lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Server Issues - Timeouts and Drops
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-11-2003, 05:34 PM   #1
Shi Wunu

Server Issues - Timeouts and Drops

Greetings,

I just wanted to start by saying that I thoroughly enjoy the game! I think the Dev team did a GREAT job - way to go guys; keep up the good work.

My concern is that I'm unable to consistantly experience this wholesome goodness due to the fact I'm plagued by server drops due to timeout issues. (Tarquinas server)

Please understand that I don't mind an occasional drop here and there. The occasional drop is to be expected with a MMPORPG.

The drops I'm experiencing occur no less than TWO DOZEN times within an eight hour time! Lately we've seen ping times in excess of 162ms!!!

Several traceroutes indicate there's a MAJOR bottleneck in what looks to be Sony's Internet provider. Are there plans to resolve this and/or switch providers?

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Safe Journies...

Shi Wunu

P.S. As my friends and I have established a "network" of crafters and other necessities on this server (not to mention all the character XP we've accrued) it is impractical to simply choose a different server.

Safe Journies...
Shi Wunu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO Forums > Community > SWGalaxies.net > Star Wars Galaxies discussion > Development Forum > Server Issues - Timeouts and Drops