lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Help my map's doors out please
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-31-2003, 02:25 AM   #1
BongoBob
Good Eye, Sniper

Current Game: BC2, FFXIII
The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Help my map's doors out please

I need help. Bad. I read Rich Deisels tut on doors, and I used it on my map. But I have a problem.
a)whenever I open the door, it "Z Fights" with the wall. I did not make it large, all I did was cut a piece(sp?) out of the wall, and made that the func_door. I don't want the door to stick out when its not engages, so I need to figure out a way to do this.

b)I want the player top trigger the door by going up to the door and pressing the door basically. Is there any way to do this?

Please help me, and thaks in advance.

PS: Anyone that helps me will get credit in the release.

BongoBob is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2003, 11:10 AM   #2
Leslie Judge
Teacher

You will always get Z-Fighting if two brushes' faces happen to be at the exat same place. This happens with your door when it is open and you set the lip value to 0. If you don't want the door to stick out from the wall, then build a hole for it in the wall. It doesn't have to be as large as the open door, just a little one. This way the door and the wall brush's surface will not occupy the same place when the door is open.

Since you didn't post a picture I don't know you have the above problem only or anything else. If it didn't help you, post a screenshot of the problem.

If you want open the doors by pressing the door, then build a trigger_multiple next to the door with the PLAYER USE and FACING spawnflags checked, set the angle towards the door and target the trigger to the door. This way the player has to go close to the door facing towards it and press the use button to open it. If you don't want the facing stuff, then don't check FACING and don't set angle.

L. J.
Leslie Judge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Help my map's doors out please