lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Save game files damaged? Pls help me!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
Sinistra
Lurker

Save game files damaged? Pls help me!

Something is really not OK with my KotOR 2, because it does not load the saved game for a long time! It loads for a bit of time, then the whole stuff stops and I can wait even for a hour long, it does nothing, the stripe does not move anywhere. Before this saving it didn't do this and it loads the autosave file(which is accidentally deleted ), only not my own saving. Is it possible one of the files is damaged and if yes, what can I do? Hope someone can help me, because I'm going crazy, I don't wanna restart the whole game... :@
Sinistra is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
battle111
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR and LOTRO
Wink hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistra View Post
Something is really not OK with my KotOR 2, because it does not load the saved game for a long time! It loads for a bit of time, then the whole stuff stops and I can wait even for a hour long, it does nothing, the stripe does not move anywhere. Before this saving it didn't do this and it loads the autosave file(which is accidentally deleted ), only not my own saving. Is it possible one of the files is damaged and if yes, what can I do? Hope someone can help me, because I'm going crazy, I don't wanna restart the whole game... :@
Welcome to the forums!!!! and do you use some mods for tsl?? maiby one mod damaged your tsl???

Who you are light or dark hmm!!!

battle111 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Sinistra
Lurker

Hi, thanks
No, I don't use any mods, neither cheats and so on, so IDK what's the matter... :S
Old 11-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
battle111
Forumite

Well this bug that you spoken is very interesting but do you have installed the kotor 2 patch http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...ds-Patch.shtml

Last edited by battle111; 11-24-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
Sinistra
Lurker

Yeah, I was thinking about that what if it is just a simple bug.
I tried it, but actually I also have problem with the patch... none of them work, all of them says "old file not found however a file of the same name was found" :S I have US version, and I also tried to install the 1.0b update...
Old 11-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
battle111
Forumite

Unhappy

Quote:
Yeah, I was thinking about that what if it is just a simple bug.
I tried it, but actually I also have problem with the patch... none of them work, all of them says "old file not found however a file of the same name was found" :S I have US version, and I also tried to install the 1.0b update...
l see but wait a minute l had once this bug but l made a nobol sacrifase l reinstalled the game well funny thing was l was at the nar shadda final level(goto's yact) but some how when l tryed to make a save at nar shadda final level uf that bug appeared that you spoken the scripe just began saving and done it was only haf full scripe but l suggest to reinstall the game if you can that is l known that you don't want to reinstall the game but still you must try if still this bug appears then sorry my frend l wish you luck with this

Old 11-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
CptPriceless

Current Game: TSL
xBox version or PC?

If it's xBox, did you turn off your xBox while saving?

If it's PC, try deleting these folders:
currentgame
gameinprogress
temp

And then try loading your game again.

This is why multiple saves are good.

Last edited by CptPriceless; 08-02-2013 at 12:27 AM.
CptPriceless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #8
Sinistra
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptPriceless View Post
xBox version or PC?

If it's PC, try deleting these folders:
currentgame
gameinprogress
temp

And then try loading your game again.
Well, I didn't find these files
Old 11-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
Sinistra
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle111
l was at the nar shadda final level(goto's yact) but some how when l tryed to make a save at nar shadda final level uf that bug appeared that you spoken the scripe just began saving and done it was only haf full scripe
Yessss, Battle, the situation is the same! oO I also stopped at the escaping from Goto's yacht... Btw, I've already reinstalled the game, but it did not help. But thanks for your patience and help, I'm grateful you had a bit time for helping me.
CptPrincess, I will try what you advised, then we'll see
Old 11-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #10
battle111
Forumite

Unhappy

Quote:
Yessss, Battle, the situation is the same! oO I also stopped at the escaping from Goto's yacht... Btw, I've already reinstalled the game, but it did not help. But thanks for your patience and help, I'm grateful you had a bit time for helping me.
CptPrincess, I will try what you advised, then we'll see
Sorry if it didn't helped this how l fixed once when l had 7 diffrent saves at tsl well one was at nar shadda ofcourse but l'm very sorry if it didn't helped

Old 11-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Which US version are you using? Original CD, KotOR Collection DVD or Steam? It will only need to be patched if it's the original CD version.

When you have a corrupted save, the best thing to do is to go back to an earlier save. That's why it's highly recommended to save often, in several different slots.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
Sinistra
Lurker

I checked ALL of my maps, also the hidden ones and I don't find them But I also remember those folders, I saw them recently but now I just can't find them
Old 11-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
They should be in your main game folder.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #14
lucastims
Lurker

Current Game: kotor
Quote:
I am experiencing a similar problem. I am playing the first Kotor on a Xbox 360. I will try to load a game, but it won't load and says "Damaged Save". The only save that works is the autosave. I am playing with no mods or cheats. PLEASE help me!
lucastims is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Padawan's Lounge > Save game files damaged? Pls help me!