lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mobility Radeon 9000 64meg video card problems
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-30-2003, 05:42 PM   #1
TheRexxor

Mobility Radeon 9000 64meg video card problems

I have a Dell Inspiron 8100. 2ghz intell p 4 processor 1 gig of ram
and a Raedon Mobility 9000 card with 64 megs of ram. I tried to call the tech support and they say they will not support the Mobility line of cards.

The problem is that when I try to log into the game it crashes to desktop at about 600X400 resolution and tells me I need to reboot to fix the problem. I reboot and the same thing happens again.

Does anyone know if and how I can get my video card to work with this game? It does work for Everquest. It works for pretty much everything I put on it, this is the first time I have had a problem like this, and no where to get the answers.

Please help )

Thanks in advance.

The Rexxor
Kill Kill Kill
TheRexxor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2003, 07:57 PM   #2
SplnterCellJedi

and i quote

"Nividia The Ways Its MENT To Be Played" just playin umm pretty much ur screwed if they say it wont support that kind of card. there not anyvary even close to easy way to work around that if any, but u never know but as far as i know theres no way to work around that.

Jedi Splinter Cell
SplnterCellJedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-30-2003, 10:11 PM   #3
TheRexxor

Started screwing around with settings in the options window. The SWG options that is on the screen when you hit Play.

Under the tab "Graphics" I added the check mark to the following

1. Disable Vertex and Pixle Shaders

This fixed my problem. Hope this helps all other Laptop users

The Rexxor
Kill Kill Kill
TheRexxor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-01-2003, 11:12 AM   #4
sexxxy_mark

try going to your video card options via display settings, and look under opengl and direct3d. there should be a button called comaptability, try disabling all of those options.
also try disabling and enabling vsync through the swg options.
i know for a fact, the ati drivers are pretty crappy.
i myself have a radeon 9700 pro and i lock up sometimes.
i first noticed the lockups when i first started playing swg, with catalyst 3.4 drivers.
i went back to catalyst 3.2 drivers and all is well, at least for more than 12 hours at least.
hey, i gotta reboot my computer sometime.
sexxxy_mark is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Community > SWGalaxies.net > Star Wars Galaxies discussion > Development Forum > Mobility Radeon 9000 64meg video card problems