lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Unable to install Grim Fandango
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-24-2003, 09:51 PM   #1
Solariee

Unable to install Grim Fandango

My mom's had the game for some time now, and it was lost for awhile. She always raved about it and she's been finished playing it for awhile. We found it again, and I've been trying to install it, but with no luck. It tells me it's missing _setup.LIB and something else. The files are sitting right there in the same folder and the program has been run before with no problems. Anyone able to tell me how I can play the game?

I'm running Windows XP, Athlon 1800+ with 256 DDR. I heard there were issues with running it on a computer that's too fast, but I can't even get it to install.
Solariee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2003, 04:22 PM   #2
Sanspoof

Try installing it again. I'm not that good with WindowsXP as I'm still back in the stone age with my Windows 98. Better just wait for some technical expert guy to come along.
Sanspoof is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2003, 04:24 PM   #3
Solariee

I've tried it a few times, and still no luck. Still gives me the same error, saying files aren't there that are.
Old 04-25-2003, 04:41 PM   #4
GendoTheGreat
What a crock

Where does it say the files are missing? On the hard drive or the CD?

Jolly good.
GendoTheGreat is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2003, 09:11 PM   #5
Solariee

On the CD. It says "Please make sure the setup.exe file contains" and then the DLL files. They're sitting right there, but for some reason, it's not seeing that. I even tried copying the whole CD to my hard drive. No difference.
Old 05-18-2003, 08:53 AM   #6
James Isaac

LFN Staff Member 
You should ask LucasArts technical support. They will know about the files in their game.

James Isaac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-20-2003, 05:58 AM   #7
Solariee

If anyone's interested to note, I figured out how to fix it. If anyone else has this problem? Copy the files from the CD into your Windows/Temp directory and then run Setup.exe from there.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > Glottis' Garage > Unable to install Grim Fandango