lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The whole game SUCKS!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-14-2003, 04:55 PM   #1
TLiJ

The whole game SUCKS!

Maybe that's an overstatement, but SP has more problems than a Java script written in HTML.

Recently, I read a good article on gamedev.net (actually, three articles) about common mistakes in gameplay design. There were about 20 gripes listed and I agreed with as many of them as applied to the games I played. I played JO SP (just Kejim, too!) the other day and realized that it was guilty of most of those design flaws.

Here are some of the complaints:
Boring and stupid mazes
A Switch in One Room Opens a Door In Another Room A Mile Away

I don't guess there are that many errors in JO, really, but the whole SP game is extremely dull. It just seemed like a lot of the things you had to do were a waste of time to prolong the level and nothing really realistic or exciting. I don't know if this is the result of rushed development or just shoddy design. The first EF was the same way to a point, but not as bad as JO.
TLiJ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2003, 01:38 AM   #2
Arkum

i kinda agree. the gameplay and graphics arent too bad. but the overall enjoyment is kinda low. it just gets boring after a while.
Arkum is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2003, 02:20 AM   #3
DRUDRIG
Lurker

Thank god for mods and multiplayer then...

-D
DRUDRIG is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Game Discussion > Game Feedback > The whole game SUCKS!