lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: "Save the Lightsaber !"
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-28-2001, 06:40 AM   #1
Mercenary_Turned_Jedi

"Save the Lightsaber !"

Who around here thinks that the Lightsaber should be your FIRST weapon you get in JK 2

"Is that a Lightsaber in your hand or are you just happy to see me ?"
Mercenary_Turned_Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2001, 10:04 AM   #2
Boba Rhett

That can't be his first weapon. He has to get his lightsaber back from Luke. I'm saying that his first weapon should be his good old Bryar.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2001, 10:19 AM   #3
Mercenary_Turned_Jedi

Bryar pistol ? Come on, man. How about a good old Stormtrooper rifle ?

Old 06-28-2001, 10:29 AM   #4
Boba Rhett

I don't know... it just seems like that would be too much power right of the bat. Maybe he shouldn't have any weapons at all until he get's his saber back.

That made me think, Will kyle be able to kick in JK2? I hope h'll be able to do acrobatic moves like Luke did in RotJ. That would rock.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2001, 10:37 AM   #5
Mercenary_Turned_Jedi

Yeah, I think he'll be able to kick. But should you target to kick ? That'll be fun, 'cuz then I can reaaly kick a character's butt.

Old 06-28-2001, 10:59 AM   #6
Mercenary_Turned_Jedi

Rhett, buddy are you still here ?

Old 06-28-2001, 02:40 PM   #7
Mafia_Jabba

One of those sticks from ANH

Every Man Dies, But Not Every Man Truely Lives
-check yoru grammer
Mafia_Jabba is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2001, 03:02 PM   #8
Ice Man

Perhaps in the first mission he should start off with no weapon at all and be forced to use fists and stealth to move around until he can reach Luke or whatever. It sounds bad actually, now that I write this, but it'd be fun, even if it doesn't fit the plot...

Back on the quest for the perfect sig!
Ice Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-28-2001, 05:26 PM   #9
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
im sure He'll have his trusty Bryar, i mean, Han doesnt go w/o HIS blaster, and since Kyle has given up his Jedi past temporarly, he wont have any qualms about using mundane blasters.

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-29-2001, 05:34 AM   #10
Mercenary_Turned_Jedi

That's true, but eh, why did Kyle really give up his powers as a Jedi ? C'mon, man. Fearful of the temptations of the dark side? That may as well make him a Sith already.
Like Yoda said:

Quote:
"A Jedi's strength, flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggresion. The Dark side of the Force are they. Quicker, easier, more seductive. Quick to join you in a fight."

Old 06-30-2001, 12:51 AM   #11
Edward_Zeth

I think the lightsaber was a sucky weapon to begin with in JK/MOTS and it should be removed

-iCOn- | -Wutangkillahbee7-
Edward_Zeth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2001, 01:04 AM   #12
bsbuckeye21

Red face

Har-har Killahwutangalangadingdong. Everyone's entitled to their own sensible opinion, but why do I get the feeling that you're here just to stirr things up?
bsbuckeye21 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2001, 01:06 AM   #13
Edward_Zeth

I'm not, I'm just here to share my beliefs and ask some questions which may make ones self think. I am a great Star Wars fan, therefore I belive the game JK2 should be EXCELLENT, which is why I give my opinion, to see how people would like it

Old 06-30-2001, 01:50 AM   #14
bsbuckeye21

So you say you're a Star Wars fan, but you don't like the lightsaber?! Do you eat cereal without milk?
Old 06-30-2001, 02:46 AM   #15
The Wanderer

weeeeell, in Wutang's defense, when I first played DF1 back in the day I thought it was kind of cool that you didn't play as a Jedi. SW has a few 3 different elements 2 it.

1.) the arena of Jedi knights, the force, the darkside, and lightsabers

2.) cool spaceships and fighters getting into dogfights, the X-Wing books

3.) Star Wars has a really cool underworld filled with smugglers, pirates, mafia, seedy bars, sabac, and underhanded deelings and double crosses

DF1 kind of fit into that third category, and I was all cool with that I was quite happy to play the part of the mercenary.

So it's possible to have a good star wars story/game without a lightsaber.

(Mind you, I still want JO to incluse the saber and a good saber interface, just playing a little devil's advocate here)

"Weeeeeeee!!! I just accidentally BLOOOOOOOOOOWED up the droid command ship, oopsie! he he he, say whatever happened to those other 100 driod command ships we saw orbiting the planet in the begining of the movie??? oopsie!!!! he he he"

-Anakin Skywalker (future Dark Lord of the Sith)
The Wanderer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2001, 02:48 AM   #16
bsbuckeye21

Thumbs up

I agree with ya Wanderer.
Old 06-30-2001, 02:54 AM   #17
Edward_Zeth

I don't really care, the saber sucked in JK1 in my opinion, I'd rather not have it, and have another gun in its place

Old 06-30-2001, 03:59 AM   #18
NeJJa

i think he should start out with the concussion rifle

^^^the above post is likely off topic^^^

"save the concussion rifles"
NeJJa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2001, 02:23 PM   #19
The Wanderer

then simply don't use the saber wutty. everyone gets to be happy

"Weeeeeeee!!! I just accidentally BLOOOOOOOOOOWED up the droid command ship, oopsie! he he he, say whatever happened to those other 100 driod command ships we saw orbiting the planet in the begining of the movie??? oopsie!!!! he he he"

Old 07-01-2001, 10:34 AM   #20
mattpitt

Red face

I agree how can you have a SW game in the FPS genre and hnot have a lightsabre um.....excuse me i think you should just GO HOME MR I HATE SABRES.
mattpitt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2001, 09:05 AM   #21
runab0ut

he should have just 2 rocks as his first weapon!

runab0ut is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2001, 10:34 AM   #22
Letalis

Smile

For those who can't, or choose not to use the Saber, my heart goes out to you.

If you're bored of JK, put it on hard, and as soon as you get the Saber, play only with that, see if you can be a true Jedi!

-Letalis

the Corner <--Under Construction

--There's not one shred of evidence that supports the notion that life is meant to be serious...
Letalis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2001, 05:59 PM   #23
mattpitt

Quote:
Originally posted by wutangkillahbee7:
<STRONG>I don't really care, the saber sucked in JK1 in my opinion, I'd rather not have it, and have another gun in its place</STRONG>
this cant be asw fan at all

Old 07-02-2001, 07:23 PM   #24
grezzer

Wink

When you went out to buy Dark Forces 2 did you read the full name of the game "Jedi Knight"? If you did why didn't you think that there would be lightsabers in the game if the title says Jedi Knight?

"we're not lost, we just don't know where we are!"
grezzer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2001, 09:45 PM   #25
C.H.A.S.

Good point grezzer.

My friends and I all liked the saber and i personally thought it added the Jedi aspect to the game even if he only had Force Powers. I mean a Jedi isn't a Jedi until he's passed the final test of constructing a lightsaber. Also how can you call yourself a Jedi if you've never deflected 100 lasers going 100mph from 100 stormtroopers back at the enemy and blew them up into 1,000 parts.

"The Fist Of Strength
Is No Match For
The Fist Of Knowledge" by me.
C.H.A.S. is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2001, 10:53 PM   #26
Bartolo_JCS

I think his first defense should be force powers until he picks up his next weapon being a saber, or a stormtrooper blaster, or bryar, If Jan is to return maybe Jan will have the old bryar on board the moldy crow. I don't know, wtf, who brought this up?

Bartolo_JCS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2001, 06:39 AM   #27
Xeph

Obi Wan:
Quote:
this cant be asw fan at all
Could you be any more ignorant? He said that he thought the saber sucked in JK. He didn't say he didn't like lightsabers. Even if he did say he didn't like lightsabers, he could very well be a huge fan of SW. You don't have to like lightsabers to like SW.

greezer:
Quote:
When you went out to buy Dark Forces 2 did you read the full name of the game "Jedi Knight"? If you did why didn't you think that there would be lightsabers in the gameif the title says Jedi Knight?
Where exactly did wutang say that he didn't think there would be lightsabers in the game? I fail to see any point whatsoever, as C.H.A.S. did...

Quote:
Good point grezzer.
Xeph is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2001, 07:56 PM   #28
Bartolo_JCS

yea I know, I really hate sabers but I like SW, lol the saber is the SW trademark man... if it didn't have a saber or the force it would be like any other scifi go watch some aliens dude...

Old 07-11-2001, 12:34 AM   #29
The Wanderer

it'd be like any other sci-fi without the sabers???? Aliens?????? are you nuts or just blind?

Christ, one of the best Star Wars book out there, The Paradise Snare contains not one single Jedi. How many lightsabers were there in the X-wing games?

In DF1 Kyle was a NON-force using sabature, and I liked that game more than JK in a lot of ways

Tie Fighter was only, eh, one of the best games of ALL time. (before Half Life it WAS PC Gamer's best game of all time)

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: The Wanderer ]

Old 07-11-2001, 05:23 PM   #30
CaptainRAVE
Jedi Rave

I reckon his first weapon should be one we havnt seen before just to get us hooked straight away

The force will betray you to me.
CaptainRAVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2001, 09:47 PM   #31
Bartolo_JCS

um in case you didn't know both luke and vader were both very great pilots and i hate to breat it to you but they were both "Jedi" you might have missed that part. but if you're not into true starwars then keep reading those jediless books and go watch some babylon 5 lmao

Old 07-13-2001, 01:25 AM   #32
acdcfanbill
..the wonders I have seen

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
are you knocking bablyon 5 cause they stole the x-wing design? lol

acdcfanbill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-14-2001, 01:56 PM   #33
The Wanderer

Can you please explain to me what the hell Luke and Vader being good pilots have ANYTHING to do with what I said to you? are you just an idiot, or did I miss something.

Are you trying to say that... Because Luke and Vader are good pilots, then therefore Tie Fighter (in which your character was neither Luke, Vader, or a Jedi, just a regular tie fighter pilot) was a bad game? Or because Luke and Vader were good pilots... so OBVIOUSLY the Paradise Snare was a bad book???

You do realize that "the force" is just a bad made-up pseudo-religion whose tenets as far as I can tell are just to "feel the force" (whatever the hell that means) and to pick up objects with your mind.

And how exactly is Star Wars without the jedi just like Aliens???? and you honestly can't tell the difference between Babylon 5 ans Star Wars without Jedi??? are you sure? because, for me it's rather easy.

Help me out here, because I'm trying real hard to follow you. is this the new math I've been hearing about? 2+2 = Florida. lmao

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: The Wanderer ]

Old 07-14-2001, 10:57 PM   #34
Bartolo_JCS

lol, no you fool, I don't even think you've played Tie Fighter all the way through. Tie Fighter is indeed one of the best games ever. I love it. Let me refresh your memory. 2+2 = Vader is in the Tie Fighter game. knock on wood... anyone home? You know who else is in Tie Fighter? a regular pilot at first who seeks the emperor's assistance later and joins the "inner circle". Please try to mention something without Jedi in it that you say is good and starwars related to back yourself up other than a book that no one has heard of.

Your arguments are way out of line here. You have no room to speak. If you reply again I will be entertained by what you have to say once again.

Let's see new one : "I'll bet you 5$ this guy is gonna watch Final Fantasy." *cackle*

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: Bart-=[JCS]=- ]

Old 07-15-2001, 04:25 AM   #35
The Wanderer

look, dork, Vader was in Tie Fighter for like 2 Damn missions. thats about a damn microfraction of the game. You join the inner circle, you do not become a jedi. And if for one second you say the coolest thing about that game was "becoming a jedi" or that there are Jedi in it and not that you're able to fly in and against ships in the Star Wars universe, you are either a bad liar or more of a moron than I gave you credit for new math kid. The game was Tie Fighter, not "Jedi Adventure With a Few Minor Piloting Elements".

And you also have a bad memory because I gave you more examples than just Tie Fighter. And please don't try to tell me Dark Forces was cool just because Darth Vader had a cameo in it, you'll have to do better than that.

JCS? what is that a "clan"? you're a bigger dork than I thought.

Old 07-15-2001, 12:07 PM   #36
PreTZeL

dont attack JCS...
and dont personally attack bart for that matter, be mature man, you and him both, theres no need to get agressive...
think about it

-26341985-markedcard0-

^^wants to get involved in a JK2 clan^^
PreTZeL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2001, 04:31 PM   #37
DeathBoLT

Quote:
JCS? what is that a "clan"? you're a bigger dork than I thought.
HEHE you guys are gettin pissed off over facts of a game... who you callin a dork? you're both dorks hehehe

#nar
irc.enterthegame
#nar.. THE channel for Jedi Knight 2 players
DeathBoLT is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2001, 07:40 PM   #38
mattpitt

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer:
<STRONG>Can you please explain to me what the hell Luke and Vader being good pilots have ANYTHING to do with what I said to you? are you just an idiot, or did I miss something.

Are you trying to say that... Because Luke and Vader are good pilots, then therefore Tie Fighter (in which your character was neither Luke, Vader, or a Jedi, just a regular tie fighter pilot) was a bad game? Or because Luke and Vader were good pilots... so OBVIOUSLY the Paradise Snare was a bad book???

You do realize that "the force" is just a bad made-up pseudo-religion whose tenets as far as I can tell are just to "feel the force" (whatever the hell that means) and to pick up objects with your mind.

And how exactly is Star Wars without the jedi just like Aliens???? and you honestly can't tell the difference between Babylon 5 ans Star Wars without Jedi??? are you sure? because, for me it's rather easy.

Help me out here, because I'm trying real hard to follow you. is this the new math I've been hearing about? 2+2 = Florida. lmao

[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: The Wanderer ]</STRONG>
I have a brilliant idea. SHUTUP.LOL

STar Wars would be nothing without us Jedi's and wtf are u on about the force is a bad made up thing. Like hell the whole star wars thing revolves around the jedi, the force and the sith!!

So therefore i think u should go home.
Old 07-16-2001, 12:54 AM   #39
The Wanderer

I hate to break it to you Obi... but the force doesn't really exist. it IS a made up thing.

and wether or not you want to believe it, there ARE other cool things in star wars besides Jedi.

Old 07-16-2001, 03:00 AM   #40
Jimi-Wan

wow, quite a fight we have here.

Obi Wan does have a point, but its not 100% true. oh hails yes the jedi helped SW become the big thing it is now, but it wasn't the only thing, atleast for me.

now, i do agree w/ wanderer, there are a lot of cool things in the SW universe other than Jedi(droids, X-Wings, blasters, all the alien species, HAN FRIGGIN SOLO!, to name a few of many).

but, i also disagree w/ wanderer about the force... to a point. now, when GL first wrote SW, he got many of the ideas about the force from mythology and whatnot. so, the force was made up, but from mythology. so it seems its up to us to figure out if the myths are true, and if there is a
Quote:
mystical force controlling everything
oh, by the way wanderer, i know what your thinking...
Quote:
theres no mystical force controlling my destiny
i think this thread has taken a whole new direction, dont you?

"You must do what you feel is right."
Jimi-Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > "Save the Lightsaber !"