lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How do I even begin?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-19-2003, 12:59 AM   #1
ruptorus

How do I even begin?

Since I am finished with Jedi Academy, how do I even begin making a map or level. I have been planning to learn...could anyone give me a tutorial or something? I know the tools for making maps in JA aren't released but the Jedi Outcast version would fit fine...
ruptorus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2003, 11:28 AM   #2
GothiX
Ocean Soul

Best thing to do is to get GTKRadiant from www.qeradiant.com , get the latest JO version, set the paths to your JA folders, and you should be all set... For tutorials, best way to start is often via Richdiesal. Though I must say, he is wrong at sveral points, such as his "detail brushes" tutorial, and the fact that he claims JK2Radiant is better.

GothiX is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2003, 02:38 PM   #3
Yun the Sith

Quote:
Originally posted by gothicX
Though I must say, he is wrong at sveral points, such as his "detail brushes" tutorial, and the fact that he claims JK2Radiant is better.
Ok, if he is wrong on some tutorials, which tutorials are they? And where can I find accurate information covering what he is wrong about?
Yun the Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-20-2003, 04:07 PM   #4
GothiX
Ocean Soul

Detail brushes, and that he claims JK2Radiant to be better, mainly. A better detail brushes tutorial is found at Claxon's website, though that has some mistakes in it too. Emon showed me a very good, detailed, though somewhat technical tutorial on it, I'll ask him for the web adress in a while. Good luck!!

Old 09-20-2003, 04:09 PM   #5
GothiX
Ocean Soul

Found it already.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > How do I even begin?