lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Sarapin pt. 2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-08-2000, 02:18 AM   #1
tk421why

Question Sarapin pt. 2

I keep getting toasted on Sarapin pt. 2. The farthest I've made it is a 1/4 way up the ramp when I run out of time. I've tried moving artillery into place to blow up the rebel airfield to get rid of the pesky airspeeders, as they are a huge hindrance to the mission. Am I wasting my time? What has anyone else done to make it in time?
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-08-2000, 03:04 AM   #2
Ol$cratch

Thumbs up

Her is a strat that worked for me, you need to go right for the ramp if you use tis plans, make a group of at-aa's(5 or 6 at least) make this squad 1, then make a group of at-pt's and at-st's, say 6 and 4 respectively, make this group 2, senmd group 2 to the base of the ramp and allow them to mop up the ground troops, after they are done send group 1(your AA) up the ramp, after they deal with the speeders send group 2 the rest of the way up , make sure and leave group 1 at the SW conrer of the ramps, when the coast is clear sned a troop carrier with dellis and 5 Stormtroopers up to the drilling platform, after that you have all the time in the world, save often and crush the rebellion.
Old 05-09-2000, 04:23 AM   #3
TerrorMaroon

You need to make sure you don't waste too much time capturing the energy generators.

The intersection from the valley where you start to where you have to pass to get to the ramp must be guarded by several turrets to beat off counterattacks.

I would have at least four or five groups of forces:
1. AT-ST's
2. AT-AA's
3. AT-PT's
4. Stormtroopers
5. Dellis and stormtroopers in the armored car.

Advance each group up the ramp, one right after the other. Keep them close so they can defend each other. It probably is a good idea to leave the AT-AA's on the third leg of the ramp. Send the rest of the forces up the ramp and have the AT-ST's take care of the tanks at top. I didn't know if the mobile attillery was available then. I took care of all the defenses at the top before getting dellis up there to stop the drill. I pretty much piled on as many forces as possible because I lost alot on the way up.
Old 05-10-2000, 08:17 PM   #4
tiger61378

Lightbulb

Something which everyone seems to be forgetting is that mobile artillery is available for this mission too. Here's the strategy which takes care of airborne opposition completely, and you DON'T have to spend all your time worrying about the speeders.....

Take a unit of 6 PTs, 6 AAs, 4 STs, and 4-6 Mobile Artillery units.......Use the PTs & STs to mop up ground forces at the base of the ramp (you can even deploy yr artillery if you want), then undeploy the artillery if you have it set up, and head up the ramp under AA cover...Set your AA's to 1, your PTs/STs to 2, and your MA to 3, then just have groups 2 & 3 follow group 1 (shift/rightclick on one of the AAs with 2 or 3 selected). When you get up by the rebel airbase, set up your artillery, & order them to pound on the base.....Meanwhile, your AAs will pound on any speeders in the area, and your PTs & STs can head up to the top unmolested. Once you've got the rebels cleared from the area, send up your transport w/ Dellis, and take the drill.....Once that airbase is dead, you can use the artillery to also pound on all the rebel structures below the ramp, and shorten your mission considerably.

This is a strategy which I designed after beating the mission twice, and learning that the mobile artillery is one of the most overlooked units in the game, but also one of the most versatile....Definately worth using on this mission, esp since it lets you turn off the Airspeeder tap that the rebel scum is using.

------------------
"If there's a bright center to the universe, I'm on the planet its farthest from...."
Old 05-10-2000, 09:12 PM   #5
TerrorMaroon

Wink

I need to go back and replay all of those earlier missions. When I played this scenario, I didn't know about TIE Fighters or mobile artillery.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars Classic Gaming > 2. Star Wars Gaming > Star Wars RTS Central > Sarapin pt. 2