lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Shadows of the Empire file extraction?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-19-2003, 10:37 PM   #1
jp-30

The International House of Mojo Staff 
Shadows of the Empire file extraction?

Hi All,

"Help!"

Not really a SCUMM question, but this is the most promising place to look.

Does anyone have any pointers in regards opening / extracting the files in the PC "Shadows of the Empire" game?

I want to look at the textures, and possibly the 3do's. The FPS sections of the game closely resemble the Jedi Knight engine.

Unfortunately it seems like all the data (except sounds) is wrapped up in .dll files, something I'd not seen before in a LEC game. Can they be opened, and if so, can anything be extracted?

Also, has there been any progress with independant .SAN movie players and/or .SAN movie convertors?

Websearching has drawn a blank, so I'm hoping someone here may have knowledge that will point me in the right direction.
jp-30 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-20-2003, 04:10 PM   #2
bgbennyboy
Festively Plump

LFN Staff Member 
I've been pestering for a San (SMUSH) player/convertor for some time now. It's quite possible to knock one together with the ScummVM smush code, but it needs someone who knows c++ (ie not me) to do it. There might be some progress on this soon though, i'll post if there is.

As for extracting the data from the dll's I have no idea i'm afraid, the structure doesnt look anything like any resource file I know.

bgbennyboy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Community Discussion Forums > SCUMM > Shadows of the Empire file extraction?