, without many problems. I am in the middle of fixing "The Rook's" character up a little bit, and I am soon going to try to add him to the party. I'm just going to edit Atton's dialogue as a Debug for the sake of this mod, and I will add an option to add or remove "The Rook", and replace or re-add T3 in the process.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #21
logan23
Veteran

Current Game: Revenge of Revan
Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Contest winner - Modding Hot Topic Starter 
I agree T3 would be the best option but you just have to make sure its after the quests which you need T3 for, ie Nar shadda

logan23 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #22
Canaan Sadow

Current Game: Pokemon & K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan23 View Post
I agree T3 would be the best option but you just have to make sure its after the quests which you need T3 for, ie Nar shadda
Only way you could be 100% positive that it was after Nar Shadaa is if you made him spawn on Malachor V :P
Canaan Sadow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #23
Fallen Guardian
Wandering the Galaxy...

Current Game: Knights of the Old Republic
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
You could always just spawn a T3 NPC on the Hawk after the PC has recruited the Rook, so they could still go about talking with T3 and gaining influence with him and such, but have the Rook take his party slot and normal spot on the Hawk. Then in the Nar Shadda quest you could do some tweaking and have the NPC T3 be used for the quest, rather than the NPC in T3's party slot. i.e. The Rook.

The truly fallen cannot return to the light. If someone "falls" and "returns," they never really, truly fell.

Current Work in Progress: Dantooine Tension

Released Works
Blaster Pistol Enhancement
Dustil Restoration
Ebon Hawk Texture Enhancement
Gaffi Stick Improvement
Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework (Thanks to Toasty Fresh!)
Sunry Murder Recording Enhancement
VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans - KotOR 1 Version
Fallen Guardian is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #24
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Im sure I posted the same thing about an NPC. Ah post 11. Since no one really takes him out, (at least i dont) though he has some nice little things on the hawk.

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Old 01-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #25
FallenJedi1
Rookie

Um, so I kind of messed up a reinstallation with K2, so I'm stuck without it for a while. I'm waiting for a couple of hours to see if it will reinstall for me or not.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #26
UltimateHK47
Forumite

MAke progress with the scripts and dialouge, (get the k2 .tlk file from star wars knights)
Good exuse to do them.

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Last edited by UltimateHK47; 01-15-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #27
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Ok, its been a while since this thread was updated, and im going to go straight to the point.

This project is dead, at least on my part, I've not heard from FG1 in months, ive lost all my files for this an theres nothing pushing me to restart. He may still be going, I do not know, but im out,

Finally, my badly reskinned Dark Jedi (I lost the improved version )

I did this a few months ago,

I think FG1 is avoiding me I said hi on steam and he signed off

-UHK

PS: Sweet 1k + Veiws

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Last edited by UltimateHK47; 05-10-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #28
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
Very interesting idea. It'd be nice if you were able to get the Rook into both KotORs. ATM, I'd say that's a bit over-ambitious. But we'll see.

CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #29
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptPriceless View Post
Very interesting idea. It'd be nice if you were able to get the Rook into both KotORs. ATM, I'd say that's a bit over-ambitious. But we'll see.
I actually had his character and dialog mostly done. I was doing the bulk of scripts and the quest journal entries. Then I lost all my files, even then it had been a while since I heard from FG1 and its been months since ive done any work on this. That first screen shot above of the skin is all I have left, some how I lost my updated version. Ill see if ive backed it up somewhere.

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #30
bendarby24
Rookie

Current Game: fable
if failing to recruit T3 you could do it over goto but before you get him in the game, i have been woundaring why no body done this. you could recruit him on telos and kill him off on narshadaa before geting goto. this would also work with hotor because it does mess with after you get goto. what do you think?
bendarby24 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #31
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendarby24 View Post
if failing to recruit T3 you could do it over goto but before you get him in the game, i have been woundaring why no body done this. you could recruit him on telos and kill him off on narshadaa before geting goto. this would also work with hotor because it does mess with after you get goto. what do you think?
That would work. Intresting idea. But tbh i wouldn't really want a party member for that short time. But it would be something for the player to do before picking up GO-TO. I wasn't doing the tsl project, and my game doesn't work atm -_-. Lets see what Fallen Jedi 1 thinks, if he comes on

EDIT: Regarding my last post about the screenie it seems to be lost. Ill keep searching though.

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Old 06-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #32
bendarby24
Rookie

the reason also for this idea is that i hate how all party members die in ruffly the same time peroid - at malacore (dark side) and also (atton light side) so it seems stuiped, this also mean you could add a nice new story line with telos
Old 06-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #33
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Quote:
the reason also for this idea is that i hate how all party members die in ruffly the same time peroid - at malacore (dark side) and also (atton light side) so it seems stuiped, this also mean you could add a nice new story line with telos
Can you explain this a little more, im confused :/ (its me being stupid, not you being bad at explaining)

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Old 06-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #34
bendarby24
Rookie

ok how to explian? ok, when playing tslcrm you get the option of killing a couple of party mebers at malacore, so 2 die then at malacore. then after that mira can die if you fail to kill hannhar, then visa and handmadan have a fight if you have low influnce with handmaiden, so one of them die. after that atton faces darth sion so if you fail he dies. finaly hk 47 kills goto. so in malacore overal all your party members can die if you know how to do it. this mean in a short amount of time a lot of your freinds have died after fighting incredable odds through the game. i just think it unbelvable that no one dies and then you have the option of every singal one of them dieing at ones! that why i like my idea of have a recruitable person you can kill off in the middle so its more belevable and creates a sad atmophere
Old 06-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #35
UltimateHK47
Forumite

Quote:
ok how to explian? ok, when playing tslcrm you get the option of killing a couple of party mebers at malacore, so 2 die then at malacore. then after that mira can die if you fail to kill hannhar, then visa and handmadan have a fight if you have low influnce with handmaiden, so one of them die. after that atton faces darth sion so if you fail he dies. finaly hk 47 kills goto. so in malacore overal all your party members can die if you know how to do it. this mean in a short amount of time a lot of your freinds have died after fighting incredable odds through the game. i just think it unbelvable that no one dies and then you have the option of every singal one of them dieing at ones! that why i like my idea of have a recruitable person you can kill off in the middle so its more belevable and creates a sad atmophere
I now understand. And I too, like that idea. It would add more realism, and make the player remember that he is not a god

The Turret Arcade 1.2 ^^

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Holowan Laboratories > Revan all Along [TSL]

Tags
fallenjedi1, revan, revan all along, unknown regions