lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Question about JK2 and system specs
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-19-2002, 10:52 PM   #1
TressAIrway

Question about JK2 and system specs

just a quick question, im getting a new graphics card when i buy jk2, the type of card will be a ATI RADEON 32MB PCI, and i have 256 RAM. with a pentium 3. how will will jk2 run on my system? if this is not enough info i would be happy to provide more, just send me an e mail asking for the extral info. my e mail is go_69ers@hotmail.com

thanks again
TressAIrway is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2002, 11:36 PM   #2
Coligeon

Have you played Quake 3 on your system before? How did it do on the default settings? This game will slightly compare to that of JO. I think it will run moderately well with your setup. No worries, but you won't know for sure until you get the game ^_^. Good luck
Coligeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 12:05 AM   #3
Valdarious

Just an question, but if you are getting a pentium 3 why not go for an AGP card instead of a PCI. Getting a 64meg card does wonders for any game, more memory on the card the less laggy high resolutions are.
Valdarious is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 12:08 AM   #4
SaberPro
00 Agent

Few suggestions...

- Use AGP instead of PCI
- Get a 64MB or 128MB video card instead of 32MB
- Get GeForce 2 MX over ATI RADEON 32MB PCI, almost the same price

SaberPro
Alliance of the Jedi (AOJ)
ZoneFriend = AOJ_SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
SaberPro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 03:05 AM   #5
Jedi Nizar

Hi, I have a question:
I have a ATI Rage 32 MB,
I will buy a new Graphic Card. A friend of mine gave me a nice price for a new G128A AOPEN (R) GF3 TI200 TV-Out 128MB for 229 Euro (I think it's about 240 US Dollars$), what do you think
is it a good deal? or should I buy something betters.

The price are ehmmm. OK for German life Style a bit expensive but not so much.

"It will be a hard life, one without reword, without remorse without regret. a path is placed before you, there are choices that you must learn. Do waht you think you can not do. It will be a hard life, but you will find out who you are." Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn
Jedi Nizar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 03:43 AM   #6
JediDante

Yeah but the thing is! Is that he might be like me and can't buy a AGP card because are pc's don't have one! Beleive me if I could buy a GF4 now I would!

But I only have a PCI slot so I'm maxed out on Graphic Cards.

P3 766mhz,
512MB ram,
Geforce2/MX 400 64MB
DSL

I should be able to run JO good! I can run RTCW on 1024x76432bit with everything on high and I get a good 30FPS
only some spots I got low FPS not alot.

Half Man. Half Demon. Pure Vengeance.
JediDante is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 07:41 AM   #7
Desslock

AGP is better than PCI. Lots better. Grab an upgraded motherboard if you can. It is worth the investment.. this coming from someone who had 2 PCI video cards and then upgraded to AGP.

By the way, 40-60+ FPS should be the goal for tweaking your system out. 30 is a bit slow for some of us
Desslock is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-20-2002, 07:42 AM   #8
TressAIrway

sorry about one thing, i meant to say that i alredy have a pentium 3, but in reality its a celeron but i call it a pentium 3 because everytime i load RTCW it says my system has a pentium 3 or something equivalent to it. now on the the PCI deal, my computer was built with PCI slots only so i got screwed on that. oh well i think ill stilll be able to run the sucker well. thanks everyone!
TressAIrway is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Question about JK2 and system specs