lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: People I would like to praise
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-19-2003, 05:18 PM   #1
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

People I would like to praise

I just thought that the "people i would like to kill" thread was a bit on the negative side. Its not healthy to wallow in ones hatred, so I created this happy little thread. I'll start things off:

...damn, this is hard...

Quentin Tarantino- I used to not be to crazy about him or his movies, but then I saw the Kill Bill trailer, now I love him more than ever. If you haven't seen the Kill Bill trailer, WATCH IT

That guy- I don't know his name, but I read in a newspaper that this guy was climbing a big cliff, when a big boulder fell on his arm, so he couldn't move. He stayed there for three days, until he decided to cut his arm off with a knife, and wrap his shirt around the bloody stump. Then the guy walked to the hospital. wow.

...thats all I can think of right now...

its someone elses turn
sheaday6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2003, 05:56 PM   #2
elTee
beatnik

The International House of Mojo Staff LFN Staff Member 
Adam Hart Davis - he does all the "what the tudors / romans etc did for us" programs on BBC2. He finds out the most interesting things from history and explains them in an interesting way. I like watching his programs

Luc Besson - French film maker. I just liked all of his films that I've seen. Well, that means 3... but he did a great job on all of them

LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently
elTee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2003, 06:23 PM   #3
Lord_FinnSon

Have to say this, even though some people might disagree strongly, but they don't have opportunity to say so in this thread.

George Lucas. I can't ever congratulate him enough of sharing his visions with all of us and still continuing making what he wants to do even if there were people(and really LOUD ones in this case) who don't like some of the elements that he has incorporated into his movies or even the movies themselves. You are my idol.

Paul Thomas Anderson. I'm speechless. People, go see Boogie Nights, Magnolia and Punch-Drunk Love.

Remember, the Force will be with you... always!

Last edited by Lord_FinnSon; 06-19-2003 at 07:19 PM.
Lord_FinnSon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-19-2003, 07:12 PM   #4
Aranolorion

Bruce Springsteen - The Boss by all other names. I saw him play in late May, and was completely blown away. A class act, and still young at heart.

Nelson Mandela - visiting Ireland for the special Olympics, a true bastion of hope and integrity, a great man.

And you guys! for always putting a smile to my face, as i lurk from this forum to that.

Dream Forever.

James Gallen, ForeverDream Studios
www.foreverdreamstudios.com
Dream True, Dream One, Dream Forever.

"Though here at journey's end I lie in darkness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high, beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell: I will not say the Day is done, nor bid the Stars farewell." - Samwise Gamgee, The Return of the King, The Lord of the Rings.

"I will do what I have to do. I will do what I must." - The Sandman.
Aranolorion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2003, 01:03 AM   #5
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Harrison Ford - Indy is my hero

Tommy Shaw - Guitar player for Styx and Damn Yankees, he's just awesome.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2003, 02:53 AM   #6
Andi Wan

Bono from U2
Say what you like about him, the man is trying to make a difference for people in the third world who are under such crippling debts to developed nations that they can't even feed themselves, let alone educate themselves and prosper.

He has raised awareness about the issue, and raised billions of dollars from governments around the world.

He hasn't even scratched the surface, but its not for lack of trying.

Last edited by Andi Wan; 06-20-2003 at 06:37 AM.
Andi Wan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2003, 09:20 AM   #7
Haggis
Mojorator

Re: People I would like to praise

Quote:
Originally posted by sheaday6
That guy- I don't know his name, but I read in a newspaper that this guy was climbing a big cliff, when a big boulder fell on his arm, so he couldn't move. He stayed there for three days, until he decided to cut his arm off with a knife, and wrap his shirt around the bloody stump. Then the guy walked to the hospital. wow.
Aron Ralston. http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=222077&rfi=6

My list:
Larry Page and Sergey Brin of http://www.google.com/
Joel Spolsky of http://www.joelonsoftware.com/
...and any creator of decent literature/art/movies/music/websites.

Haggis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2003, 02:12 PM   #8
QueZTone
mind il creativo

George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Tim Schafer, Steve Purcell, Ron Gilbert, late Roy Conrad, <insert-lec-game-ppls-name>, Mojo crew, Simon Jeffery

QueZTone is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2003, 03:07 PM   #9
Oystein

Quentin Tarantino for making Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown, three of my all-time favourite movies. Kill Bill will be just as great I hope.

Matt Groening and the rest of the The Simpsons cast & crew
For creating the best show ever on television. D'oh!
Oystein is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2003, 04:25 PM   #10
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

Billy West- The voice of Ren, Stimpy, Fry, Dr.Zoidberg, Proffesor Farnsworth, Zap Brannigan, Nixon's Head, The Red m&m, The Cheerios bee, Bugs Bunny (in most of the new ones), And Woody woodpecker in 1957. A true artist
Old 06-21-2003, 05:42 PM   #11
elTee
beatnik

The International House of Mojo Staff LFN Staff Member 
Hey, Billy West is cool!

LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently
elTee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2003, 06:00 PM   #12
Kingzjester
Messiah of Tim

Ambrose Everett Burnside for inventing sideburns, and Kaiser Wilhelm II for inventing that other kooky grooming style.

~ There is only one God and Tim is his name.
Kingzjester is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-21-2003, 09:30 PM   #13
sheaday6
Old Kentucky Shark

I believe its called a handle-bar mustashe, if my facial hair knowledge is correct.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:45 PM   #14
Alien426
'll take away your bucket

Joss Whedon - creator of some of the best series on TV and DVD. He and his writers pay great attention to quality dialogue and fresh stories.

Alien426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2003, 02:55 PM   #15
scabb
zo

Seth MacFarlane
The guy who created Family Guy and voices most of the characters. Because I'm all fanboy-like and stuff.
scabb is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-22-2003, 05:47 PM   #16
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by sheaday6
Billy West- The voice of Ren, Stimpy, Fry, Dr.Zoidberg, Proffesor Farnsworth, Zap Brannigan, Nixon's Head, The Red m&m, The Cheerios bee, Bugs Bunny (in most of the new ones), And Woody woodpecker in 1957. A true artist
I second that, he also does a dozen other characters on futurama and is a true genius (and for doing a brilliant Dr Zoidberg, I could never do that).

My brother in law for risking his job to protect us.

My workmates, for making going to work worth while.

Terry Pratchett for the obvious.

The Northampton bus system from Moulton to town, that extra half hour really comes in handy.

My friend Dave who gave me three new middle names and a new surname without my consent.

My friend Sam for killing my friend Dave.

Lord Spencer, for giving me a job.

Fate, because it always has a funny way of making my life interesting without ever changing it.

Lady Luck, for that great smile.

God, because he had to come into this somewhere.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > Off-Topic Mayhem > People I would like to praise