lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Map size question
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-24-2003, 01:39 PM   #1
Logiwan
Lurker

Map size question

I am creating a map with a huge, wide open space. When I save it to .bsp and load it into JKJA, it loads and everything is right except when I go outside and look around. Where there was a wall, it looks like you are looking into the void. As I get closer the wall fills in. Is there some setting in JKJA or JK2Radiant that fixes that?
Logiwan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2003, 01:54 PM   #2
[SASH]Nathan
Rookie

i think you have reachead the max distance the game engine can draw, i think yur best bet is to reduce the outside area slightly or place sumfink in front of that wall so the player wont see that error when aproaching it.

www.JK2mods.com
[SASH]Nathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2003, 02:17 PM   #3
Logiwan
Lurker

Good idea. I am going to try to put in snow, and if that doesn't work or if it is too intense graphically, I will make it smaller.
Logiwan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-24-2003, 03:36 PM   #4
Eldritch
Mmm, Donuts

Actually, I think that happens when the amount of open space is greater than the blocksize (set to 1024 by default, I believe).

If you enlarge the blocksize you should have no problems.

Eldritch is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Editing Central > JO Mapping > Map size question