lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Can you delay a func_train at a path_corner until triggered?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-21-2003, 10:46 PM   #1
rgoer

Can you delay a func_train at a path_corner until triggered?

I've got a stupid little func_train moving back and forth, over and over, between two path_corners. Can I "hold" the train at one of the path_corners until a trigger_multiple is fired off? Or, if that doesn't work, is there some other way to stop, then start back up a func_train?
rgoer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2003, 02:09 AM   #2
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

I don't think so, unfortunately. I've tried several variants of targeting a trigger at a func_train...altough...not targeting it at a path_corner...if you do figure something out I'd be glad to know.

If your final map only has those two path_corners, though, and they're in a line along one of the coordinate axes, you would do better with a func_door or func_plat, those you can hold indefinitely at one end.

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2003, 03:55 AM   #3
Lil Killa
lunatic

Quote:
Originally posted by wedge2211
If your final map only has those two path_corners, though, and they're in a line along one of the coordinate axes, you would do better with a func_door or func_plat, those you can hold indefinitely at one end.
yeah but only if it's in sp cause u must remember he want to be able to restart it with a trigger.

Lil Killa is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2003, 09:00 AM   #4
rgoer

Well, the func_train moves diagonally up and forward--rather like some of the func_train lifts in OTS, Wedge--so I couldn't use a func_plat.

Bah. Constantly moving lifts, I guess--oh well.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:42 PM   #5
wedge2211
Commander, Rogue Squadron

Quote:
Originally posted by rgoer
rather like some of the func_train lifts in OTS, Wedge
Yeah, I remember that headache...I couldn't get the sound to work on those, either...

wedge2211 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2003, 01:02 PM   #6
Mr. Chopper

What about a func_usable textured with caulk so it's invisible, and when it's turned on it blocks the train's path?
Mr. Chopper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-22-2003, 01:37 PM   #7
rgoer

I tried using func_doors to block the train, but func_trains seem to be able to move through all obstructions besides the player.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:33 AM   #8
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

I'm pretty sure the path_corner can use something when the train hits it, right? If so, have it target a target_deactivate which targets the train. You could have a timer sharing the targetname of the target_deactivate, which targets a target_activate which can restart the train after a delay. Or you could use a scripted event.

Clarionet, n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet -- two clarionets.
Emon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2003, 09:35 AM   #9
rgoer

MP, bro, MP.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:52 PM   #10
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

Oh, then without new ents, I think you're boned. Unless there's a delay thing for the path_corner, but that would only work for time.

Clarionet, n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet -- two clarionets.
Emon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Can you delay a func_train at a path_corner until triggered?