lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Voices on Fate of Atlantis
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-15-2000, 08:04 AM   #1
toby

Unhappy Voices on Fate of Atlantis

I just downloaded FOA from abandonware, and there is no voice sound (music/backgraound works and dialog bubbles appear). Is this normal? Or is there some way to change the options for sound or the DOS settings for the IRC ports for this game? Maybe I just have a rogue download.
Thanks.
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-16-2000, 10:44 AM   #2
nd

You mean the so-called talkie version of FOA, it's a special "enhanced CD-ROM edition" which was released in 1993.

I assume you've got the normal version of 1992 which only has MIDI music and text dialogues (if there ain't a 150MB file named 'monster.sou' you don't have the talkie version).

If you are an US resident you can still purchase it at Lucasarts' on-line store. Here in Europe it is not available anymore.

Took me half a year to find the talkie version at eBay, payed more than $200 for it, but now I'm a proud owner. Sorry, won't sell it ;-)

Roland
nd is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > IndyJones.net > General Discussion > Strategy / Hints Discussion > Voices on Fate of Atlantis