lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Questions about JK2's file system
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-23-2003, 08:10 PM   #1
Patrick_H

Questions about JK2's file system

If I were to place a modified shader file in my .pk3 with the same name as an existing shader file in the /base/shaders directory, would it be loaded up when I run the map in the same pk3? In other words, does the game first look to the .pk3 being accessed, and then to the "loose" files in the /base directory?

I am trying to find out if I can simply place a different "imperial" shader file in my .pk3 to override the existing shader.
Patrick_H is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-23-2003, 08:36 PM   #2
Emon
Strong Bad's Henchman

PK3s in base are loaded first with alphabetical order, then files in base, then PK3s with alphabetical order in the mod directory, then files in the mod directory.

Clarionet, n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet -- two clarionets.
Emon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Questions about JK2's file system