lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar
View Poll Results: Send Spammers to jail?
Good Idea 11 78.57%
Bad Idea 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Spammers are going to go to jail in Virginia.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-01-2003, 03:33 AM   #41
ShockV1.89
Gen Mo'Kai

I use a dummy email address for anything I suspect might have spam associated with it. I only use my real one for friends and any online ordering I might do, and even then, I only use the real one with reputable companies.

"Not all one pleads can be granted. But a good hearing soothes the heart." -The Instruction of Ptah-hotep.

"So here I go, it's my shot. Feet fail me not. This may be the only opportunity that I got..." -Eminem
ShockV1.89 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2003, 04:59 AM   #42
BongoBob
Good Eye, Sniper

Current Game: BC2, FFXIII
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Hmmmm...lets see...I like the idea of taking away their comps, having the fine reflect their amount of money,oh...can't forget about the 14 inch anal rape by Big Bubba

LOMFL

I had the same problems as Mr Furious, but if he has AOL(like me )then all you have to do is go to pop up controls, and look around for the "other pop up" info. I now hav not gotten anymore of those damn grey boxes since...now if I could just get broadband, the jkiimp experience would be complete...

BongoBob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-13-2003, 10:03 PM   #43
Jubatus

Quote:
Originally posted by munik
Point is, you can avoid all this spam if you wanted it. You just have to put in the effort, or invest the time to gain knowledge on how to avoid it. I don't get spam in my personal email account. I don't get pop-ups. I don't see banner ads. It costs me absolutely nothing to do this, and about two minutes of my time.
Yup, but you shouldn't have to.

Banners on sites you visit - fine by me.

Pop-ups - annoying like hell, but since it is so very, very cheap it only takes a few suckers to make it worth the advertiser's while as another poster pointed out. Should be outlawed.

Spammail - Ought to be avoided through the same means as the stickers on RL mailboxes, and as easily.

Links popping up on your Desktop and in your Browser Favorites - Direct invasion of privacy. It's the equivalent of a man walking into your house/flat and putting up posters on your walls, and if you tear them down he'll be back the next day with new ones. Yes, my system is connected to the internet and therefor connected to all kinds of information traffic, but my flat is also connected to the community road/street system, but that gives no one any right to walk into my home unless I invite them. It's a violation of constitutionally protected privacy - ought to damn well be enforced too.

-]H-P[-Jubatus - All bow down to TROGDOR the BURNINATOR!

Ode to a

Hey, you there! What we count in numbers we lack in wit.
Hey, you there! I take orders from an imperial git.
Hey, you there! I can't shot for sh*t.
Hey, you there!....Is there a bottom to this pit?
Jubatus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-26-2003, 12:22 PM   #44
Cosmos Jack

"Jubatus" I think you pretty much summed it up that's the way I feel about it.

Anyway... has anyone ever been to Hawaii? I lost count on how many times I have walked down the street while being bombarded with people trying tell sell me trips, dinners, and crap. Kind of like logging on the net and getting spamed. Hell half the time they would ignore me, because I was white and they were trying to sell stuff to just Japanese people. Which I didn't mined.

Though one time I got harassed by a cute little British girl to take a tour of Hawaii. I didn't mined that.

-QUOTE------
Every cock fights best on his own dunghill.
Cosmos Jack is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Senate Chambers > Spammers are going to go to jail in Virginia.