lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Problem w/ Windoze XP
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-21-2003, 06:18 PM   #1
Adam Baker

Problem w/ Windoze XP

Ok, Im having a problem when I play RG 3D w/ Windoze XP. THe game seems to be very unstable. It crashes on me quite a bit. All it takes to crash the game, is to click a button on the mouse, or joystick, or hit a button the keyboard. But it only does this while in a loading sequence, such as when the game is loading, or between when you select your vehicle for a particular mission.

I have already dl'd one patch, that seemed to help to start out w/, before I got that, it wouldnt play at all. Im just wondering if there is a more up to date patch, or something else that i need to get, in order to make the game work properly. I love the game, and its a blast to play, so needless to say, its pretty frustrating to have to work around the constant crashing so I can play it.
Adam Baker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-24-2003, 11:53 PM   #2
LukA_YJK

Current Game: Rogue Squadron 3D
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
You can look at www.LucasArts.com for patches, but as far as I know there is not any new patch long since...

LukA_YJK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2003, 01:54 PM   #3
JediFather

I ran into this last night while training my 5 year old son and found a workaround. Locate the application icon in Windows Explorer, right click on it and select properties. Then go to advanced. Find the tab that allows you to run the program in 640x480 mode. Apply the settings and click ok. Now the program should run fine.
JediFather is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2003, 02:53 PM   #4
Jedi Skywalker

Location: Look behind you, if you hear a lightsaber hiss and a purple balze.....you're too late!
Maybe the problem is which Windows you've got on your comp. There are certain games who want play under Windows 2000 or XP, maybe you can play the game but it's unstable because of that.

Looking for me? Well, here you can find me!

www.echonetwork.net
www.jediknightiii.board.dk3.com/2/
Jedi Skywalker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-29-2003, 05:12 PM   #5
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Find the exe file for the game,

Right Click > Properties > Compatibility Tab > put a check in the box next to "Run Program in Compatibility mode for" > and select Windows 98 or whatever.

It solves some of my compatibilty issues. Especially with Homeworld it did.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 2. Rogue Squadron > Tech Centre > Problem w/ Windoze XP