lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Gaming laptop advice?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
Darth333
Administraterror

Gaming laptop advice?

Hi all!

I am currently looking into buying a decent gaming laptop I can easily carry on with me as hand luggage (along with other stuff) and was wondering if you had any suggestions? Budget has elasticity: I will look at performance/portability...

I already have a decent desktop so please, don't bring the argument about how much better desktops can be for the same price: this is a comp I will be using during business travel which is about 10-15 days month and a desktop won't fit into my hand luggage (nor I would have the energy to carry it around airports)...
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
If money is no object, I'd get the Razer Blade, but, since I'm a cheapskate, I'd probably settle for the similarly-performing MSI GE40 2OC-009US for about a third less money and then figure out a way to cool it effectively.

Both weigh in at about 2 kilos.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
Darth333
Administraterror

Thanks, I will look into it...I've been in way too serious business lately and am way out of the loop when it comes to comp hardware...
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-06-2013, 02:42 AM   #4
Ranuy
Lurker

Lenovo offers quite a good gaming laptop

what's your budget?

Check this list for teh gaming laptops, compare the specific features

Last edited by mimartin; 10-25-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Ranuy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-25-2013, 01:45 AM   #5
Isaac Clarke

What's your budget? If you need a cheap, powerful laptop, I'd go with the MSI GT60. It's $600 less than the Razer, but at least 15% more powerful. You can also change the graphics card. If you need a laptop that outperforms anything else on the market, I recommend the Alienware 18 laptop. Be warned: it's expensive. You can also use SLI with it. It's more like a small desktop, though, because it has only a few hours of battery life.
Isaac Clarke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Community Discussion > General LFNetwork Forums > General Tech Discussion > Gaming laptop advice?