lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Hangar Holo Stuff?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-01-2003, 11:07 AM   #1
RIFA_StealthMan

Question Hangar Holo Stuff?

Hey everybody, I'm working on a B-2 Frigate Map and I am doing the hangars, now does anyone know what texture/special method you need to use to make that Blue Holo-looking stuff that is almost like a giant door, theres a great example in the Deathstar level, but I couldn't figure out how to open it in the editor to see how they did it. I did manage to find a few textures from the doomgiver called things like energy and energything. If anyone knows how to do this please help.

pH34r /\/\3 /\/\0|-+47!

RIFA, With grace we suffer. With grace we shall recover.
RIFA_StealthMan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2003, 03:06 PM   #2
rgoer

Check out the thread "See-Thru Wall?" from a couple of days ago; Chopper was asking this exact question, and it was answered pretty clearly.
rgoer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2003, 03:34 PM   #3
aazell

Don't you just make a func_wall and colour it in a force feild shader?
aazell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-04-2003, 06:13 PM   #4
rgoer

No.

You make a brush, texture the "force-field" face of it with something like the "energything" textures (from doomgiver or common, I can't remember), and texture the other five faces of the brush with "nodraw."

You could, of course, make your own shader. Preferably one with the "cull none" property... I'm not sure if "energything" has this.
rgoer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2003, 07:14 AM   #5
aazell

Ahhh

Thanx

You could use func_wall if you want to turn the force feild on and off though right?
aazell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Hangar Holo Stuff?