Thread: Where to get Upgrades for Companions
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
starkiller1157
Rookie

Where to get Upgrades for Companions

I'm playing the game via free play and I've run into a snag. I'm a Level 16 Jedi Guardian and have been able to upgrade the gear of my character, but anything I buy tells me I can't give to my companion Jedi or companion droid. I'm at a part where I'm battling a tough Sith and my droid or Jedi companion die pretty much immediately and then I can only manage to get the Sith's health down to half. I know I need to upgrade my companions armor and all, but where do I do this? Any help would be much appreciated because I basically can't play or progress any further.

"I've got a bad feeling about this!"
starkiller1157 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2013, 03:47 AM   #2
Hassat Hunter
Forumite

Usually you get several quest-rewards for your companions instead of yourself. They're usually enough (for me).
If however you pick the box or comms instead, yeah, they might get undergeared.

Try checking the GTN too for items they could wear and are better than their existing gear.
Hassat Hunter is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
also make sure you and your companion complement each other, if you are going with a Tank build, use Kira Carson, she is a damage companion, and vice versa, or maybe even use both DPS, as you may kill them before you die lol But yes, as Hassat said above, just pop on the GTN and search for some current level green or blue armor for them, Narrow it down by choosing the right armor weight and item in the search bar (Get the right stats too), and you can get a pretty good set up that will last you a few levels. I'd personally save your commendations for your own gear.

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Without going too much into it, it's a good idea to keep T7 up to date as much as possible even if you swap him for another companion later on. He'll become a lot more important by the time you reach the final part of the Jedi Knight story.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
adamqd
Jedi vs Sith

Forum Veteran The Walking Carpets Guild Member 
I know which part you mean lol, I didn't keep him updated by the way

adamqd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #6
starkiller1157
Rookie

Thank you! Will try this out next chance I get to play

"I've got a bad feeling about this!"
starkiller1157 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Game Discussion > Tython Temple > Where to get Upgrades for Companions

Tags
companion, upgrade