lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Clan [JK2N]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-22-2002, 08:17 AM   #1
Aristotle
Seeker of Justice

LFN Staff Member 
Exclamation Clan [JK2N]

As posted on the main page:

We have always openly discussed our intention to eventually recruit some of the best players in the world to be on an officially sponsored JKII.Net clan. Well, now that the community has had an opportunity to test drive Jedi Knight II, the time has come to hold tryouts for clan [JK2N]

The details are simple. We're looking for some of the best players in the world to participate with clan [JK2N]. Yes, you can already be in another clan, since clan [JK2N] will likely play mainly special event tournaments. Naturally, we'll host the clan's site right here on JKii.net.

It's time for you to sharpen up your saber skills and get ready for tryouts. Shortly we'll be announcing tryout dates and sign-ups. Your first match? It's not totally written in stone yet, but it looks like clan [JK2N]'s first match may be against who else? The best Raven Software can offer... that's right, we're looking to put [JK2N] against Raven in what will be an Internet broadcast event (Radio)... so it will be an exciting first match to say the least. Keep an eye out for sign-up details coming shortly!

**Also, if you would like to provide a server for tryouts and/or special event matches, contact ChrisC3pO (chrisc3po@lfnetwork.com) with your server specs. Any help in that department is most appreciated. Stay tuned for more details!
Aristotle is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 10:18 AM   #2
Crazyredneck86

I want to be the first to try out...

'yoh duh' in game

Peace, till we fight
Crazyredneck86 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 10:47 AM   #3
Yoda_623
GoodFella

Hmmmmm......sounds interesting. I think I might give it a try.
Yoda_623 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 11:26 AM   #4
NK_Zephorath

This is crazy. Everyone knows about the tv show pop stars right? This is just like that. This is an insult to all of those who have spent a HUGE amount of time building a team, and learning to work with each other to the point where they can read each other's minds.

If there is one thing I like about this, its that this team will NOT be able to compete with teams like the one I have just described. You can take the best players, but that doesn't mean they can work together.
NK_Zephorath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 11:31 AM   #5
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
hehe... now we can show the Raven team what we mean about assfighting or backstabbing and show them what it's really like *rubs hands together*

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 01:45 PM   #6
SaberPro
00 Agent

Try me out

SaberPro
Alliance of the Jedi (AOJ)
ZoneFriend = AOJ_SaberPro

"The Force is with you young Skywalker...but you are not a Jedi yet!" - Darth Vader
SaberPro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 01:51 PM   #7
Lord Sokar

I certainly qualify... if it's a 1.02 server.

<System Lords> | OC-3
66.98.176.218:29070 - Saber only, increased saber damage, reduced blocking, custom map rotation and more to come.
Lord Sokar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 02:16 PM   #8
OnlyOneCanoli
Paranoid Bandroid

Woohoo! I was beginning to wonder if this clan would ever come to be, but apparently it has. I think I'll give it a shot. I'm sure I'm not one of the best players here, but I'm all for fun and competition.
OnlyOneCanoli is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 03:49 PM   #9
Adi_Sunrider

ummmm.....interesting this sounds....sign up fof trial i do.....padawan again i become.....force is strong in people who sign up here......sign up i do...but disagree i do......may the chosen be selected....May the force be with you all........... need it you will.......
Adi_Sunrider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2002, 04:49 PM   #10
The Truthful Liar
In-Transit

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Riiiight... hey where's the sticky? Shouldn't this be sticky?

no STICKY STICKY?

"Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues."
The Truthful Liar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2002, 08:11 AM   #11
Deetox187

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Sokar
I certainly qualify... if it's a 1.02 server.
Sokar no offense but you aren't THAT good, i've played you a few times and all you use is heavy stance and do lots of DFA's (the best players use all the stances). I can beat you almost every time and i wouldn't even consider myself good enough to join this jk2n clan. Besides they will obviously be playing the patched game so us 1.02 old schoolers wouldn't be allowed to join anyways.
Deetox187 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2002, 09:34 AM   #12
-[MotU]-Lyger|=-
The Greatest Title

i'd like to try out, no sure id make it. but i would still be alot of fun to try out. first i got a few questions: where and when?

-=|Lyger|=-

I can't deny my heroic rutes.
-[MotU]-Lyger|=- is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2002, 10:30 AM   #13
Krash

After this allstar team takes on Raven, my team wants a shot at the "best jk2 players in the world." Find us in #valar on irc.enterthegame.com.

edit: this is FF CTF right?

-V- Krash
Team Valar
Krash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2002, 10:46 AM   #14
DSbr-matt

hi

i am the best player in the world
DSbr-matt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2002, 10:47 AM   #15
Krash

dsbr matt, how does it feel to be THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD?????

-V- Krash
Team Valar
Krash is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-23-2002, 01:13 PM   #16
g3netix

obviously

he is a liar because i am the best jk2 player in the world with mat being a close second behind me. after all he is my padawan trainee he should be my #1 successor.

DSbr-Logan
http://www.teamdsbr.com
DSbr > you

also lets be honest valar you would lose to us.
g3netix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2002, 03:19 AM   #17
Adi_Sunrider

DSbr-Matt i just had a look at ur website and the members of your clan are the scariest thing ive seen since yesturday..i freaked out..and deetox ur good, cose ive played with you before...
Adi_Sunrider is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2002, 03:38 AM   #18
Inviction

Hi, i play for Jedi* (top ranked clanbase tdm clan)
Came 2nd in Jolt duel tourny - Proceeded to play the winner and beat him nf

Came 2nd in Wireplay ffa tourny

In the battlestats JK2 wow i got the highest Player Win/Lost ratio (75/3)

Not braggin ,just wanna give Raven a good spanking

[Sn] - Shusen
http://www.clanhk.tk
#jk2.sn - irc.quakenet.eu.org
Inviction is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-24-2002, 06:20 AM   #19
g3netix

for real

if raven wants to pay me to play for their allstar team then id be more than willing.

however i believe that you could save a lot of time by just sponsoring our team, Darksaber http://www.teamdsbr.com

i feel this way because we are still currently undefeated in every aspect of jedi knight 2 that we have ventured into as a team, team deathmatch nf and ff and even ctf ff as nobody will play us in nf.

i would be more than happy to lend our teams server which is hosted in detroit.

and anyone that believes their team is actually better than ours i would be more than willing to accept any and all challenges on TWL, http://www.teamwarfare.com or you can stop by #dsbr on irc.enterthegame.com and talk to either myself, matt, or narbes about setting up a game/scrim whatever you want.

thanks for your time.
Old 06-25-2002, 12:20 AM   #20
malinkie

I'll give it a go but i'm not promising anything. Unlike the guys in here who couldnt get their heads to fit through doors anymore.

MaLiNkIe

Diplomacy is when you tell someone to go to hell and make it sound like the greatest trip ever.
malinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 12:25 AM   #21
FatalStrike

the best players do what?

Quote:
Originally posted by Deetox187

Sokar no offense but you aren't THAT good, i've played you a few times and all you use is heavy stance and do lots of DFA's (the best players use all the stances). I can beat you almost every time and i wouldn't even consider myself good enough to join this jk2n clan. Besides they will obviously be playing the patched game so us 1.02 old schoolers wouldn't be allowed to join anyways.

What are your names in JKII? You sound like you both need a good saber only butt whooping.

But you are right us old school 1.02 guys will never get a chance to join this clan. I have hope that the new patch (AND YES YOU SILLY FOOLS THERE WILL BE A 1.04) will come out in soon and I will be able to play with a larger pool of victims again.

On the bright side my clan already owns 1.02 FFA saber only so I have no need for another clan.
FatalStrike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 12:51 AM   #22
Lord Sokar

^ I have no idea what this fool is spouting off about. I have no freaking clue who he is, and he damn sure doesn't know all the names I play under. If he had beat me so badly, I would have remembered his name, but alas, I do not.

I saw him hyping up [yoda] in another thread, he is no doubt one of the members. Probably mad because I wouldn't join, two of themcame to try me out and couldn't understand why I wouldn't stick around to play with a 400 ping.

Screw a clan anyway, every clan I've ever encountered on my main server including -tw- (tiny wankers), [yoda] and especially [sc] were very very bad save maybe a single memeber.

Where's your server at FatalStrike? Is it open? I would like to check it out sometime. Stop by 216.187.225.236. I might be in there as Master Sokar, I might be in there as someone else, who knows? Eh, whatever.

<System Lords> | OC-3
66.98.176.218:29070 - Saber only, increased saber damage, reduced blocking, custom map rotation and more to come.
Lord Sokar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 02:28 AM   #23
JR2000Z
Ass-hole Extaordinaire

Wonder how good RAVEN will be.
JR2000Z is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 07:17 AM   #24
teutonicknight
Morpheus

Playing Against Raven?

Well, I got Jk II two weeks ago and Im the worst player ever.... but I think it will be fun to find out how fast I'll lose....

Losing in 10 secs means I'm really, really bad
Losing in 15 secs means I'm really bad
Losing in 20 secs means I'm bad
Losing in 25 secs, by being sniped by the alt attack of the E- 11 Blaster Rifle means I'm almost an initiate player!

teutonicknight is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 09:58 AM   #25
Deetox187

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Sokar
^ I have no idea what this fool is spouting off about. I have no freaking clue who he is, and he damn sure doesn't know all the names I play under. If he had beat me so badly, I would have remembered his name, but alas, I do not.

I saw him hyping up [yoda] in another thread, he is no doubt one of the members. Probably mad because I wouldn't join, two of themcame to try me out and couldn't understand why I wouldn't stick around to play with a 400 ping.

Screw a clan anyway, every clan I've ever encountered on my main server including -tw- (tiny wankers), [yoda] and especially [sc] were very very bad save maybe a single memeber.

Where's your server at FatalStrike? Is it open? I would like to check it out sometime. Stop by 216.187.225.236. I might be in there as Master Sokar, I might be in there as someone else, who knows? Eh, whatever.
LOL first of all i'm not in a clan and i sure as hell didn't "hype up" any clans in another thread like you claim. People always try to recruit me too but i'm not into the whole clan scene. Second i change names a fair bit also, i go by Deetox sometimes, Blerg and Count Mooku are other names i have used on your server. I'm sure you remember Blerg don't you?

Like you said i don't know what other names you use, but when you are Master Sokar i have beat you almost every time. Don't get me wrong, you are good, you can kill me and our scores end up relatively close but the point i was trying to get across is that you by no means qualify as one of the best players in the world. Doesn't sound to me like you've ever been up against a player like that, well i have and let me tell you those guys would wipe the floor with you (as they did to me).

Not to mention you whore strong stance and get most of your kills with the DFA, sorry but that is a noob move that anyone can use to rack up their score in 1.02 so forgive me if i'm less than impressed. I DFA too but i don't rely on it like that, i take pride that the majority of my kills come by using a combination of the stances and moves. At any rate you might not see me on your server again until you add some more maps to the rotation because i am flat out sick of Bespin every single time. PLEASE add some more maps!
Old 06-25-2002, 10:51 AM   #26
NK_Zephorath

I'd rather see a Valar vs. DSbr match than this JK2N crap.
NK_Zephorath is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-25-2002, 11:06 AM   #27
g3netix

it would be a blowout as dsbr walks away victorious.
Old 06-25-2002, 10:49 PM   #28
FatalStrike

whore heavy stance?

Quote:
Originally posted by Deetox187

Not to mention you whore strong stance and get most of your kills with the DFA, sorry but that is a noob move that anyone can use to rack up their score in 1.02 so forgive me if i'm less than impressed. I DFA too but i don't rely on it like that, i take pride that the majority of my kills come by using a combination of the stances and moves. At any rate you might not see me on your server again until you add some more maps to the rotation because i am flat out sick of Bespin every single time. PLEASE add some more maps!
Since when is it required that people play by YOUR rules? You don't like that he uses heavy stance too much, too bad! you think the fact that you use different stances makes you better? Well I have news, its all about who wins the duel, not what stance they win it in.
FatalStrike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2002, 01:25 AM   #29
BlackDove
Resident Jackass

I suck too much to apply for this...

There are only two constants in this world.
1. I kill you.
2. You cry for a lightsabre damage nerf.
BlackDove is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2002, 07:38 AM   #30
Hey There!

How come the jediknightii.net clan can't make the team consist of their staff? Does that make sense? Otherwise, it's really not the jediknightii.net clan is it? It'll be just a clan that they sponsor.

Hello!
Hey There! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2002, 07:42 AM   #31
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons

Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
"We have always openly discussed our intention to eventually recruit some of the best players in the world to be on an officially sponsored JKII.Net clan."
Boba Rhett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2002, 08:50 AM   #32
GUNNER
Forums Juggernaut

Current Game: Half-Life Episode 2
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
One thing I want to see is a lot less bitching. If some one wants to try out and you think they suck ,well then keep your pie hole closed.

It's not your decission on who makes it or not.

Understood?

And as far as you DSbr ladies go. We don't need you to litter up this thread with your over inflated egos bragging about how good you are.

because no matter how good you might be there is always someone better then you who is just waiting to make you go running home crying to yor momma.

Comprende?

Good...........

King Stallion & Ex-Super Moderator <---forced retirement
Nuff said!
GUNNER is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2002, 09:40 AM   #33
Deetox187

Re: whore heavy stance?

Quote:
Originally posted by FatalStrike

Since when is it required that people play by YOUR rules? You don't like that he uses heavy stance too much, too bad! you think the fact that you use different stances makes you better? Well I have news, its all about who wins the duel, not what stance they win it in.
I never said i wanted him to play by my rules you dolt, hell i would say 95% of peeps that play 1.02 whore strong stance (as i'm sure you do too) so i'm plenty used to it. But you see there is a reason why that 95% whore strong, because it is MUCH EASIER TO GET KILLS WITH than any other stance in 1.02. You guys go ahead and take the easy route if you want, at least i have the balls to use the weaker stances for some of my kills. I could whore strong too and my scores would definetly be higher but i don't like fighting like a pussy all the time.
Old 06-26-2002, 11:41 AM   #34
Hey There!

Quote:
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
"We have always openly discussed our intention to eventually recruit some of the best players in the world to be on an officially sponsored JKII.Net clan."
Quote:
Originally posted by Hey There!
How come the jediknightii.net clan can't make the team consist of their staff? Does that make sense? Otherwise, it's really not the jediknightii.net clan is it? It'll be just a clan that they sponsor.
It will just be a clan that they sponsor so it WILL NOT be the jediknightii.net clan. Thank you for proving my point. It should not be called the jediknightii.net clan becuz it is not the staff that makes it up, rather the best in the world. A clan made up of the staff from jediknightii.net is what this clan should be about.

Hello!
Hey There! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2002, 10:02 PM   #35
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Who's to say us staffers dont fit into that catagory of 'best in the world'?

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 02:33 AM   #36
Agen
The Spoon Guy

what grade of bribes do you take
Agen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 07:45 AM   #37
legameboy
Pirate Flavored

Thumbs down WHORE TOURNAMENT

ive joined and rejoined clans it doesnt make sense, who wants to join a clan? im happy to be a freelancer, and you DSLR whatever guys, no wonder you always win you freak people out!

Any ^ means that I won't paticitipate in this tournament (but who cares if I do) and that the people in DSRL is really scary. But I might particitpate to be in good sport...
legameboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 07:59 AM   #38
Vagabond
LFN Staff Emeritus

Cool Guy

An interesting point has been raised - would people want and expect to play against us, the JKII staff, as part of a JKII.net team/clan?

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players...
Vagabond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 05:40 PM   #39
GonkH8er

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I think they just see us as oversee-ers of the community, and not actual gamers, which is incorrect. News posters, Admin, Forum mods... most are gamers too.

GonkH8er-
Ian@lfnetwork.com
JediKnight.net JediKnightII.net
GonkH8er is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2002, 08:44 PM   #40
Vagabond
LFN Staff Emeritus

Cool Guy

Well, ya, that should go without saying I mean, it's not like we come from some special planet where all the moderators, writers, and news-posters dwell

We were all drawn to this place because of the games they support. I'm not here saying that I'm as good at JO as I was at MotS - I'm not. But I play a pretty good duel game.

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players...
Vagabond is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Jedi Outcast > Clan [JK2N]